Love N Haight Deli

Serves meat, veg options available. Deli featuring 12+ different vegetarian fake meat sandwiches, several vegan sandwiches. Also offering a variety of imported vegan snacks for sale. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by diva
passedout
passedout

You Could Probably Skip it

2 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

I had the "BBQ sandwich" which tasted extremely bland and underwhelming. I was with a large group of people and no one seemed all that thrilled with their sandwiches. No spices or taste really, just very dry presentation. This is not really a place you should go out of your way for.

Cons: bland food
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Cheap sandwiches

3 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2010

Love N Haight was much smaller than I had expected it to be when I got there (not a big deal) - there were probably 4 tables in the sandwich shop. They had several vegan sandwiches with a good amount of fake meat options. I ordered the veggie sandwich (veganized) and didn't think it was anything special. It was good and very cheap, but nothing to travel a great distance for. Next time I will try some of the fake meats.

Seitan_Nic
Seitan_Nic

Cheap Sandwiches in the Lower Haight

3 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2010

I used to eat here all the time when I lived in the neighborhood. The sandwiches are good and they pile on the toppings. One downside would be the people making your sandwich (aside from one girl) have NO idea what a vegan is so be careful.

Pros: Cheap, Hearty, Sandwiches
Cons: Staff not very knowledgeable , Serves meat, Can take a long time when busy.
veganinvegas
veganinvegas

cheap but good

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2009

I had the vegan BBQ sandwich. It was good, but I only got 1 slice of "meat" and the mustard flavor overpowered the taste. Very friendly staff.

Pros: many vegan options, open late, great soy jerky
Cons: small amt of meat in sandwich, too much mustard
sexysadie
sexysadie

best vegan sandwiches in SF

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2008

I've been going to this place for years. They have this mock chicken steak sandwich that is my favorite. I love it so much i've never ordered anything else but I'm sure there other mock meats are delicious too. This place is great late night i've been drinking at one the many bars in the area and also great for lunch. They also have some meats on the menu if your looking for a place to take your meat eating friends.

Pros: convienient, low cost, delicious
Cons: no free water, no bathroom
diva
diva

Favorite lower haight place to eat

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

They know what a vegan is. The sandwiches are amazing. The board it clearly marked so you can tell what is vegan and not vegan. I love this place for to-go food, but not so much to eat in even though they do have places to sit. (no bathroom) They are open really late, I think until 2am, but I am not 100% sure.

Pros: Tasty, Fast, OPEN LATE
Cons: Small

Dear Owner and Manager of Love N Haight Deli: