Chicago vegan restaurant, opened Nov 2013. Casual space. Provides all vegan food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Asian, American, Fusion, Take-out

First Review by ChicagoVeg
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

All Vegan, but.............

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

Wonderful, helpful people. Good menu selections. Gluten conscious. I had the Curry Noodle dish, which was very good, but not great. Then I ordered a Happy Burger to go. I unwrapped it hours later to find that it 5 slices of dill pickle on the burger, so the the juices were into the burger. It was not on the list of ingredients for the Happy Burger on the menu, AND I hate dill pickles. I wish that they wouldn't get creative without telling the customers. The burger was good otherwise.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Great Little Place With Delicious Food!

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

The interior is pleasant, warm, and inviting. You order your food from the take-out menu & wait for them to call your name. At 5pm, it wasn’t that busy so we were able to order and eat pretty quickly.
It was nearly impossible to decide what to eat because everything sounded so good!
I ordered a banana mango smoothie, which is both gluten and nut free and quite good. My wife had a hot cinnamon and ginger tea latte. For you fellow coffee drinkers, they do have both hot and iced coffee drinks available. The iced coffee comes with soymilk.
The first appetizer we ordered was a rice roll (it comes with two rolls for the order). I really enjoyed this one and it’s a roll version to a salad that’s available. It comes with a ginger pesto sauce, avocados, spinach, their house special soy-beef slices (very good!), seaweed, onions, red bell peppers, and cilantro. I really liked this and I’m not even a huge pesto fan. This can be gluten free if needed.
The second appetizer we ordered was an order of pot stickers that were steamed. They were stuffed with zucchini, cabbage, carrot, tofu, sweet potato noodles, onion, and mushroom. The order is nut free for those of you who need to know. They were also very good.
My first main meal I ordered was the order of BiBim Noodles. It’s basically a salad mix on top of noodles but it is so good because the sauce is a blend of spicy, tangy, and sweet. Fantastic! It comes with avocados, their house special soy-beef slices, carrots, zucchinis, carrots, lettuce, red bell peppers, and wheat noodles. It’s nut free and there is also a gluten free option available. Good god was this so good! Check it out if you go. The combination of salad with noodles and their sauce was perfect.
The second main meal, which I shared with my wife, was their Heaven Wrap. This, too, was very good! It comes with raw red bell pepper hummus, spinach, their house special soy-beef slices, red bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, and onions. The hummus contains cashews incase that’s a concern. This was really good and if you want something a bit lighter than a noodle dish, then get this.
Overall, the price was cheap considering all we ordered (3 main meals, 2 appetizers, & 2 drinks) for about $40.
The only con that I can even think of might be getting street parking. We were fortunate to get a spot right in front, however.

Pros: Price, Location, Quantity of food
Kyleigh100
Kyleigh100

Simply Amazing!

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

I am so glad I stumbled upon this restaurant. The food is phenomenal. I love Asian fusion and the food here is not only delicious, but healthy as well. There are gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free and even sugar-free options which is nice, and there is a real emphasis on whole plant foods, and raw foods.

My husband and I had the Pot Stickers which were great. The Rice Roll which was amazing. I got the Ever Young Noodles which were fan-freaking-tastic, he got the BiBim Noodles which were amazing too! and we split a Heaven Wrap which really was a taste of heaven.

The Banana mango smoothie was good, and so was the hot cinnamon ginger tea latte.

If you're in the area I really can't recommend a better place to stop for a bite. The service is quick, the staff is friendly, and the food is really reasonable. Walking into Loving Heart is like walking into a big hug. Such a loving atmosphere. You can check out a full review at my blog herehttp://thegoodkarmakitchen.blogspot.com/2014/05/restaurant-review-loving-heart-chicago.html - and see the photos of what we ate too.

Pros: Great food, Friendly, helpful Staff, Really Reasonable Prices
Cons: Parking could be a problem

rickdavid
rickdavid

Love This Place

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

I found this restaurant on Happy Cow last month and tried it for lunch. Had the Heaven Wrap and really loved it. Went back with a group of eight, four adults and four children, not all vegetarians, and everyone in the group liked the food. I have been back, and every time the food has been excellent, the staff friendly, and the prices are very reasonable. Completely self service. Order at the counter and they call you to pick it up when it is ready. One of my favorite restaurants in Chicago already.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, very good value
Cons: parking can be difficult at night
smileyguy
smileyguy
  • raw

Great experience! We will return!

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

There were four in our party so we tried a wide variety of the menu items which ran from both Heavenly and Loving Wraps to the Burgers to the Salads, and we did not have one single item that wasn't being raved about. They use a textured soy for their meat simulation and it is certified non-gmo but they only use it on a few dishes and it is more of an accent than anything else. Plus it tastes great! My wife and I are raw vegans so we were skeptical but the tastes were interesting, stimulating, well balanced, and we will return. Four of us ate two plates apiece and had dessert and the bill was only sixty bucks, so that was extremely reasonable.

Pros: Healthy non-gmo foods, Delicioius, Very affordable
Cons: none
mariec1
mariec1

Delicious wraps

5 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

Been hoping to try this new north side vegan restaurant and finally did! Simple menu but very satisfying. I had the Lucky wrap & my friend tried the Heavenly wrap. Filling and tasty. Raw desserts looked great but too full to try one. Maybe next time.

Pros: open for lunch, friendly staff, reasonably priced
ChicagoVeg
ChicagoVeg

You should check it out!

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2013

Just visited the restaurant yesterday and totally enjoyed it: The managers were very helpful, service was quick, the food was tasty. I also really enjoyed the relaxed and loving ambiance.
The street parking on Montrose street could be a problem but there is a Jewel-Osco only a block West of the restaurant so it might be possible park there if the Jewel is open.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Nice vibe

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Heart Cafe: