Loving Hut - Alhambra

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Offers a photo menu featuring mostly vegan Vietnamese cuisine in addition to a few American style food items. Range of vegan desserts include tiramisu, carrot cake, cheesecake. Bargain all-you-can-eat buffet for around $10.95 is offered all day Saturday (includes drinks, fruit, and dessert). Bright and spacious setup. Parking lot in rear. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Asian, American, Buffet, Take-out
621 W Main St (Atlantic Blvd)
Alhambra, California 91801
626-289-2684

Open Tue-Sat 11am-3pm, 5-9pm, Sun 4-9pm.

First Review by Veganism
chobesoy
chobesoy

• herbivore

hits the spot for a quick bite

3 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

hoping they pick it up a bit, the place is fizzling and the last time we were there to check out the buffet, the food was passable, which is a disappointment.

A very nice place, with clean and tasty food. May not be the most upscale, being more of a casual lunch spot. The food is very good and quick, but not spectacular. The subs are a little small (granted I have a big appetite) and the noodle soup was a little mushy (loved the soup stock) but I've gone more than once now and leave satisfied. Prices are reasonable, although the area is known for good cheap asian food so it's in an area where you can get more for the same price. However I will go back, as I'd rather support a vegan establishment.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 12, 2011

Pros: quick, tasty, healthy
Cons: casual, buffet not as good as menu
jrehmel
jrehmel

Several experiences.

3 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

I've been to Loving Hut in Alhambra several times as I used to intern for the school district. The food is good, overall, I particularly like the house burger with onion and mushrooms and the noodle dish with vegetables. The service, although quite friendly, can be a bit slow at times. Also, the last time I ate here our cups smelled strongly of a "fishy" smell. Not sure what to think about that, but there you have it.

Pros: Good food, reasonable price, parking
Cons: credit card restrictions , slow service, questionable cleanliness
Chia
Chia

Good food Nice people

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2012

I had first read about this place on happycow and have eaten here twice so far. Here's my Loving Hut Alhambra review update.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is very causal, bright, and clean with many tables for seating. Large windows line the front of the building letting in natural sunlight.

Was just here again in June 2012 for lunch. This time around I ordered a hot pho noodle soup, a cappucino (made with soymilk), and for dessert the tiramisu cake. The noodle and the soup were both yummy. The cappucino had a very tasty thick foam on top, but the espresso itself tasted a bit "off," like a flavored coffee than straight up espresso/capp -- I think it might have been the type of soymilk used.

Previously I had come on a weekday for lunch with my friend, and we had both enjoyed our shared meal of spring rolls with faux shrimp inside served with a sweet and salty peanut sauce, the slightly spicy royal noodle soup (bun hue), an order of teriyaki kabob (tasty but salty). We finished our meal with coffee and carrot cake (cake was fine and not too sweet, but the texture was a bit doughy for me).

The entire staff here is very courteous and friendly. I would definitely return to try some more of the other dishes. Please give Loving Hut your support when you are in the Alhambra area!

Pros: positive vibes, good menu variety, tasty food
kyle116
kyle116

its good

3 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2012

not the best but its alright. they have vietnamese food, burgers, and some others but i would say 40% vietnamese menu. ate there twice and im kinda tired already but its a nice place to try somewhere new

Paliut1992
Paliut1992

For my first time...

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2010

The food was decent, it was good for the price. It was my first time there so what i had to eat was sufficient for me to be interested in returning to this restaurant, hoping to have a more delicious meal. I did enjoy the mango soy shake very much.

Pros: some dishes may be overpriced
Cons: location, atmosphere, service
j_fizzle
j_fizzle

Lov Hunt

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2010

I went here a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed the food and the service. I got the Vegan Burger it was pretty big and filling. But it was very tasty. I would definitely go again. I also tried their mango shake however they put too much ice so I really didn't get much but it was good. One thing I can say negative was I drove twice to the loving hunt and they were closed when it was regular business hours.

Pros: Great taste, Good service
Cons: Open at the business hours
intheend
intheend

Divine teriyaki

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2009

I went here with my partner and we tried the golden nuggets but we were shocked by the size. These things can be a meal within themselves! I definitely recommend them if you're really hungry otherwise it ends up a lot of food! I tried the teriyaki kabob plate and the queen's plate. Both were delectable and would totally win over any omnivore.

tracinicole
tracinicole

Yummy

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2009

I went to Loving Hut just yesterday. I went with two of my friends, who are not vegetarian/vegan. One got the Classic Vegan Burger, and he said he really liked it, and my other friend got the Teriyaki & Broccoli, who also liked it. I myself, ordered the Teriyaki Kabob. I really enjoyed it. I'm sure I'll be coming here often. The service is good, the people who work there are nice.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, good portions
Cons: to find the parking was confusing.
BubblyAdela
BubblyAdela

• non-vegetarian

Nice little place...

4 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2009

I tried this for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty decent. The portions are a good size at affordable prices, and the food's flavorful. I wouldn't recommend the apppetizer drumsticks (kinda tasted like paper), but the Queen's Lunch & Cha Cha were tasty & filling. Not exceptionally healthy (a lotta fake meats), but it's a nice little treat nonetheless.

Oh, and the drinks are delicious!! Try the kiwi or the kumquat ones....very yummy! The carrot cake wasn't quite as good, but it was a big slice, if that matters at all...

I'll definitely go back to try out some of the other cornucopia-like entrees.

Pros: nice atmosphere, good value, not crowded
spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

Delicious and Good Price Vegan Dishes

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2009

I finally visited this place. I brought my mom who is NOT a vegetarian. Our experience was mostly all positive. We ordered Spicy Mambo (fried mushrooms) that was very delicious. The texture of each nugget was like a scallop but it was actually a mushroom. The price of this dish is not low but considering the kind of mushrooms they use, I think it is reasonable. We were addicted to this dish and ate them all up. We asked for spicier dishes since my mom loves spicy food. The other dishes are cheaper. We ordered Bliss Chow Mien and I just love the taste of this fried noodle. My mom said that the fake meat in the noodle was good. We also ordered Eggplant Tofu (asked for spicier) and my mom just ate that with a gusto. I love to see her eating so much in a vegan restaurant. It's rare that she likes a vegetarian restaurant. Bravo to the chef! If she likes it then this restaurant passed the test to satisfy vegans or non-vegans alike.

I took Guru's Curry and vegan carrot cake home. The taste of the cake was good but I agree that it's kind of doughy or gummy.

The restaurant is CLEAN (restroom is clean), bright, and open. The atmosphere is very good. It's definitely the cleanest Asian restaurant we go to.

I will definitely go back again. Next time, I'll order the spicy cha cha.

Pros: Delicious, Clean , Great atmosphere
Cons: Parking can be challenging, Busy street in front
kittykat
kittykat

sweet!

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2009

the place was hopping on the saturday night we ate here. the service was extremely friendly and helpful. try the spicy cha cha-it was fantastic. carrot cake for dessert to end an overall wonderful experience. i will definitely make the drive again!

Pros: srevice, food, presentation
Cons: no thai iced tea, need location in LA
chicken869
chicken869

Best Vegan Food!!!

5 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2009

This restaurant has the best vegan food I've ever tasted!!! Everything resembles what it's supposed to and often times, you cannot tell that the food is vegan.

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy, Good Portions
nhzrc
nhzrc

lovin' it

5 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2009

It is not easy to find such a good quality in a vegetarian/Vegan restaurant, the food is excellent, and the service is fantastic! I came the first time with my boyfriend who is a vegan but I am not, I did not miss any meat :o) The food is extremely healthy, smells wonderful and tastes delicious; I would definitely eat there again.

Pros: Excellent food, great value, friendly staff
VeggieKing
VeggieKing

Heavenly taste!

5 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2009

Delicious food, great service, and a delightful ambiance are the key impressions I got from this newly opened vegan restaurant - all for a reasonable price. The menu includes a variety of authentic vegan Vietnamese, Chinese, and Western entrees, as well as many choices of exotic and creative vegan drinks. My favorites so far are the Spicy Cha Cha, the Spaghetti, and the Rose Milk Tea - they are SOOO GOOD, you've got to try them, and I'm sure the list will continue to grow as I go back and try more things.

The entire place is newly remodeled with an elegant and stylish design, which offers a truly pleasant dining experience. They also have 2 large flat screen TVs on the sides of the wall showing satellite TV programs throughout - now how's that for getting the biggest bang out of the buck!

One other plus is that it is conveniently located next to an Edwards movie theater, a few blocks of car dealerships, shopping plaza, and even a car wash around the corner. So whether it's the movies, shopping, or getting your car cleaned, you can always feel comforted that great yummy vegan food is just close by.

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Convenient location
Veganism
Veganism

vegan quality

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2009

This is quite a unique Vegan Restaurant, their foods seem to be a combination of Vietnamese, Western, Pan Asian tastes such as PHO, Royal noodle, golden rolls (Vietnamese taste), Curry blend in with India spicy flavor, Hamburger, Spaghetti carry American & Western flavor however their food are very good and there are many colorful& tasty drinks that hard to find somewhere else, plus Waitress are
very polite manner. I would recommend this restaurant due to their reasonable price and clean with full warm atmosphere place

Pros: bright, clean, good food, warm atmosphere
Cons: menu should have more dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Alhambra: