Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant

Vegetarian Vietnamese cuisine. Most menu items are vegan, with only a few exceptions, such as egg noodle. Find spring rolls, soups, salads, hot pot, stir-fry, banh xeo, banh mi, and a few Chinese dishes. There are also a few to-go items for sale at the counter, such as BBQ mock chicken and tofu with mixed vegetables. The lunch special dishes (11am-3pm daily) are vegan and include a spring roll, a bowl of soup, rice, and a main entree. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Take-out
6575 Park Blvd (66th St)
Pinellas Park, Florida 33781
727-549-1688

Open Mon-Fri 10am-8:30pm, Sat-Sun 9am-9pm, closed Wed.

First Review by JG
Julie R
Julie R

LOVED IT. DELICIOUS!

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

Let the raving begin! I found Lotus using my Happy Cow App and I think it's my new favorite place!

This restaurant is on a major intersection (Park Blvd. and 66 Street/693) in Pinellas Park (in between Clearwater and St. Petersburg). There’s a lot of traffic and congestion in the area. But, once you enter the restaurant, all that noise goes away. It is clean, and friendly and peaceful in there. You are warmly greeted by who I believe was the owner (she was there both days I went).

The first day I ate here, I ate at lunch time. I would highly recommend going at lunch time because you get AWESOME lunch specials at ridiculously low prices ($5.99, and it includes the main course, rice, spring roll and a yummy veg soup – it’s an unbelievable bargain and plenty of food). (See my photo of the lunch menu.)

I got the sweet and sour tofu with white rice. Oh, it was just so delicious. The tofu was breaded and the flavor was amazing. It comes with peppers but I left them out and added carrots instead. They customized the dish to accommodate me and I appreciate that. The veggie soup had a wonderful flavor; it was really, really good. And, the spring roll was wonderful too.

My friend had the tofu curry. It was quite good too and she loved it. Hers also came with the spring roll, soup, and rice (lunch special). We both ate a hearty meal for $12!

We ate here also for dinner the next night (yes, it was THAT good). We both had the same thing again, the sweet and sour tofu. Thing is, at night the prices go up a bit, but it is twice as much food. It comes with the rice, but not the veg soup. We shared a bowl of sweet and sour soup which had celery, okra, and some other good stuff. But, it was a tad spicy for my liking; my friend loved it. We also had a really good pot of green tea. The prices at night range from about $8 to $13. Still, it is an amazing value.

The restaurant is impeccably clean. There is only one server (and, again, I think she might be the owner). She is fantastic – she continually brings out water and tends to your needs; she was really a very kind, pleasant person.

Don’t let the traffic, congestion and not-so-pretty buildings in the area scare you off. It’s a great restaurant and even meat-eaters will come away satisfied. The menu is huge and an entire family can eat there for a reasonable amount of money.

I'll be back when I am in the area again - for sure!

Pros: Cheap, Delicious food, Clean place with good service
Bob Sultan
Bob Sultan

Light, tasty, healthy, and inexpensive

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2014

What a nice place! Pleasant sounds of waterfall while you eat. Light, bright, spacious, clean. Friendly staff. Had the spring rolls with noodles (with lettuce, bean sprouts, cilantro, light sauce). Light, healthy food. Very reasonably priced. Go for it.

Pros: light, tasty, bright, clean, inexpensive
Truly
Truly

What a surprise!

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

In a strip mall off a busy, nondescript road bisecting a heavily Vietnamese neighborhood was the last place I expected to find tasty vegetarian fare. Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant is quite the find!

You would never know you were sitting in a former Pizza Hut based on the food (the layout, on the other hand ... dead giveaway!) In fact, I wish MORE Pizza Huts would convert to selling food like this.

We over-ordered outrageously in order to sample as much as possible between two people. Summer rolls were a standout, dipped in some kind of addictive sauce that I kept licking off my fingers. The rest is just a blur.

This would just be "average ethnic vegetarian" food back home (I am lucky enough to live in NYC, vegan mecca that it is) but in St. Petersburg, Lotus offers a spicy, delicious alternative, served by a lovely staff. In a Pizza Hut. Quite the experience!

Pros: spicy, cheap, friendly
Cons: location, ambiance
TinaBjork
TinaBjork

Love their food!

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

Stumbled upon this place by accident. My husband and I are both vegan. We are so pleased we found it and will definitely be back. Everything g we had was great. The wonton soup is the favorite! Spring rolls, sandwich, tofu curry, fried rice and tri color dessert were all so tasty. And they made the Thai tea vegan!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value , Friendly staff
Cons: Location
wilson
wilson

Summer Rolls

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

This is my favorite resturant. I especially love the summer rolls. And pick them up several times a week.

Pros: good value, good food

enRoute
enRoute

oasis in a wasteland

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

What an amazing find... we experienced super friendly service, had the Hue-style soup, tofu and mushrooms, noodles, spring rolls, all great. As others have mentioned, the location is a bit odd and the decor is sparse, but it's the soul of the place that counts and Lotus has it in spades. Please support these lovely ladies!

Pros: scrumptious, friendly, cheap
Cons: location
goldmoon33
goldmoon33

We will be back

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2013

My meat-eating boyfriend enjoyed the fresh rolls. That says a lot! The spring rolls were decent. I got the braised tofu and mushroom, which was good but a bit salty. He got the vermacelli with mixed vegetables and tofu and ate all he could. The portions are generous. They are having a vegan buffet on Sat., Jan. 26, at 6p. We will definitely be back to try other menu items as what we had was promising.

Pros: good food, large portions
Cons: salty, atmosphere
clunkygirl
clunkygirl

what a surprise!

5 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

We were visiting my in-laws and stopped for a quick lunch at a place they saw driving by one day. It turned out to be Lotus, which we at first thought was Thai, but after seeing the menu, discovered it was Vietnamese. The best way to describe the food is fresh. Everything we had was very flavorful and, while my husband and I are vegan, my in-laws are omnivores and they definitely enjoyed it. I can't remember everyone's dish but mine was cellophane noodles with vegetables and I think my father-in-law's was lo mein, his came with a savory broth as well as a dish of fresh basil & sprouts that I ate. Spring rolls were really flavorful, very different from the ones I'm used to and my husband finished his plate before I noticed what he'd had. It doesn't look like much, we almost turned around, but it was one of the best little hole-in-the-walls I've found in a while. For the food, price, service, and being one of the few veggie places in the area, I would be remiss to give it less than 5 stars.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 24, 2012

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Great prices
Cons: Looks non-descript, No vegan Thai tea, No vegan Viet Coffee
whintyr
whintyr

Delicious Vegetarian Vietnamese Cuisine!

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in Pinellas County. They have a very casual but clean atmosphere in the restaurant and the staff is very friendly. I'm a big fan of Vietnamese cuisine and vegetarian, so it's nice to have a great place to eat right here in St. Petersburg, especially one that focuses on serving healthy food. I've tried a number of their delicious dishes and while all are good, I'm a big fan of their pho, spring rolls, and the roast "chicken". I also love their Jackfruit juice and the lotus salad. Their menu is 100% vegetarian, and many of the items available are actually vegan. They also have a buffet every week which is a great way to try new menu items, especially when they serve the hot pots (those are so tasty). Every time I've been there the service has been friendly and the food has been hot, fresh, and delicious

Pros: fresh, price, friendly staff
Celia White
Celia White

Best Vegan Food around!

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

Looking for a variety of yummy vegan food? Then you must eat here! The food is delicious with lots of vegan choices, and the prices are extremely reasonable. Our waitress was vegan, which is so rare for me to experience, and she explained everything on the menu in detail.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good prices
raywb50
raywb50

• non-vegetarian

A Hidden Gem

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

My Partner and I visited this restaurant 4-5 times before it got taken over by new owners. I was initially apprehensive as I am a meat eater. Well was I surprised the food was absolutely delicious. We had spring rolls which tasted awesome, with a great sauce to accompany them . I had a mixed rice dish which tasted divine, my partner had Chicken curry over a bed of rice the flavours were light delicate good mixture of flavours. The complementary vegetable soup was delicious, all I can say as a person who loves meat, try it you will be amazed I was. The service and friendliness was so pleasing thank you. You made our vacation.

LemmeVeg
LemmeVeg

Hidden treasure - Do not miss

5 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

Who would have thought one of the best Vegetarian restaurants in the state would be right in Pinellas Park. I have eaten everywhere around this nation, but this exceptional little restaurant is the one of the best i've had. I must admit I am partial to authentic Vietnamese food, the kind Lotus serves in abundance. The physical restaurant may not be much to look at, but I know some of the greatest food is served in humble little places like this. I think they are family run (which I love). I've tried nearly half the menu so far and one item is better than the next. I can't wait for winter to try their soups. I wish I could keep them all to myself but we need to spread the word about this Gem. Do yourself a favor and try them out.

Pros: Delicious, Casual, inexpensive
JG
JG

Almost completely vegan; great new place

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2012

This restaurant recently opened in the old China Lantern spot, and it's completely vegetarian, with only a few non-vegan options. The only thing I noticed that wasn't vegan was a dish with egg noodles, and even though the lunch special specifies "egg rolls," they're actually spring rolls. There's a possibility that they use pre-packaged mock meats that may contain whey, but I haven't encountered any yet. The chicken is either gluten-based or bean curd skin/yuba-based, and tofu is the standard protein option in most dishes.

The staff was very helpful when I visited, so I have no doubt that they would be happy to answer questions about individual menu items. Overall, this place is very affordable, very delicious, and almost completely vegan!

Pros: Cheap, Lots of options, Great food
Cons: Some dishes contain egg, Menu doesn't specify vegan vs vegetarian

Dear Owner and Manager of Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant: