Opened in July 2013 in the center of Prague. Offers traditional Czech meals (Svíčková with dumplings) as well as world cuisine. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, International, Czech

First Review by BlisterBlue
WeatherMonkey
WeatherMonkey

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

A great atmosphere and really close to our holiday apartment near the Prague Castle steps.
For starters my partner and I tried the vegan shrimp dish and the hummus platter, both were delicious! Light and creamy.
For main courses we had the vegan take on the traditional Czech dumpling dish and an Argentinian curry. Again they were both lovely. Well sized portions and nice and hot when they were served.
They had run out of the vegan chocolate cheesecake, so we were sadly unable to try that. But the deserts we had were both nice.
We both had a gorgeous homemade raspberry and lime lemonade drink. It was quite sweet but delicious and tasted like a non-alcoholic cocktail.
The service was great and all staff were extremely friendly and helpful. And all had good English.
We would definitely eat here again.

Pros: Great food, Large selection of dishes, Friendly and helpful staff
Cons: None!
samlove0134
samlove0134

Great Food and Atmosphere

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2014

The stairs are well-lit and the atmosphere is cozy, with an almost spiritual air to it. The menu is pretty diverse. They have veggie burgers, sandwiches, tomato pasta, ravioli, desserts, vegan steaks, and a great side of dumplings. The cream pasta was good enough, but the vegan steak was amazing. It came with a yellow sauce and dumplings; I highly recommend it!

Pros: Good food , Good Decor
Chris D
Chris D

loVeg a taste sensation

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

This restaurant is stylish and modern. Candles light the way. Once inside the restaurant friendly, helpful staff are quick to take meal orders. We started with the homemade lemonade (refreshing) and herbal teas. The menu is varied. We ate here four times during our Prague stay and found all the meals delicious, fresh, tasty. The furnishings are very comfortable and the table settings inviting. It is a pleasure to sit in the restaurant. Upstairs has bean bags and tables and chairs.
Eating here is good value and a must do in Prague.

Pros: stylish, good value, delicious food
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Great vegan goulash

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2014

We had lunch here on a recent trip and really enjoyed the food. The waiter recommended some great organic beer. The hummus was tasty, and we were quite happy to be able to have a vegan version of Goulash with Dumplings in Prague. It was as little pricey for Prague, but definitely worth it. The staff were very friendly and spoke English well. The restaurant was quite near Prague Castle, a great location for tourists. I would certainly return on my next visit.

Pros: organic beer, vegan goulash, friendly staff
Cons: price, limited seating
Edinburghvegan
Edinburghvegan

Good Food, Rude Waiter

3 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

We went here for late lunch, as soon as we walked in the waiter just laughed and "no". He said this was their busiest time, in a mocking tone that suggested we were stupid for even trying to get a table. We thought this might just be a language issue, so we decided to give them another try, especially as the good looked great. We went back about half an hour later and the same waiter reluctantly gave us a table. Whilst we were there at least 3 tables stupid empty the whole time, so I'm not sure why he was protesting that they were too busy... Despite these issues, the fully vegan menu had lots of options, all if which sounded good. I ordered the vegan burger, to which the waiter simply responded "no" he then suggested that I get the quesedilla instead, I would have liked another minute to choose something else, but I felt under pressure from the waiter so just agreed. My boyfriend odered the thai curry - both dishes were very tasty. The kitchen accidentally sent our order out twice, when the waiter realised this he tried to force a couple who had just arrived to take the food. They wanted to look at the menu first, but he was very persistent and told them if they didn't take this food, they would have a long wait for something new. I understand that he didn't want the food to go to waste, but his manner was very unprofessional and the couple obviously felt uncomfortable. We eventually got our dessert of chocolate cheescake, which was very dissapointing, especially compared to the mains. We waited for ages to get our bill, eventually going to the bar to pay. Again, the waiter was rude, and seemed annoyed that we.had done this. Even by Prague standards, the service here was terrible, and would put me off going back, despite the quality if the food.

Pros: Good Mains, Reasonable Prices
Cons: Terrible Service, Dissapointing Chocolate Cake
RaimondSinivee
RaimondSinivee

Fully vegan food in Prague city center

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2013

The place is on higher floor with excellent view on the roof tops. The interior modern and new (it had been opened for few months). Second floor of the restaurant has children area and cozy tool bags. The place has very good dinner atmosphere.
I was there with my family. We had hummus as we usually do. It was mild and not salty as they sometimes could be. My wife liked tomato pasta very much. I had mushrooms pasta and that was very good, too. We also had king salad and that had a lot of dressing and just the way we like it.
Kids had pancakes and they asked for more. The portions was with right size, they just liked it so much. We had chocolate cheesecake and that was perfect ending to our dinner.
They offered organic beer and I like that a lot.
Small nice thing was that they had “what is what” section in the menu explaining some of the food names or terms.
The staff talked English.
They didn’t accepted credit card.

Pros: Tasty vegan food, Excellent house beer, Beautiful view
Amy1274
Amy1274

Excellent

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2013

LoVeg is a fully vegan restaurant with a varied Czech and international menu and welcoming though fairly formal atmosphere (the upstairs is slightly less formal, with bean bags and colouring for children). The menu is written in both Czech and English, and all of the staff with whom we interacted spoke English. There's no need to book, and even on a Sunday lunchtime, the restaurant wasn't crowded.

My favourite thing when eating out is not having to query whether something comes with dairy cheese etc, so this place won out over the many vegetarian restaurants in Prague. I opted for the soup of the day (pea), tortillas with roast veg and vegan cheese, and a raw chocolate cheesecake - all of which were delicious, and the portion sizes were good. My partner was a little disappointed with the goulash though, which consisted of bland chunks of seitan or soy, without veg, but found the pancakes excellent. Altogether, two starters, two mains, two deserts and two (non-alcoholic, alcohol is available) drinks came to less than 20 pounds. In the week, this could be further reduced - there is an offer of soup and a main for 125 CZK (roughly 4 pounds 20).

To the other negatives - service was a little slow in comparison to how busy the restaurant was, though the quality generally made it worth the wait, and there is no wheelchair access - even the lower floor is up a few flights of stairs, and the restaurant is up a hill from the city centre. And payment is by cash only, though we were told this is likely to change soon.

Though I'd probably avoid the meat-style options, this is definitely somewhere I would come again.
Updated from previous review on Monday November 25, 2013

Pros: Menu, Price, Easy to find
Cons: Cash only, No wheelchair access
Bec Mcq
Bec Mcq

• non-vegetarian

Outstanding vegetarian restaurant in Prague

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

This place does not come up if you search online for Prague veggie restaurants, probably because it is so new. We found it by chance and are so glad we did. The food is exquisite. Wonderfully fresh, imaginative and drawing on many culinary influences, including Asian, South American, Italian and Czech. The bolognese on toast is lipsmackingly good, as was the house salad. The so-called small was huge. I had the goulash which was delicious and my husband had the fabulous nasi goreng. The Bio Regent beer is also excellent. An all round excellent meal and for the equivalent of £20. This deserves to be much better known than it currently is.

Pros: Excellent nosh, Lovely ambience on top floor , Pleasant staff
Salu Kakashi
Salu Kakashi

Good food but cheated by the waiter

2 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

They cheated us. They announced a cheap menu on the street, but although we asked for it (due to the fact that we were leaving that same night and didn´t have many czesch crowns), they finally charged us with the full 'á la carte' price. We argued and finally decided to pay. It resulted that we couldn´t pay with credit card, but fortunatelly we had euros for paying the bill.
They even told us (although in a polite way) that they were going to call the police.
I absolutely don´t recommend this place to anyone. Be careful if you eat here.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Cheaters, Threat to call the police
lightweaver
lightweaver

A culinary gem!

5 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Exquisite vegan dining in a charming and classy bohemian atmosphere.
Ended up here for late dinner on Sunday night, with our last 500czk.
Discovered, upon arrival, that they do NOT accept credit cards, so we budgeted our ordering carefully.
We had beet carapaccio as a starter- tops with caramelized walnuts, vegan mozzarella and arugula. They must be making the vegan cheese themselves.. It was light and ever so slightly tangy. A really delightful dish.
My husband and I both had the vegan sirloin with dumplings. My husband wanted the beer goulash with dumplings, but alas, they were out. Sirloin was house-made (I believe it was compressed mushroom stalks, but texture similar to seitan). Sauce was puréed squash/vegetables with delicate flavoring. Dumplings weren't quite what I expected dumplings to be, they were more like round slices of soft, dense bread.. Absolutely delicious! It was topped with a dollop of rice cream and cranberry sauce (also house made). Utterly satisfying and left us feeling cozy all night.
We wanted a little walnut schnapps but again, they were all out, so we ordered herb schnapps, which had a slightly bitter anise flavor.
The atmosphere was warm and inviting with ambient lighting and fantastic music. The waiter spoke English with us and was patient as we took a long time to decide.
An average dish costs between 150-200czk, and is well worth the price for the delectable food, generous portions and beautiful presentation.
The only potential con is that it's on the third floor, up a steeply winding staircase (maybe 60 stairs). We didn't mind the climb.

Pros: Exquisite food, beautiful presentation, Generous portions, Moderately priced, great atmosphere
Cons: Stairs
BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Excellent place with typical Czech food

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

The restaurant is located in Prague old city just near the Castle. You actually can't miss it as there are huge signs saying "vegan restaurant" in the front :-)
The place was designed in a cosy and zen atmosphere, everything is really clean and bright!
The waiter spoke English which was really helpful for us. The menu is composed of a few dishes, some of them typically Czech.
We had some "praws" as a started and it was one of the best dishes I tasted ever!!!
Then we had the traditional Czech goulash, it was the first time I tried it and that was really good (portions are quiet big by the way!).
Then for dessert the waiter brought us a sample of each dessert of the day: carrot cake, chocolat raw cheesecake, cupcakes...yummy!
For 1 starter, 2 main dishes, 2 desserts, 2 beers and 1 bottle of water we paid 28€. That's really cheap indeed for such a quality of food!!!

Pros: Food, Location, Welcome

Dear Owner and Manager of loVeg: