Loungers - Modelo Lounge

Serves meat, veg options available. Nationwide chain cafe-bar offering a separate vegan menu - ask for it. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, British, English, Non-veg

aveganobsession
aveganobsession

Tapas and more

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2013

Modelo is part of a run of Loungers bar/restaurants in the UK. The decor is quirky. Nice in the evening with candles and nice lighting. They have a separate vegan menu. Also a gluten free menu. I am gf so I flicked back and forth between the two to see what appeared on both. The staff were really nice and helpful. I ordered a pea/fava dip with mint oil, roasted courgettes & sweet potato and basil falafels. All the tapas dishes were nice. Not outstanding but good. They gave me a side of fries as they do not currently have gluten free bread. £8.75. My friend had the risotto but she wasn't very impressed with it. The rice was unflavoured and the roasted veggies to accompany it were just left around the rim of the rice. Despite this, I'd recommend to give it a go. Just don't expect fine dining. My friend and I stayed all night, it is easy to just hang out after the meal and relax.

Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: food could be taken up a notch

Dear Owner and Manager of Loungers - Modelo Lounge: