Lovey's Natural Foods and Cafe

Market and veggie friendly cafe (not all veg). Stocks organic produce, deli food, vitamins, supplements, hair and skin care products, bulk, grocery, hot and cold food bar, and more. more-less

First Review by gardener62
andrewwallace
andrewwallace

• non-vegetarian

Do not go here, turn around and run away

1 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

my pregnant daughter went into the store just to get some cookies and the customer service that she received made me so mad I had to come on here and post a review. They treated her horribly, was rude to her, and the employees must either one hate the owner to the point where they want to destroy their store or 2 the owners treat the employees so bad that they just hate their job and stuck at a horrible min wage dead end facility. I feel bad for my daughter she was so distraught she wanted to call the news station, so I took it upon myself to write this review and let the owner know that their store is horrible, their employees are horrible and they must learn to organize their store and please make sure that your food is fresh and not days old, your food bar looks displeasing. NEVER GO HERE PEOPLE NEVER

Pros: none
Cons: customer service, old food, disorganize store
Gwenny
Gwenny

Juice Bar

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2011

Delicious, fast, fresh vegetable juice available in a "build your own juice" type format. I had my sister in law who's never had a fresh veggie juice try some and she's a convert now! The only bad thing I can say is that I wish they opened earlier!

jamesintheworld
jamesintheworld

• raw

Lovey's is very serviceable

3 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2011

I visited the store twice for some goods. It is mostly packaged goods and supplements, not really a full on Market. Wide selection, but no focus on local goods. I get the feeling that may take more time than they want to put to it. The cafe is big and has a decent salad bar with some hot items, but is a bit unattended too. Staff seemed nice but really acted only as employees which I guess they are. Get the feeling that management could give them more ownership which might encourage them to take more interest in customers. Buy into their savings card to be a member to save 10%!

Pros: Lots of supplements, big salad bar, lots of seating
Cons: nonchalant staff, few local goods, placeless shopping center location
Miss_C
Miss_C

Great!

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2010

We were staying out at Topsail and as vegans, knew the beach wasn't going to offer a whole lot of dining choices for us. Lovey's was a bit farther out from the island than we thought (about a half hour) but it was worth the drive. The grocery section was good but the hot/salad bar was great! More cheese than I would have liked, but still a ton of vegan options that were for the most part excellent. We had lunch and then packed a couple more to-go boxes to take back to our mini-fridge for dinner!

Pros: Vegan options, Salad/hot bar
Cons: Distance from the beach, Staff a little disinterested
ssavia
ssavia

My favorite place to eat in Wilmington

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2009

Whenever we travel, I can't wait to get to Wilmington to eat at Lovey's. They have an OUTSTANDING foods bar which includes some GREAT raw and vegan/vegetarian entrees. Always creative, fresh, tasty, and delicious. Lovey's also has a complete health food store and they make fresh juices and smoothies. I LOVE LOVEY'S!

Pros: Healthy Cuisine, Good Value, Diverse Entrees
gardener62
gardener62

Eat, Relax, Shop

4 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2009

Lovey's is a great place to eat really healthy food at a reasonable price and relax before you shop for great items you can't find in regular food stores.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi gardener62, I found your review helpful. I love it when a health food store has a place you can sit down and eat.

Dear Owner and Manager of Lovey's Natural Foods and Cafe: