CLOSED: Lotus Vegetarian -...

Chinese name 清水荷花食坊(高升桥店), address 武侯区七道堰街3号附5号. Serving vegetarian Chinese cuisine and Chengdu snacks. Food is made from soy, gluten, mushroom, bamboo shoots, and fresh vegetables. Has wi-fi, seats 40. June 2014, reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out
3-4 Qidaoyan Jie (Gaoshengqiao, Wuhou District)
Chengdu, China
028-85060755

Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm

First Review by wanderingvegans
ShirleyMeiLingTee
ShirleyMeiLingTee

Good sichuan style vegetarian cuisine

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

Food served very typical sichuan style minus the meat. Ordered a hot n spicy hotpot, chilli oil dumplings n dandan noodles. All served with spicy chilli. A great way to taste the sichuan cuisin for vegetarians. Do check with staff for portion size as some dishes are very generous.

Pros: very authentic sichuan cuisine
choonseng78
choonseng78

Good Moderate Priced Food

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2012

In Chengdu for 3 days and have tasted 3 restaurants. This is by far my favourite.

As I was there alone, so I only ordered 2 dishes. However, as I had both my lunch and dinner there, so in total, I have ordered 4 dishes.

My lunch was a Egg plant dish that was stirred fried with potatoes and capsicum. This dish was excellent, the dish was tasty and the egg plant was well cooked, soaking in the flavoring and melts in your mouth. The other dish is a Sichuan style mock meat dish. It taste pretty good, however, due to my distaste of certain mock meat, although I like the taste overall, but the experience was not exactly divine. :P

My Dinner was fantastic. Had stir fried vegetables and Spicy abalone mushroom. The stir fried vegetables was a little salty to my liking but was overall tasty. My favourite dish would be the spicy deep fried abalone mushroom. The mushroom was not over-fried, thus was tender and together with the spices and chilli, it tasted great!

The staff was also pretty warm and friendly, although I must say that they can take a while to respond to your request.

Pros: Good Food, Good Value, Friendly staff
Cons: A bit slow in response
letsgetfree
letsgetfree

Good - But Not Vegan

3 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

We ate lunch here. The food was good, not great, but the staff was friendly and they had a menu with English titles and some pictures. There are vegan choices but it is not a vegan restaurant as some of the items have cow's milk cheese.

ampallang
ampallang

hidden treasure in a cultural area

4 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2010

i found my way here with bus 55 from the train station though you can use the metro. It is two stops from the northern bus station at the stop Wenshu temple. about 10 minutes from here.
One of the staff spoke some english and he was very helpful and curious.
I ordered spring rolls, an eggplant dish ad rice. Eggpant dishes in china are always very oily so if you dont like that dont order it! The spring rolls had a meaty flavour, these were interesting and the eggplant was fine I think it was nearly 30 yuan. Not bad. If you want to use the toilet ask for WC. A very beautiful decorated restuarant!

Pros: good fast service, extensive menu
Cons: fancy, so a little more expensive
wanderingvegans
wanderingvegans

Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant

3 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2010

We ate here in April 2010. The sign actually reads 'Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant'- it is another branch of the Lotus by Gao Sheng Bridge. The address on their card reads "2nd floor, No. 31 Bai Uni SI Jie, Wenshu Town".

There was a large selection of dishes, most of which seemed to be Sichuan style (i.e. spicy). The menu had photos and english, although the staff didn't speak much english.

They also had a chocolate cake available for dessert, and free tea.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Lotus Vegetarian - Gaoshengqiao: