This vegetarian restaurant in Tucson offers many choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has brunch on weekends. Veggie burgers, fries with vegan ranch dressing, and its signature dish is a cashew nut loaf. Order your at the counter and seat yourself. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine

JenVeganMaui
JenVeganMaui

Options for Vegans

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

One thing I admire about this establishment is that there are absolutely NO animal products in this establishment, and there are also vegan cookbooks for sale, and DVDs about the importance of a plant-based diet, like Forks Over Knives. There are also brochures available for taking which promote veganism. The food here isn't my favorite, but I do appreciate that they have a booklet that lists every single ingredient used in each menu item available for perusal for those with special dietary guidelines. The owner truly is passionate about a shift in awareness regarding the serious detriment caused by consumption of animal products. Check out the restaurant website for some informative liks!

Pros: Owner is passionate, dedicated, Large selection of menu items, Transparancy of ingredients
Cons: Expensive for small portions, Menu items are not necessarily healthy, Overuse of TVP
Rambling Vegans
Rambling Vegans

Kept Going Back For More!

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

We've visited Tucson twice and have eaten here several times. The staff was always friendly and the owner talked to us quite a bit. She seemed really nice and it felt pretty laid back, which we love. The food was fantastic, especially the Route 66 Bacon Cheeseburger and Tuna Melt, two of our favorites there. It's a nice variety on their menu because you can order healthier if you want, too. We'll definitely be stopping in there again the next time we visit Tucson!

Pros: excellent variety, excellent food, friendly staff
March-Darkfox
March-Darkfox

I don't understand why people love this place...

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

It's a small and noisy order-at-the counter type place. The food is expensive and surprisingly bland. What a disappointment. I ordered the Angel Hair with Tomato. The pasta was overcooked and gummy and the sauce had to be the blandest I've had in a long time.

My son and daughter-in-law ordered sandwiches and french fries. The fries were certainly plentiful but they were undercooked, limp and greasy. The sandwiches themselves were tasteless.

Don't they use spices and herbs? Don't they use salt and pepper? This was boring, boring, boring and bland. I will NOT go back.

Pros: Good sized portions, Friendly staff
Cons: Bland, Over-priced

aries1wa
aries1wa

WONDERFUL

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

I'm new to the Tucson area and am excited for this vegan restaurant. And they have vegan bakery items as well. YUM

DanimalPanda
DanimalPanda

SUPER AWESOME

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

I love this place. So great to sit inside when its cold, or outside. They have an awesome veggie library of books and magazines. The owner is super friendly.

I wish it was more RELAXED! Veggie power is freedom, for all, for all employees, and for customers who wish for the employees to be free, so we can all have peace of mind! EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!!! Also, I wish it was less microwaved.

Pros: comfy!!! , no reading menu!!!
Cons: let the manager give peace to employees, let the employees relax, let all beings be wild and free
ssepeq
ssepeq

Overpriced, Nothing To Write Home

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

Expensive for some not bad but pretty unassuming food. It's an order at the counter place trying to look classy. The woman there barely acknowledged me until I spoke up, then actually second guessed which dessert I wanted. But the other staff were helpful. I enjoyed hearing the musician play.

Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Prices, Flavor
Janelle
Janelle

So good!

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Vegan French Toast!! I'm from L.A., and I don't understand why it's so hard to find a vegan breakfast let alone Vegan French Toast, but I found it in Tucson, Arizona and boy is it good!!

Organic multigrain bread dipped in cinnamon batter, hot from the griddle with pure maple syrup. I ordered that with a side of the "Country Scramble" with veggie "ham" added with some hot chocolate. Delicious!!

I am here on business for 3 weeks so I know I'll be here again! Thanks for bein' here Lovin' Spoonfuls!

Pros: Yummy!, Ample portions, Did I say yummy?!
aylaread
aylaread

Best vegan restaurant.. EVER

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

I am a native Tucsonan and a loyal patron of Lovin' Spoonfuls! Since it's start, this restaurant offers a large menu with a wide variety of options for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The food is absolutely incredible and is delicious enough to entice even the non-veg eaters! The flavors are amazing and the staff is always very kind. The owner is an amazing lady who obviously has a big passion for what she does. The inside is nice enough to be a formal restaurant, but it was a casual feel.
The golden nuggets (non-chicken nuggets) are AMAZING and they have a great adzuki burger. I have never been less than amazed by their soups.
Over all a must-go-to when in Tucson!

Pros: Incredible food, Amazing owner and staff, A business worth supporting
JackieP
JackieP

Intriguingly good

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Food has a unique flavor that is worth experiencing. Everything is hand-made. The flavors are different and interesting -- the cashew-mushroom pate is great! If I lived locally, I would eat here all the time. When you walk in, the place looks super-formal, but it's pretty casual.

Pros: Unique flavors, Pretty interior, Free Wifi
EmilyOh
EmilyOh

love this place

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

When we go, we always order a meal each, a few sides, and desserts! So good! The cakes don't impress me but those cookies are to die for! The food is good and it is a totally chill environment. Check it out :)

Pros: yummy, cookies!, chill environment
lovinthevegans
lovinthevegans

Despite the cons, still one of my favorite places

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2013

This is definitely one of my comfort places when in town due to their vegan desserts, vegan cheese, vegan ranch and sour cream. Most places don't have those things. However....

There is always a very tense vibe when the owner is in. If you pay attention at all, you can see her correcting their every move. Which was awkward.

When asked about how they heat things, they said most our heated in the microwave which bothered me. Also the portions have gotten smaller and smaller over the years. Don't get a smoothie - they are mostly ice, but the shakes are amazing!

Last time I was there, they were also still using styrofoam for to-go orders which seemed very dated to me.

Having said all that, I'll still go every time I'm in town. :) Highly recommend the chickun nuggets (or whatever they call them), the chicken salad melt, and the chef's salad with ranch. Also the chocolate PB shake is sooo good!

Pros: Great food, All the hard to find vegan condiments, Huge dessert selection
Cons: Tense vibe, small portions
TucsonVeganGal
TucsonVeganGal

LS has gotten better as it's aged

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2013

For vegans this is the place to eat in town. Has a low-fat, soy-free and gluten-free menu as well.

I do not care for the order at the counter, we'll bring your food to the table. The line can be incredibly long and very slow.

Wish the opening time/breakfast was served at a more traditional hour. 9:30 on M-Sat is too late and Sunday at 10 AM is ridiculous.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegan, vegan, vegan!
Cons: Breakfast not served early enough!, Small portions, Can be pricey
Lore88
Lore88

Delicious all-vegan food & great casual atmosphere

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2013

Visiting Tucson, this was the first place I hit. Brought my 2 non-veg sisters along and we ALL loved our food. Got the Caesar salad, falafel sandwich, Asian rice bowl, and split a piece of the peanut butter pie. Everything was outstanding and the service very friendly and quick. You can seriously taste the love in this place.

Pros: All vegan menu, Friendly & fast service, Good portions
JessicaSerna
JessicaSerna

Favorite in Tucson

Posted on 12 / 23 / 2012

I have family in Tucson and I am vegan. Lovin' Spoonfuls is an oasis for me. It has become a family tradition to eat there when I am in town, even though my family is not vegan. Every dish I have had was wonderful. I particularly love the lasagne. The atmosphere is clean and the staff is always nice.

Pros: Excellent food, good price, nice people
Julie R
Julie R

GREAT FIND WHILE VISITING TUCSON

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

Thanks to my Happy Cow App, this was a great find while travelling through Tucson, Arizona. The restaurant is super-clean and friendly. You order your food at a counter and then sit down and they bring it to you. You can sit inside or outside. I ordered the batter-fried "chicken" strips appetizer and a "B"LT. The fake-chicken was fantastic. It came with a honey mustard sauce for dipping. There were a lot of them in the basket, so it's plenty to share with a couple people. The batter is very light and delicious. The BLT was fantastic also. The "bacon" was so crunchy and delicious (and plenty of it on the sandwich - not skimpy at all); it was served on a grain bread with lettuce, tomato and some kind of fake mayo. Even though it says "vegetarian", I believe Lovin Spoonfuls is vegan. I'm not vegan, just vegetarian, so it was fine with me. They serve NO MEAT at all. The prices were very reasonable - even on the low side. Love love loved everything about it.

Pros: Casual, clean atmosphere, Great food, Very reasonable prices
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

good food

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2012

Reasonable price, good food. Lots of vegan desserts.

GroundHog
GroundHog

Pretty Good

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

There's not many vegan restaurants around, but even if there were they'd compare pretty good. If they improved a few things to please perfectionists like me then I'd think they were awesome: I don't like that they use canola oil in alot of items (as of date of this review) - come on - canola oil - every nutritionist in the world abhors that stuff, I don't like that they sometimes use a microwave oven to keep some items warm, I think the music is slightly too loud. I know I'm picky. People/staff are great, menu is good too.

• BBourne89 BBourne89

Canola oil IS supported by Nutritionists. I don't know where you get your information, but it's inaccurate. Canola oil is one of the oils with the least amount of saturated fat. Even even less than Olive oil.

KatieB
KatieB

Stroganoff is HEAVEN

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2012

Just driving through; had heard the burger was great, but wanted to try the stroganoff. It. Was. FABULOUS. It was perfectly spiced, the vegan "beef" was chewy and delicious, it tasted just like my Mom used to make it. The sauce was creamy and thick. Topped it off with spiced iced tea and a slice of vanilla cake. Can't wait to come back through so I can stop here again!

amarello
amarello

What a wonderful place :-)

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I wish I could give a more well-rounded review, but I always get the same thing for lunch/dinner: Route 66 Bacon Cheese Burger with carrot salad. I keep thinking I should try something else, but this sandwich is SO GOOD. Even my omnivore boyfriend loves it. We have tried breakfast there and it was also delicious; I had the Italian Scramble and he had French Toast. Although they have been busy whenever I go, the staff is friendly and service is fast. Lovely atmosphere; I can't say enough good things about this place!!!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Cons: none
VeganPlease
VeganPlease

Wish there were more places like this

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

Awesome all vegan food. Lots of options. Quick service. Great food!

Pros: great food, friendly service, good prices
veganmeatloaf
veganmeatloaf

The Best Vegan Bakery Ever!

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

We live in L.A. and are surrounded by vegan restaurants but the breakfast we had was by far the best I remember. Lovin' Spoonfuls is a wonderful vegan restaurant with the best vegan bakery I know of. I wish they were in Los Angeles, though I'm sure they don't.

Pros: great vegan breakfast, five-star vegan baked goods
afoona
afoona

Awesome

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

on the way from El Paso to Pheonix we stopped, starving, at spoonfuls. my omni bf ordered the route 66 and I took the adzuki. mine was perfect, together with the potato salad. my bf's route 66 with carrot salad was ok. very nice place, the only one in Tucson to my understanding. the home iced tea was excellent :-) recommended!!

Pros: big variety, great iced tea
Cons: bit pricy, $8 for small but filling burger
veganese
veganese

Par Excellence

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

I was visiting Tucson for a week and went to Loving spoonfuls like 3-4 times. Outstanding food. The saurkraut brauts were amazingly good. All of the meat substitute dishes were tasty indeed. They specialize in the American stick to your ribs type of food and do it exceptionally well. The owner was very polite and service friendly. There are not pretentious vegans here just honest to good compassionately made food. The atmosphere is very casual and laid back. You can bring your kids w/ strollers as well as your 80 year old grandma. But its nice enough to take a date out to on a weekend night.

Pros: food, price, service
DawnOfTheRent
DawnOfTheRent

Can't do shakes

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2011

We had the good fortune to visit here twice on our trip. The first time we came through at dinner and ordered Lasagna (not the one with all the veggies). It was alright, you definitely get a lot of it (I would not order this again, cheese was too fake. The second time we chose the Route 66 Bacon Cheese Burger. These guys seriously know how to make a burger, this is probably the best food I had on my entire trip. They used Daiya, definitely a good move (Sad things is, I'll probably never try anything else on their menu if I'm ever in the area again). We got Peanut butter and Chocolate Mint milk shakes to go but they tasted too watered down (not sure how they get Peanut Butter to taste bland).

Pros: Bacon Cheeseburger, Bacon Cheeseburger, Easy to find
Cons: Bland Milk Shakes, No Eugene, OR Branch (Hint Hint)
  • DawnOfTheRent DawnOfTheRent

I forgot to mention how unbelievably fast these guys are (I ordered, went to the bathroom, came back and BAM! There was my food.

cottrellbentley
cottrellbentley

Devine! You can order anything!

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2011

How frequently can a vegan order ANYTHING off of a menu? Not often! In steps the amazing Lovin' Spoonfuls menu. They are open 7 days a week and have a breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. We live (relatively) close and have had nearly everything on their menu. I have my favorites: tofu scramble, "chicken" golden nuggets, stroganoff... Their ranch is the best and the service is great. We have all our birthday cakes made here and they not only taste delicious, but they are decorated extremely fancy.

Check out their daily specials. They, obviously, change daily, but they are great.

My whole family loves Lovin' Spoonfuls and we know it's a sure-win for all friends we take there!

Pros: extensive menu, 3 meals, plus dessert menu, friendly
Cons: don't deliver, they aren't a chain--YET!
nspanee
nspanee

not sure

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2011

we only had appetizers there. fries, battered mushrooms and chickenless nuggets. all of these three are made by frying which is obvious but bad thing was the fries were not crispy and the other two on the very oily side. the shake though was very delicious. would have tried something else but didnt work out timewise.
service was friendly but the restaurant in the inside is decorated with very dark furniture which brings a somewhat uncomfortable atmosphere in my opinion.

cjb225
cjb225

Simply the best

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2011

I visit Tucson once, sometimes twice, a year and Lovin' Spoonfuls is high on my list of priorities. The food is outstanding! Highly recommend the nut loaf and "chik'n nuggets." Great place to grab a healthy burger, fries and shake OR a full dinner. The restaurant is family-friendly, and looks like your typical neighborhood eatery. The desserts are fantastic! Make sure you try their carrot cake if it is part of their selection.

Pros: food preparation, variety, desserts
jlo5616
jlo5616

Excellent!

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2011

My boyfriend and I stopped at Lovin' Spoonfuls the minute we got into Tucson. Our excitement was well-placed after seeing the menu and the dessert case! We went a little crazy and ordered the spring roll appetizer, tempura "shrimp" appetizer, a peanut butter cup shake, a "bacon cheeseburger" and the daily special "chicken" bbq sandwich. The spring rolls were the same kind we buy in the freezer case at the grocery store, just deep fried so nothing too special really. The tempura "shrimp" was closer to fried shrimp, the batter almost tasted like hush puppies to me, and they were pretty good. Both sandwiches were EXCELLENT, as was the peanut butter cup shake. The burger had daiya cheese and lots of fake bacon, and the bbq sandwich had their homemade bbq sauce which was great. We got the apple pie, chocolate raspberry cake, and a chocolate chip cookie to go... later we were in HEAVEN. They were the best vegan desserts we've ever had, and we've had some darn good ones before! It would be well worth the 2 hour drive for us to go back just for lunch or dinner, everything was amazing. It could rival Phoenix's Green Restaurant! The only downside is we spent almost $60 on lunch... still worth it though :-)

Pros: Great menu, Amazing desserts, Daily specials
Cons: A little pricey, Needs longer Sunday hours
nsweeney
nsweeney

Fantastic

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2011

Husband and I went for brunch on Sunday when we went to Tucson to visit family. Both of us had breakfast options, he got the southwest scramble burrito, I had the italian scramble. I will have to try the pancakes next time as they look wonderful. Love that they are vegan so we can order anything. Very friendly staff, food tasted wonderful and they have quite the selection. We ordered an appetizer and a dessert as well and liked that you order at the counter and they brought out the food in the right order, not just all at once. We liked the decor, it is very nice and like a "normal" restaurant. Veggie restaurants don't seem to have the budget of the bigger ones and unfortunately seem to show it in their decor, not this one. Pricing seemed reasonable to us.

Pros: Yummy Vegan, Clean, Friendly staff
linaE
linaE

super yummy

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2011

Our 7yr old even loves this place. The chickenless nuggets that Peggy makes here are "The BEST ever mom!" she declares to me. They're made from Gardein so I'm in complete agreement with her. It also helps that she can get a soy milkshake here and no one bats an eye. Peggy, the owner, takes orders and wanders the restaurant while folks are eating. Everytime we visit, our daughter gives her a big hug for having a restaurant where she can even have desert without getting sick (her words).

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuising , friendly staff
Cons: a little expensive, but worth the money, small dining space
clairems
clairems

great find

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

I was passing through Tucson and went a little out of my way to get here, but after eating there I concluded that I would go A LOT out of my way to get to this place.

I had the Fiesta Scramble: tofu, soy chorizo (which I was leery of at first but it was delicious), soy cheese & green chiles, served with guacamole, non-dairy sour cream, a side of home fries and toast.

I can't claim to be the final word on tofu scrambles, since this was my first one, but I have a strong feeling that after this one I'll be disappointed with every scramble from now on! It had a perfect balance of spiciness, and had really great texture. It was nothing short of magical. Paired it with an spiced iced tea (their own blend) recommended by the owner and it was a home run.

Awesome food, friendly atmosphere and with a 100% vegan menu, you can't find a place with a wider variety of choices in the area. Definitely worth a stop!

Pros: clean restaurant, super friendly & helpful staff, amazing scrambles
Cons: styrofoam to-go cups :(, couldn't fit the whole menu in my mouth
Butterscotchhair
Butterscotchhair

Wonderful!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2010

We were on vacation in Tucson and found this restaurant by searching Happy Cow. I was extremely impressed by the quality of the food and the service we received here. The staff was genuinely friendly and polite and the food was amazing. I went for breakfast with my husband who occasionally eats meat and even he can't wait to go back. I had the Fiesta scramble and he had the Strawberry French toast. Best vegan scramble I've had yet. Cute and comfortable cafe setting.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Generous portions
carrotgirl
carrotgirl

It's okay

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2010

This is a place I go when I'm lazy to cook, It's okay nothing special it's like denny's but vegan the prices are high. When you get a burger their no fries on the side. I use to love french toast I finally went their for their breakfast very disappointed. Very high priced, but really other then that this place is good food. This place is also very quiet, not kid friendly.

Pros: friendly staff, healthly food
Cons: not kid friendly , high priced
AlphaBravo
AlphaBravo

My Favorite Place to Go!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2010

I have been vegan now for a little over a month. Being someone who ate out quite a bit I was completely saddened when my new choice life style meant if I wanted to eat, I'd be eating at home. However, I was thrilled when I started searching for places that would cater to my diet and found Lovin' Spoonfuls! Online I discovered that the menu was 100% vegan. That fact is what got me in the door. I've gone back several times because the food is delicious, staff is friendly and the atmosphere is welcoming!
I do agree that the cost seems a bit high, normally my husband and I spend 30 dollars a meal but the quality of the menu makes it totally worth it! I go there knowing that I have total freedom and can eat anything that sounds good to me! Plus, have you seen the desserts? They're delicious and worth every penny, not to mention saving a little belly room.

The owner is often there and is always friendly! As well is her staff. There are also several pieces of information on Vegan nutrition, animal rights and local happenings to browse through.

I'll be going back again and again!

Pros: 100% Vegan!, Delicious, High Quality
Cons: A little expensive, Sometimes hard to find a seat., Only open until 3 on Sunday's.
mena
mena

I lovelovelove lovin spoonfuls

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2010

After I became Vegan almost two years ago this was the first resturaunt I had eaten at in months. The staff here is wonderful and has been nothing but amazing.

The food is great! It does have a lot of 'diner' type food, but there are also italian, middle eastren and asian dishes. The lunch menu is my fave!

I recomend everything on the menu, if you are a recovering seafood adict like me then get the Tuna Melt and the Tempura Shrimp. I love and have gotten good responses from my family and friends with the: the Club Sandiwch, Classic Burger, Happy Turkey, Fries, Lasagna, Suffed Pasta Magnifica, Country Fried Chicken Platter, Pancakes, Breakfast Burrito, and ALL of the desserts! I'm sure I'm forgetting a few on there, they have a pretty extensive menu I think.

My omni family and freinds eat here with me often and they love it to!

Oh yeah, and two words; BROWNIE SPECIAL omg

Pros: yum, yum , BROWNIE SPECIAL
Cons: Nothing , Nada, murders all other vegan restruaunts haha
  • mena mena

I am sorry to say that this place has really lost its charm for me, I stopped going after getting sick each time I ate there, my husband also didn't feel great after eating there. We recently gave it another shot, because the food is so good, we figured it would be worth the tummy ache, we didn't get sick this time, but now the food was tasteless and grainy. I am so sad guys, you don't even know! Maybe I was spoiled by Green and some of the vegan LA places I've been to now. I honestly don't know what changed :(

I would still recommend this place, but only to show off the tempura shrimp, which are still amazing!

christopher byron
christopher byron

...just ok

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2010

Lovin spoonfuls was just ok. There's nothing incredibly special about the food they serve. I talked to one of the owners when i was there and she was incredibly rude to me. I already ordered my food and if i hadnt i wouldve left. I went again for breakfast (only because i was in town and there's no other veg restaurants in tucson open that early) and the waitress was very friendly and nice.

the food isnt the best... but if you're in tucson and you're vegan, i guess you dont have many options

Pros: ...its a veg restaurant, quick service, healthy portions
Cons: rude service, overpriced
  • Moll Moll

I completely agree with you. Peggy is incredibly rude. This may just be her personality rubbing off the wrong way, and it is obvious she is very socially awkward. The waitresses are incredibly sweet, however, and almost make up for the offenses at the register.

jaysenpluto
jaysenpluto

great place!

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2009

Peggy was so nice to me! I mentioned that I was looking for Gluten-Free options as well as vegan and she gave me a separate GF menu with everything already outlined for me, including wonderful vegan GF breads! I have the Porta Pita, very good!

Pros: large menu, fresh, Gluten-free options
Cons: no kombucha!
vegoutbabe
vegoutbabe

yummmy!!!!!!!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2009

I went here two years ago, it was easy to find and had great service. I ordered the Route 66 burger, it had their homemade veggie burger with veggie cheese and veg bacon with a side fruit colslaw. My dad ordered the chilli and it was so goood!also they had peta stikers and vegetarian starter kits and info on a veg lifestyle.Get dessert too!it was delicious!

Pros: yum, yum, friendly
Kiran
Kiran

The Gold Standard

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2009

An all vegan restaurant with great food and a friendly staff! The smell hits you once you enter the door so its no suprise that most of the tables are already taken. The owner is often there and she is an incredibly kind person (of course, she's vegan!).

Dinner is great and the vegan deserts are so good you'll want more than one (...very tempting).

Word has it they are planning to start franchising Lovin' Spoonfuls so if you're not lucky enough to live in or visit Tucson, there may be one coming to your town soon.

Pros: Food, Deserts, Service
Cons: One one Lovin' Spoonfuls right now., Not closer to my house
Erin A.
Erin A.

Makes me happy to live in Tucson!

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2009

Lovin Spoonfuls is awesome. I think I have tried everything on the menu at this point. I do have to say my favorite things to eat here are the breakfast burritos with scrambled tofu and the desserts! Reading the other reviews I agree it can be a little pricey (I'm a poor grad student) and the food comes out questionably fast, but I don't care because it's just that good. The only thing I don't like is the vegan cheddar cheese they put on the burgers and "tuna" melt. My husband and I have bought vegan cheddar cheese at the store before and didn't like it then so maybe it' just us. The owner and staff are also very friendly, attentive, and upbeat that it just completes the experience. I also like that it looks a little more classy than other vegan restaurants I have been to in the past, despite having to order at the counter.

Pros: delicious, friendly staff, good variety
Cons: on the pricey side, comparatively, vegan cheddar cheese
LBrockington
LBrockington
  • non-vegetarian

Good food, but pricey and rushed, will NOT go back

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2009

Posted on: Saturday, May 23, 2009
Review: My husband and I are not vegetarians, but wanted to try this restaurant after having read about it. I was less then thrilled about having to order at the counter, I prefer to be waited on when I go out to dinner. The place doesn't look like a fast food restaurant, but it sure seems like one. The food came out quickly, too quickly. We were hardly done with the tiny appetizer (mushroom pate) when our dinners arrived. Hubby had a ravioli dish with a basil alfredo sauce...tiny little portion with an even tinier salad. I had the adzuki burger w/ french fries. The ravioli was really good as was the burger, the french fries were just fast food frozen fries. Nothing great. The service so efficient that the servers tried to pick up our plates TWICE before were finished. I guess they wanted us to hurry up and leave even though half the place was empty.
We spent $30, including two sodas. I never mind spending $$ eating out, but I'd rather be waited on or at the very least not be rushed out the door. Will NOT go back to this restaurant, even though the food was very good.(The sesame dijon salad dressing was EXCELLENT, too bad the salad was only about a 1/3 cup of greens.)

Pros: Really good food
Cons: Felt VERY rushed to finsih and leave., Too expensive for what you get.
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Not cheap - but worth it.

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2009

Terrific vegan menu. Unbelievably delicious deserts.

jb012
jb012

I'll be back

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

I really liked the place. Sparse crowd but it was a Monday night in November! I ordered the Green Chili Polenta and it was scrumptious! With the accompanying side salad and the veggies, I'm glad I didn't order a starter! I just had to try the pumpkin pie. (I usually make some around Halloween but I was in the US instead.) It was runnier than mine (I'm used to an egg custard-type feel) but it was nicely spiced. I wish I'd tried the pumpkin pie cheesecake - it looked wonderful. Unlike others, I liked the counter service and the staff were really friendly. On my next trip to Tucson, I'll definitely return!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
sweetszlove
sweetszlove

Everyone satisfied

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2008

I was really happy with everything. The spring rolls were really good but a little greasy. I got the pasta primavera and it was really good. The garlic bread was pretty dry but the salad and dressing was so good. The best part....the chocolate cake. The best I've ever had, better than my own. I want to go back for everyday that I'm here, which unfortunately isn't very long.

Pros: spacious, booths and tables, good parking
Cons: busy street, counter ordering
xlibrarygeekx
xlibrarygeekx

so disappointed

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2008

After reading the reviews on this site, I couldn't wait to check out this resaurant. I ordered the falafal sandwich. The potato salad that came with it was delicious. Unfortunately, the falafal itself was dry and tasteless. One of my dining companions shared this sentiment. And, you only get two falafal "pucks." Admittedly, if I had more time in Tucson, I would have given this place another chance. Their dessert menu looks especially tasty.

Lettuce Muncher
Lettuce Muncher

Love This Place

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2008

I was down in Tucson for a week and a half for work, and was afraid there would be nothing to eat. I was SO WRONG! This place is awesome. I had the Pasta Primevera, and so did a carnivore friend, and we both loved it. Yummy. I also had fries and spring rolls, which were good, and provided plenty of leftovers.

The next time I had a "bacon cheeseburger" which was very tasty, and not too meat-like (I am not a big pseudo-meat fan). My friend, this time more of a carnivore than the last, had the chili and cornbread and raved about it! I also had a awesome slice of cake. I wanted to try a milkshake but I was just too full.

If you are in the area, you gotta try this place!

Pros: Friendly, All Vegan, Clean Bathrooms
Cons: Too far from Washington State
Roethke
Roethke

Fast Food Vegan

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2008

I went with a friend after reading so many positive reviews here on HappyCow, but we found the food disappointing at best. Most of the food was clearly prefrozen, and the quality overall was poor. Maybe vegans need crappy diner food, too, but this vegan does not.

Pros: cheap, all vegan
Cons: poor quality

YUM

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2008

Loved our dinner experience at Lovin' Spoonfuls. We found it on Happy Cow, thanks for the link. People are really nice and the food arrived at the table in good speed.

peace, vegan family of 5

Pros: tasty, many options, reasonable
Cons: far from our home in Vermont
vegrebecca
vegrebecca

Loved It!! Excellent Vegan food delicious tasting!

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2008

My meat loving boyfriend order a burger next door and when I got my route 66 burger, he loved it and did not want his meat burger that he ordered from the other restaraunt. Route 66 is so tasty! There breakfast is good as well. We were very impressed. The place was clean and relaxing. I highly recommend this place to Veg. and non veg. food lovers. They even have a portable vegetarian hot dog stand that they take to the park and e.t.c. sure wished there was a lovin' spoonfuls in California. The only thing I would say for improvment is to eliminate processed sugar from there whip cream.

lynvan
lynvan

Very Nice!

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2007

This place is a little corner quaint place to get a great meal! We thoroughly enjoyed the food and it was very relaxing. Nice staff, try the old country lasagna...very good.

Pros: healthy choices, very good, quiet

Super delicious vegan good

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2007

Lovin' Spoonfuls turned out to be much better than imagined. The veggie burgers were fantastic and everything else was outstanding also. Please go here for wonderful, well-priced vegan food when in Tucson. Best veggie burger and fries that I ever had anywhere!!

Pros: taste, choice, price
Cons: none
maynard7
maynard7

Nice food, nice atmosphere

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2007

I went here a couple of times when on vacation in Tucson. For lunch I had the falafel sandwich, and dinner I had Buddah's Delight. Both were really delicious and I recommend this restaurant for at least one meal while in Tucson.

Pros: Tasty food
Cons: Priced average to high
BrienneAmber
BrienneAmber

Wonderful Food - All Vegan

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2006

Great food, friendly service, and a nice environment. Everything is vegan, and tasty. I recommend: tofu-scramble, salad, mock-tuna salad sandwiche, chocolate moose cake, and their Thanksgiving dinner. They won best veg restaurant 2006 from VegNews. They also have lots of vegetarian for your non-veg friends.

Pros: All Vegan, Very Tastey, Nice Environment
Cons: They aren't a chain

Dear Owner and Manager of Lovin' Spoonfuls: