Opened July 2013 in the center of Prague. Offers vegan versions of traditional Czech meals (Svíčková with dumplings) as well as world cuisine. Fresh juice bar. Cozy setting, take stairs up. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, International, Czech, Juice bar

Mrchristian83
Mrchristian83

Fantastic!!!

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2014

Really great food, cakes and staff. This is the place to visit if you're in Prague!!! :)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 25, 2014

Pros: food, cakes, staff
ClareBear1234
ClareBear1234

Yum!!!

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

Went with a friend, and both our meals and both our desserts were great. Seriously good!

We ordered the lasagne and the Thai curry for mains and had the dark chocolate and beetroot cake and the fruit dumplings. They were both really lovely! I found the meal size perfect, so we were very full and satisfied when we left, but not too much.

The staff were lovely and seemed happy. Very kind and understanding when we accidentally broke a wine glass.

If I was staying in Prague longer, I'd definitely go back!

Pros: Great food, Lovely location
Johi
Johi

Perfect for traditional Czech dishes

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

We visited in August 2014 and now we keep on recommending this place to everyone who is about to visit Prague. The vegan version of Svickova was soooo tasty, the staff were really kind, the service was fast and the location of LoVeg is the best ever :) They even have some outdoor seating ;) The prices were very reasonable too.
I will definitely visit again when in Prague :)

Pros: Location, price, Food - menu options, Seating

Wonderwoman
Wonderwoman

Delicious Food, Great Location, Lovely Staff

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2014

Everything we've ordered has been delicious, the stuffed mushrooms and the champignon soup were delightful. We went to eat there 3 out of 4 days spent in Prague. Everything is prepared with love, the interior is cozy, warm and beautiful. The staff is outstandingly friendly. On our first visit the food wasn't warm enough for my taste, but tasted awesome nonetheless. Just the portions are a bit small if you are a good eater, but that allows you to have a three course meal without feeling stuffed. Definitely coming back.

Pros: Taste, Location, Staff
Cons: Small Portions
m.hrnciarova
m.hrnciarova

Used to be my fav!!

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2014

I have been to LoVeg 3 times but I decided to stop coming here. Wanna know more? Read my review!

1st visit:
I came here on my bday. All my friends were satisfied and they really liked the dishes. We had Thai Curry, VegBurger, Nasi Goreng (too spicy),"shrimp" salad which is not on the menu anymore... Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, we didn't mind the stairs. Just the portions were small. But still 5*!!

2nd visit:
Because of 5* experience I returned back for a dinner with my partner. We had 1 starter, 1soup, 2 main dishes, 2 desserts, 4 glasses of wine and 1 carafe of water. We paid 1000CZK- 40euro, so compared to other restaurants it was more expensive. But that was alright because LoVeg is definitely a kind of restaurant where you would like to take your partner for a romantic dinner. I must again repeat that the portions are small, so if you really like to leave with full belly, the main meal is not enough!! Unfortunately we weren't satisfied with dessert. Mine was great and fresh but my partner got an old one. Now I understand why the waitress recommended me so much my partner's one- she just wanted to get rid of the old cake...not nice! 4*

3rd visit:
With my partner again, because we decided to celebrate our anniversary here- he ordered the same starter as last time: guacamole pizza, instead of the pizza (as last time) he got his apparently old guacamole on some cracker. But it is maybe ok because they changed the menu...After bringing us our dishes (Nasi Goreng-great+ Svíčková-so so) came waitress and asked us if we can pay so she can close the cashbox (it was few mins before closing time) but assured us that we can sit there as long as we want. So we prepared the money and continued eating. Waitress came for the money after 10 mins when we already finished our meals, so the comedy with fast paying and making us feeling unwanted there was really unnecessary. 3*

4) maybe you should also know that Prague vegan community boycotts this restaurant. Why? As written on many czech forums, LoVeg doesn't pay to cooks and cheat them. This restaurant is pretty new and already had lots of cooks during its existence and many people employed there have the exactly same experience: no contract, no money, only mistreatment and gossip... Being vegan is not only eating vegan food but also not supporting companies who exploit their employes. 1*

5) after using the voucher for 5 course menu (which I have already bought) I'll finish with this restaurant.

Pros: high class atmosphere, tasty dishes- aesthetically served, great location- under Prague Castle
Cons: small portions, expensive, exploiting employes
niki.275
niki.275

Good Food, Great Spot, Average Service, Quite Pricey

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

Went to Lo Veg today and ordered the quesadilla. Of the two waitresses, one was quite rude and abrupt, while the other was very friendly and polite. Its in a great location, especially after a few hours spent wandering The Prague Castle...but of course, this does mean it is quite pricey for Czech standards (about 160-215 for a main). The quesadilla was lovely, made with fresh grilled veggies and served with a light side salad and delicious herby sour cream. My boyfriend ordered a side of rosemary potatoes and the guacamole on Pita bread. The potatoes were delicious, although sadly the guacamole was browning slightly. The setting is beautiful, especially the upstairs room and outdoor rooftop balcony. There is also plenty of variety on the menu (inc some raw and GF dishes), which is always a bonus

Pros: Good Food, Great Location, Beautiful Interior/atmosphere
Cons: Pricey, Average Service
VeggieMon
VeggieMon

Great impression!

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

First impression: LoVeg has a really warm, welcoming ambiance and an outgoing staff.

Second impression, the food: Sadly they were out of the guláš - how does that happen?? But, they still had the Svíčková which is a good second choice. IMO it was a great "impression" on the real thing. My family are Czech and I grew up eating traditional Czech food (before I became veggie obviously), and LoVeg basically nailed it with vegan ingredients. That's gotta be hard to do. Naturally the dumplings didn't hold a candle to my grandmother's, but they were still very good. Overall, I was impressed with the quality of the food.

Pros: Great impression on trad. Czech fare!, Warm ambiance, Very good service
Cons: A little pricey, Out of the guláš - fail.
earthville
earthville

Don't miss the rooftop terrace

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

Returning to Prague, I was excited to revisit LoVeg, having enjoyed it so much on my previous visit (original review below). This time, however, i was a bit disappointed, as the two biggest attractions for me — the spelt crepe and the fresh juices — are no longer available.

Still, LoVeg's rooftop terrace is one of the best spots in town for a meal or dessert and coffee.

Not being very hungry, i went for the beetroot carpaccio (appetizer) this time, which was light and tasty.

My server told me that they're planning to roll out a new menu in October, so perhaps the future of LoVeg will be brighter.

***

Original review from June 25, 2014:

LoVeg is a lovely place to eat, drink, and relax. I went three times during my four-day visit.

There are two veganized traditional Czech options among the mains selections:
* The sirloin is simple but good, with very subtle flavors.
* The goulash is quite plain (the same dish at Maitrea is much more flavorful).
Note that both of the above dishes are almost nothing but starch and sauce, so consider getting a side salad to make the meal more balanced and nutritious.

Other items:
* The quesadilla is tasty, with a pleasant herb dip (though i would've preferred a little spice).
* The spelt crepe is heavenly — my favorite dessert in all of Prague's veg*n restaurants. [UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2014: SADLY NO LONGER AVAILABLE]
* The raw chocolate cheesecake and the carrot cake are pretty good too, though not as special.
* A selection of fresh juices a plus.

Good service, good English, good music, lovely atmosphere. Don't miss the upper-floor dining room with tables, bean-bag chairs and small terrace. There's free wifi, too, in theory, but it was never working properly during any of my three visits. Prices are reasonable: a little higher than the Prague average, but fair for the quality.

Highly recommended (with the caveat that the two Czech main dishes are a little on the plain side).

Enjoy!

Pros: All vegan, good desserts and coffee, great views from the rooftop terrace
Cons: Czech dishes could use more flavor
Pablo 666
Pablo 666

Small, overpriced portions, good food

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2014

I was there with six other people so we ordered a few different meals all of which were really small (although all were so called main dishes) despite the prices were really high for Prague/Czech standards (for instance the burger was 215 CZK while the one at Vegan City costs 65). The amount of Goulash (served in the big plate) was just ridiculous - it looked like a spoonfull of it. None of us left feeling fed and all agreed on never coming back there. I understand you pay for a nice location near Hradcany and cozy setting but we still felt really unsatisfied. And the waitress who, instead of taking the drink orders and let us take our time to choose the food, was standing above our heads till we all decide what we want to eat, wasn't helpful either...

I must admit the food was good though.

Pros: Cozy setting, Nice location, Good food
Cons: Very small portions , High prices, Staff
JustaPack
JustaPack

Love LoVeg

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2014

Wow, so happy I found this place. Incredibly nice staff, awesome owner, delicious food. I ate here twice it was so good. Don't miss out on the Nasi Goreng and the Veggie Burger...it has Tempeh BACON on it. The beer is fantastic too!

Pros: Beautiful Restaurant, Great Atmosphere, Super Friendly Staff, Delicious Food
veggietraveler17
veggietraveler17

good

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

The atmosphere here was wonderful! We ordered the two Czech dishes on the menu - one was the goulash, and I don't recall the name of the other. Do NOT order the goulash - it was very disappointing. But the other Czech dish was absolutely delicious.
The one frustration with the meal was the lack of vegetables, so we ordered a side of roasted veggies, which I can truly say were the most delicious vegetables I have ever had in my life. They were perfect. I would have given it an excellent except for the goulash.

DanielFankhauser
DanielFankhauser

Excellent vegan food and location

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

The vegan food is really excellent and the variety of the menu is great.
If you are in the restaurant you can choose to sit outside on a small galery. Here you have a great view on praha roofs and to the praha castle.

Pros: nice ambient, good food, frindely personal
Hill
Hill

very tasty & nice place

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

not big meals, but not expensive and realy tasty and also a very nice location!

JazzyCow
JazzyCow

FANTASTIC!!!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

Lo Veg is a hidden gem in Prague, and it is a MUST visit if you're in the city!!! I was lucky I saw it passing by on a tour. After climbing 4 flights of stairs, you come into a cozy small cafe-type restaurant, where you're promptly greeted by the extremely friendly staff. They are a bit under-staffed, but the wait was so worth it. The selection was huge, and I had trouble narrowing things down to what I was going to eat! I tried tempeh for the first time here. The portions were very large, but the food was so light (not overly fatty or heavy) that I was able to manage a large quinoa salad, a decent sized main of fried rice with vegetables and tempeh, and a decadent chocolate cake for dessert :) Throw in a vegan melange, and we're in business! Another bonus -- they make fresh-squeezed juice on the spot for you (the only way I'd have juice)!!!

Pros: quaint location and friendly staff, gourmet presentation and taste, tons of selection
Cons: service was a bit slow
Ekosmurf
Ekosmurf

Exciting food and good coffe

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

This place is really nice. I enjoyed vegan version of local food, beer, nice raw cake for dessert and a good cup of Coffee Vienna (with rice cream of course). Recomends!

Pros: Friendly staf, Good coffee, Nice desserts
Marina Czarna
Marina Czarna

Understaffed! Mediocre!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2014

We were looking forward to eating here, the menu and the restaurant itself both seemed very attractive...
During the 40 minute wait for our meals to arrive, we ordered some drinks, a bottled cider, and a draught beer. The cider was taken from the refrigerator, opened, and left on the counter in front of us for nearly ten minutes before it was brought to our table. There is only one beer on the menu, in regular and de-alcoholised versions, and the menu offers no description of the beer other than that it is "Bio"; in lieu of their description, I will provide one: this beer has the colour of copper, and the taste of iron; it's *more* than just a subtlety or an aftertaste, it is the dominant flavor of the beer. You could probably save a few crowns and just suck on a handful of rusty nails with approximately the same end result.
With nothing else to occupy my time, I tried to become accustomed to the taste of the beer while I watched two other tables of two come in and sit at adjacent tables, order and receive their meals, eat, order deserts, have leisurely conversation, pay and leave.
Our food did arrive eventually. It was average at best, and the portions were small. My dish was exceedingly strange, small chunks of seitan cast adrift in a pool of puréed butternut squash which collided head on with exceedingly sweet whipped cream, and a cranberry (?) jam, all served with a bread that was strangely underbaked. My companions dish was about 1/4 cup of green curry (onion, mushroom, tofu) forming a bland moat around a conical turret of basmati.
We were offered a hasty apology, but nothing more, and upon leaving the only taste lingering in our mouths was bitterness; and in my case the "impending tetanus" taste of the beer.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 01, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday August 01, 2014

Pros: at least it's vegan?
Cons: brutally understaffed , tourist hell, limited and un-good beer selection
VeganMike095
VeganMike095

Best vegan deserts Prague!!!

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

I know veganism is traditionally associated with health and all that, but this place takes it to new extremes, making you walk three flights of stairs before arriving at the restaurant (presumably to work up a sizable appetite).
The rooftop views are beautiful, and it has a nice central location, the interior is very cute with a rustic Czech feel to it, and the staff speak excellent English.

To the important stuff now - the food, and unfortunately we were let down here, the menu didn't have a wow factor, and the food tasted a bit generic. The Czech goulash left a lot to be desired, and the Burgers were OK, but again nothing special.

They did offer organic vegan friendly beer though which was nice.

However the big redeeming factor the deserts!! Maybe its just me, having a sweet tooth, but the deserts were excellent! Full of flavor and more than enough to satisfy anyone's sweet cravings. The pancake was probably the best I have ever tried, and that's high praise! Both the carrot cake and the raw cheesecake were fantastic as well.
(It might sound like I ordered everything off the menu, but there were three of us!! Honest!)

Pros: Cute location, Deserts
Cons: waiting time
minrathous
minrathous

Great place

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

Overall, I really liked this place. The first time I was here I had the "sirloin and dumplings", but I wasn't too impressed - not bad, but a bit boring. The second time was fantastic, through - the 'shrimp' salad was delish, as was the crepe dessert. Definitely worth checking out.

Pros: all vegan, friendly
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

In love with it

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

This is THE place to try traditional czech food made vegan.
Some of the dishes are very different from what I am used to (I'm brazillian), but it was quite an experience.
The desserts are also great. I'd love to come back some day.

maible
maible

Cool atmosphere and delicious food

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2014

We've been there during our last trip to Prague and I just love the food and the style of the restaurant. We were lucky to get a seat for two so reservation might be good. A bit of a strange entrance at first sight, with all the stairs but it causes quite an unique atmosphere :)

Horse_sas
Horse_sas

Best Vegan Restaurant in Prague!

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

We ate at LoVeg on four occasions during our three-day visit in Prague in May 2014. The restaurant was fabulous - convenient location, excellent staff, quality food, fantastic atmosphere, etc. The tofu burgers were TDF (to-die-for) - my husband had this choice three times. I also had the burger, but also tried the Thai green curry (very good), the 'big' salad w/ grilled tempeh(yum), and the much-praised 'steak' w/ dumplings (meh - edible, but not impressive). I would have loved to have tried everything on the menu, but there simply wasn't time. Portions were good, except on the steak and dumplings - I was still hungry afterwards. Desserts were only ok, with the spelt pancakes w/ fruit as our favourite. The homemade lemonades and organic beer were also nice. We sampled three other vegan restaurants during our stay, but LoVeg was the best, without a doubt.

Pros: All vegan, Quality food, Great staff
Willabilly
Willabilly

hands down the best vegan place I have eaten in!

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

Cheap, lovely setting, amazing menu, recommend the vegan versions of local dishes! Wine was excellent, ate twice in a three night stay, would have been three times if we found it on the first night!

Cons: none
fahrworld
fahrworld

Fantastic

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2014

That is a treasure in Prague. Nice deco, romantic, very tasty and well-thought food.

We've asked for an entrance of vegan shrimps, main courses Vegan Burger and Penne with creamy sauce and mushrooms. Dessert was a carrot cake which was divine. Excellent food. Final price was about 600 CZK, moderate price but worth it. Would definitely come again!

The only real problem was the wait as the place was full and the waiters were very busy (clearly couldn't handle the demand, waiters and kitchen). Staff is nice and speaks english very well, but couldn't give us attention as the place was crowded.

Pros: Excellent food, Staff speaks english, Nice environment
Cons: Busy, Small portions
aps101
aps101

All Vegan Delight

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Large and varied menu of all vegan choices. They have two traditional Czech dishes that they have veganized so it is a great opportunity to try some local fare. Glad I did just that. The guy at the table next to me snatched up the last piece of chocolate cake, so sadly I didn't get dessert but it looked just as good as the rest of my meal. Generous portions and very friendly staff. Nice two floor restaurant by the castle. Would have happily eaten here multiple times.

Pros: Food, Variety, Service
jon active
jon active

excellent food if its available!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

I went here when hungry and tired and was worried it might be close early like so many eating establishments in Prague! It is situated across the river and up the hill and up three flights of stairs (not accessible for wheelchair users!) but thankfully this lovely space stays open till after 10. I spent some time browsing the menu, impressed by the selection of a few options I have not tried before despite the total number of main meals on offer being about ten. I had trouble deciding between the two most interesting options only to be told they were both unavailable as they had had a busy day! I consider that a pretty bad failing of organisation, there were three hours left for the kitchen to be open. A chef should know that a holiday weekend will be busy.
So I ended up with my third choice which was a very good burger. The prawn salad starter was great, the small salad dish was a good size and very tasty.
I was looking forward to the chocolate cheesecake desert but that too was all gone! I had the other two cakes instead, they were good but not that good (I think I could taste baking powder).
So Loveg is certainly excellent and a nice place to eat, there's even a roof top balcony option when the weather permits. The food - if its available - is great. This is an expensive place but worth it if you want a "nice night out".

Pros: Lovely, exciting food, Pleasant ambiance
Cons: Three flights of stairs to get in!, Realtively expensive, Menu options not always available.
Nadja
Nadja

Prague´s BEST vegan food!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

We stayed in Prague for a weekend and went to LoVeg twice - I guess that says it all :) Incredibly good food, lovely staff, lovely view from upstairs, inexpensive. We had goulash, steak, burgers, soups and pancakes, and even though they used some ingredients I wasn't so sure about at first, everything went REALLY well together. I can't say it often enough: SO GOOD, GO THERE!

Pros: Great, creative food, Quick service, Friendly staff
unwesen
unwesen

Great food. A little slow.

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

loVeg is certainly one of the best placed veggie restaurants in Prague, if you're a tourist. It's located on Nerudova, the most popular route to the famous Prague castle.

If it were not on the fourth floor of an otherwise unassuming building, it'd be impossible to miss. As it is, you have to look out for the sign a little - but that stands out well enough.

The food was great, albeit just short of something I'd rave about. I had their burger, and everyone agreed that was excellent - but I've made similarly tasty burgers at home. That's both praise and criticism rolled into one here; on the one hand, home-made burgers are usually the best. On the other, I expect more than just the convenience of not having to buy ingredients and cook from a restaurant.

Similar things apply to the other main dishes the group I was eating with chose. All the food was absolutely without flaw, but missing a little kick of inspiration.

The starters were another matter, however - all of them were absolutely outstanding. We did not try desserts.

Prices are slightly above Prague standards, but not prohibitively so.

The only thing I disliked about my experience was the wait time for the food to arrive. We were there just after lunch time. The restaurant was fairly full, but not entirely packed. In that situation, we had to spend almost three hours total in the restaurant to have our two course meal.

The upshot is that if you bring plenty of time and expect good food, it's an excellent experience! If you expect a gourmet treatment or a quick lunch, it might not quite live up to your expectations.

Pros: Excellent location, Good food, Decent prices
Cons: Wait time
Fionio
Fionio

Excellent- really made my trip super special

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2014

This restaurant was across the road from my hotel so really handy. It is en route to/from the castle so well worth calling in on your way past. I made the most of its proximity and visited numerous times to sample the many items on the menu. I wasn't disappointed by any of it.

The quality of the food is excellent and the range of items on offer diverse. Anything from light lunches, snacks, vegan junk food to 3 course meals is available and the menu offers traditional Czech as well as international dishes. There is also a large choice of desserts- raw chocolate cheesecake is a must!
I particularly enjoyed the goulash and traditional bread dumplings, the sirloin with root veg sauce (svickova) was also great- so nice to be able to try the traditional foods vegan style! I can also recommend the quesadilla, carpaccio and the tempeh pate
The menu also offers a range of tantalising drinks - homemade lemonade, vegan beer, traditional Czech spirits and Viennese Coffee (my first in more than 20 years!)
Staff are friendly, venue is welcoming and English widely spoken. Prices are inexpensive.

Pros: Excellent food, full vegan menu, good value
Cons: long staircase- not disability friendly
WeatherMonkey
WeatherMonkey

Fantastic!

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

A great atmosphere and really close to our holiday apartment near the Prague Castle steps.
For starters my partner and I tried the vegan shrimp dish and the hummus platter, both were delicious! Light and creamy.
For main courses we had the vegan take on the traditional Czech dumpling dish and an Argentinian curry. Again they were both lovely. Well sized portions and nice and hot when they were served.
They had run out of the vegan chocolate cheesecake, so we were sadly unable to try that. But the deserts we had were both nice.
We both had a gorgeous homemade raspberry and lime lemonade drink. It was quite sweet but delicious and tasted like a non-alcoholic cocktail.
The service was great and all staff were extremely friendly and helpful. And all had good English.
We would definitely eat here again.

Pros: Great food, Large selection of dishes, Friendly and helpful staff
Cons: None!
sauce1173
sauce1173

I loveg this place =)

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2014

This place was great! loved the food and winding staircase to the top. highly recommend.

samlove0134
samlove0134

Great Food and Atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2014

The stairs are well-lit and the atmosphere is cozy, with an almost spiritual air to it. The menu is pretty diverse. They have veggie burgers, sandwiches, tomato pasta, ravioli, desserts, vegan steaks, and a great side of dumplings. The cream pasta was good enough, but the vegan steak was amazing. It came with a yellow sauce and dumplings; I highly recommend it!

Pros: Good food , Good Decor
Chris D
Chris D

loVeg a taste sensation

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

This restaurant is stylish and modern. Candles light the way. Once inside the restaurant friendly, helpful staff are quick to take meal orders. We started with the homemade lemonade (refreshing) and herbal teas. The menu is varied. We ate here four times during our Prague stay and found all the meals delicious, fresh, tasty. The furnishings are very comfortable and the table settings inviting. It is a pleasure to sit in the restaurant. Upstairs has bean bags and tables and chairs.
Eating here is good value and a must do in Prague.

Pros: stylish, good value, delicious food
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Great vegan goulash

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2014

We had lunch here on a recent trip and really enjoyed the food. The waiter recommended some great organic beer. The hummus was tasty, and we were quite happy to be able to have a vegan version of Goulash with Dumplings in Prague. It was as little pricey for Prague, but definitely worth it. The staff were very friendly and spoke English well. The restaurant was quite near Prague Castle, a great location for tourists. I would certainly return on my next visit.

Pros: organic beer, vegan goulash, friendly staff
Cons: price, limited seating
Edinburghvegan
Edinburghvegan

Good Food, Rude Waiter

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

We went here for late lunch, as soon as we walked in the waiter just laughed and "no". He said this was their busiest time, in a mocking tone that suggested we were stupid for even trying to get a table. We thought this might just be a language issue, so we decided to give them another try, especially as the good looked great. We went back about half an hour later and the same waiter reluctantly gave us a table. Whilst we were there at least 3 tables stupid empty the whole time, so I'm not sure why he was protesting that they were too busy... Despite these issues, the fully vegan menu had lots of options, all if which sounded good. I ordered the vegan burger, to which the waiter simply responded "no" he then suggested that I get the quesedilla instead, I would have liked another minute to choose something else, but I felt under pressure from the waiter so just agreed. My boyfriend odered the thai curry - both dishes were very tasty. The kitchen accidentally sent our order out twice, when the waiter realised this he tried to force a couple who had just arrived to take the food. They wanted to look at the menu first, but he was very persistent and told them if they didn't take this food, they would have a long wait for something new. I understand that he didn't want the food to go to waste, but his manner was very unprofessional and the couple obviously felt uncomfortable. We eventually got our dessert of chocolate cheescake, which was very dissapointing, especially compared to the mains. We waited for ages to get our bill, eventually going to the bar to pay. Again, the waiter was rude, and seemed annoyed that we.had done this. Even by Prague standards, the service here was terrible, and would put me off going back, despite the quality if the food.

Pros: Good Mains, Reasonable Prices
Cons: Terrible Service, Dissapointing Chocolate Cake
RaimondSinivee
RaimondSinivee

Fully vegan food in Prague city center

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2013

The place is on higher floor with excellent view on the roof tops. The interior modern and new (it had been opened for few months). Second floor of the restaurant has children area and cozy tool bags. The place has very good dinner atmosphere.
I was there with my family. We had hummus as we usually do. It was mild and not salty as they sometimes could be. My wife liked tomato pasta very much. I had mushrooms pasta and that was very good, too. We also had king salad and that had a lot of dressing and just the way we like it.
Kids had pancakes and they asked for more. The portions was with right size, they just liked it so much. We had chocolate cheesecake and that was perfect ending to our dinner.
They offered organic beer and I like that a lot.
Small nice thing was that they had “what is what” section in the menu explaining some of the food names or terms.
The staff talked English.
They didn’t accepted credit card.

Pros: Tasty vegan food, Excellent house beer, Beautiful view
Amy1274
Amy1274

Excellent

Posted on 11 / 25 / 2013

LoVeg is a fully vegan restaurant with a varied Czech and international menu and welcoming though fairly formal atmosphere (the upstairs is slightly less formal, with bean bags and colouring for children). The menu is written in both Czech and English, and all of the staff with whom we interacted spoke English. There's no need to book, and even on a Sunday lunchtime, the restaurant wasn't crowded.

My favourite thing when eating out is not having to query whether something comes with dairy cheese etc, so this place won out over the many vegetarian restaurants in Prague. I opted for the soup of the day (pea), tortillas with roast veg and vegan cheese, and a raw chocolate cheesecake - all of which were delicious, and the portion sizes were good. My partner was a little disappointed with the goulash though, which consisted of bland chunks of seitan or soy, without veg, but found the pancakes excellent. Altogether, two starters, two mains, two deserts and two (non-alcoholic, alcohol is available) drinks came to less than 20 pounds. In the week, this could be further reduced - there is an offer of soup and a main for 125 CZK (roughly 4 pounds 20).

To the other negatives - service was a little slow in comparison to how busy the restaurant was, though the quality generally made it worth the wait, and there is no wheelchair access - even the lower floor is up a few flights of stairs, and the restaurant is up a hill from the city centre. And payment is by cash only, though we were told this is likely to change soon.

Though I'd probably avoid the meat-style options, this is definitely somewhere I would come again.
Updated from previous review on Monday November 25, 2013

Pros: Menu, Price, Easy to find
Cons: Cash only, No wheelchair access
Bec Mcq
Bec Mcq
  • non-vegetarian

Outstanding vegetarian restaurant in Prague

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

This place does not come up if you search online for Prague veggie restaurants, probably because it is so new. We found it by chance and are so glad we did. The food is exquisite. Wonderfully fresh, imaginative and drawing on many culinary influences, including Asian, South American, Italian and Czech. The bolognese on toast is lipsmackingly good, as was the house salad. The so-called small was huge. I had the goulash which was delicious and my husband had the fabulous nasi goreng. The Bio Regent beer is also excellent. An all round excellent meal and for the equivalent of £20. This deserves to be much better known than it currently is.

Pros: Excellent nosh, Lovely ambience on top floor , Pleasant staff
Salu Kakashi
Salu Kakashi

Good food but cheated by the waiter

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

They cheated us. They announced a cheap menu on the street, but although we asked for it (due to the fact that we were leaving that same night and didn´t have many czesch crowns), they finally charged us with the full 'á la carte' price. We argued and finally decided to pay. It resulted that we couldn´t pay with credit card, but fortunatelly we had euros for paying the bill.
They even told us (although in a polite way) that they were going to call the police.
I absolutely don´t recommend this place to anyone. Be careful if you eat here.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Cheaters, Threat to call the police
lightweaver
lightweaver

A culinary gem!

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Exquisite vegan dining in a charming and classy bohemian atmosphere.
Ended up here for late dinner on Sunday night, with our last 500czk.
Discovered, upon arrival, that they do NOT accept credit cards, so we budgeted our ordering carefully.
We had beet carapaccio as a starter- tops with caramelized walnuts, vegan mozzarella and arugula. They must be making the vegan cheese themselves.. It was light and ever so slightly tangy. A really delightful dish.
My husband and I both had the vegan sirloin with dumplings. My husband wanted the beer goulash with dumplings, but alas, they were out. Sirloin was house-made (I believe it was compressed mushroom stalks, but texture similar to seitan). Sauce was puréed squash/vegetables with delicate flavoring. Dumplings weren't quite what I expected dumplings to be, they were more like round slices of soft, dense bread.. Absolutely delicious! It was topped with a dollop of rice cream and cranberry sauce (also house made). Utterly satisfying and left us feeling cozy all night.
We wanted a little walnut schnapps but again, they were all out, so we ordered herb schnapps, which had a slightly bitter anise flavor.
The atmosphere was warm and inviting with ambient lighting and fantastic music. The waiter spoke English with us and was patient as we took a long time to decide.
An average dish costs between 150-200czk, and is well worth the price for the delectable food, generous portions and beautiful presentation.
The only potential con is that it's on the third floor, up a steeply winding staircase (maybe 60 stairs). We didn't mind the climb.

Pros: Exquisite food, beautiful presentation, Generous portions, Moderately priced, great atmosphere
Cons: Stairs
BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Excellent place with typical Czech food

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

The restaurant is located in Prague old city just near the Castle. You actually can't miss it as there are huge signs saying "vegan restaurant" in the front :-)
The place was designed in a cosy and zen atmosphere, everything is really clean and bright!
The waiter spoke English which was really helpful for us. The menu is composed of a few dishes, some of them typically Czech.
We had some "praws" as a started and it was one of the best dishes I tasted ever!!!
Then we had the traditional Czech goulash, it was the first time I tried it and that was really good (portions are quiet big by the way!).
Then for dessert the waiter brought us a sample of each dessert of the day: carrot cake, chocolat raw cheesecake, cupcakes...yummy!
For 1 starter, 2 main dishes, 2 desserts, 2 beers and 1 bottle of water we paid 28€. That's really cheap indeed for such a quality of food!!!

Pros: Food, Location, Welcome

Dear Owner and Manager of LoVeg:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Prague page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/08/19