A bar sharing concept where the food is prepared in front of you. Has wi-fi, opened Nov 2013. Hosts cooking workshops on weekends. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Raw, Take-out
Str. Lascar Catargiu, Nr.1 (Romana Square)
Bucharest, Romania

philvegan1
philvegan1

Amazing place

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2014

We arrived shortly before closing time, but this was not an issue and we were not rushed. The meal was excellent and reasonably priced. Thank you.

Pros: Great service
renatahelm
renatahelm

one of the best ever.

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2014

Small and tiny but really cozy, nice staff who explain everything in english for us. I had the mushroom pasta and man, that was something. Thousands of flavours making a party in your mouth. A must go!!

Hugh02
Hugh02

Very friendly, and tasty food

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2014

This is a pretty small, but very nice place. Four of us visited LoVegan one evening hoping for an evening meal and arrived just 15 minutes before they were due to close (we hadn't noticed the 8.00pm closing time). We could not have been made to feel more welcome and the friendly staff said they would be quite happy to cook for us even though it would mean staying open late. We ordered our dishes which were each cooked from scratch with fresh ingredients and were all very tasty. As it was getting rather late when we had finished the main course we asked for deserts to take with us, which they happily arranged in little boxes.

Pros: Lovely food, Friendly staff, Great lemonade
Cons: No alcohol

GaryLader
GaryLader

Vegan Awesomeness

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

First off its 100% Vegan, super clean and staff is great. From there it gets better. I've had most things on the menu and the have been great. I try to keep my fat intake low and they always accommodate me. id love to pack this place up and bring back to RVA. Oh yeah homemade kombucha. Have them add fresh ginger its great.

Leah Stolar
Leah Stolar

Love LoVegan!

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2014

Don't give up on finding beautifully prepared fresh plant-based food in Bucharest! LoVegan is well worth the search. It's centrally located and there is signage but it's below ground on the corner below a gallery so don't give up looking. It's well worth the search. The restaurant itself, though tiny, bar service in an open kitchen and two small tables, is very attractive and beautifully designed. The owners speak enough English to translate the menu. The vegetable tart is really beautiful and tasty as are the risotto and spinach noodle dish. And you must have dessert.

veggiepipi
veggiepipi

We loved it!!

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2014

Although it was a little difficult to find at first (it's in the cellar of a museum), we really loved it! The food was delicious! I had a barley pasta with zucchini (I think it was one of the most popular dishes, really worth it) and my friend took raw cauleyflower something with mushrooms. We also took desserts, they were really very good as well. All the food was freshly made there also, we took chia-pudding, which took a little time, because it had to be done for us in the open kitchen.
The service was easily the best in Bucharest and we visited many places. They also spoke very good English.
The room is very small, there are only 2 tables and the bar, where you also can sit. Everything is very nice and clean.

Pros: Very-very good food, Friendly staff, Clean toilets
dschuett
dschuett

we loved it

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

one of the best places we've ever been... very kind staff, nice location, cool concept and very, very, very delicious food... a must eat ;)

veggieriga
veggieriga

The best vegetarian/vegan food in Bucharest

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

I've eaten here several times. My favorite dish is the Kenyan rice dish. The dal was good and came with chutneys which were delicious as well as other important necessary ingredients such as mustard seeds, etc. The raw lunch menu had a smoothie, pear juice, lettuce cups and spinach salad. The lettuce cups were good although the description and photo listed mango, but there was no mango. Also it was something I could have easily made myself. However, it was still good. I would have preferred it be accompanied by sprouts as shown in the photo rather than green lettuce though. It was also a bit much two drinks, and I would have preferred it come with just a smoothie or just a fresh drink. The spinach salad was good but nothing special. I could have easily made it myself, so also that was a bit of a disappointment. For my third time, I tried the Oriental menu which came with pumpkin soup, hummus was substituted for baba ganoush because eggplants weren't fresh, dahl and goji lemonade. The pumpkin soup was ok but nothing special and I would have liked seeds in my pumpkin soup. The hummus was too big of a portion - more for sharing between two or more people than a portion for one person. I would have preferred less hummus and more dal. Nevertheless, the hummus was good and I ate it all. It was a bit difficult to eat with the raw crackers though, because the raw crackers bent a lot which is another reason I would have preferred a smaller portion. The dal again was very good. But I would have preferred if the menu was all Indian food, rather than pumpkin soup, hummus and then dal which I don't especially want to eat in the same meal. Although the dal was very good, I would probably go to an Indian restaurant, if I wanted to eat dal in the future. The goji lemonade was good and really contained goji berries unlike another restaurant in Bucharest...

The toilet is clean, and it is nice to be able to see the kitchen, because at other restaurants, even the usually clear round window in the door to the kitchen is blacked out...

Everyone there is very kind. The raw food seems to be better at other restaurants in Bucharest, but they have recently opened so hopefully they can improve their raw food. After 4PM they will cook a customized dish according to what you would like. The hot menu rotates every two weeks.

Andreea M
Andreea M

Top notch vegan experience

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

After you go to LoVegan you won't want to try anything else in Bucharest. Being very close to Romana Metro station it is extremely easy to get there.The most experienced vegan chefs in Bucharest are working there and their raw-vegan sweets are incredible - the chocolate and tiramisu in particular :) Kombucha tea is also very good. It has a rose flavour so nice and subtle I won't forget easily.

The atmosphere is nice and cozy, you can see the chefs making your meal which is so cool beacause nobody allows you to see how the kitchen looks like :)

You can buy raw crackers for the road which is a great addition to the whole experience.

Pros: great food, perfect location, close to the metro, nice, cozy atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of LoVegan: