CLOSED: Lotus Tea House

Food, teas, and desserts. All items are vegetarian, and many items are vegan and vegan-friendly. PER ITS WEBSITE, LAST DAY FEB 28, 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, International, Take-out
79 Regina St N (Bridgeport)
Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario N2J 3A7
519-880-1638

Open Mon 11am-3pm, Tue-Thur 11am-7pm, Fri-Sat 11am-8pm, closed Sun.

First Review by pheonix
krissimi
krissimi

Lovely place and food!

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

This place is a unique experience with yummy tapa size dishes and teas. The atmosphere is sweet and the service is as well.

Pros: inviting , quiet and peaceful, tasty
SaraNovocin
SaraNovocin

IMO

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2012

This place is amazing! Every dish we ordered was sooo good! I wish I could eat there every single day! My favorite tea there so far is their Black Forest Tea (kind of sweet and berrylicious!)

Pros: friendly staff, vegetarian
Petesternz
Petesternz

Solid option

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2012

Recent visit was very satisfying. Food overall was very good, if not great. Tried five dishes. Soy chicken nuggets were yummy, and my two year old loved them. Szechuan style chicken dish also a winner. Less enthused by vermicelli dish (bland) and potato filled filo triangles. Friendly service throughout. I would definitely go back if in the area.

stephanieclairmont
stephanieclairmont

Our favourite place in Waterloo

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2010

This is our favourite restuarant in Waterloo. The food is always delicious, most dishes have a vegetarian protein source and tons of vegetables, and it's super affordable. Our favourite items are the wonton soup and bean sprout appetizer that comes with the main meals. mmmmmm.... so good!

Pros: Affordable , Delicious, Loads of veggies
Cons: Same menu, No daily specials
WebWench
WebWench

A yummy choice, yet again!

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2009

Just went for dinner tonight with my son and husband. It was our second time visiting, and we should have come back sooner. Their food is quite tasty. I had the schezuan sweet and spicy veggie nuggets with broccoli combo(I think that's what it's called, combo #3). It was very good and I think I would probably get it next time too! I had the iced fruit tea to drink as well as my 4yr old son and we both enjoyed it, and the fruit pieces they put it in! We got the pan fried dumplings as a starter (also yummy) and ended up being really full after finishing dinner. You definitely get enough food! My husband got the eggplant dish (combo #4) and enjoyed his quite a lot. Overall, I'm quite happy with this place. There aren't a lot of options in KW for vegetarian-only dining, and this place is a winner regardless.

The only negative I might say is that because the restaurant is very cozy and intimate (which is nice most of the time) it was a little awkward with my 4yr old. I found I had to tell him to speak quietly constantly when he was simply speaking in a normal level voice. You can definitely listen in to your neighbors conversation, whether you want to or not! Our first visit he stayed at home with grandma, and perhaps next visit he will too.

Pros: cozy atmostphere, great food, parking!
Cons: small menu, too quiet for kids
Guest
Guest

what an unexpected treat!

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

I am vegetarian and have lived in the Kitchener Waterloo area my entire life... but didn't know about this place.. naughty me... what a gem... I'd have to say it is among my FAVOURITE vegetarian restaurants... wonderful food, tea, and GREAT atmosphere.. so peaceful! I'd recommend it most definitely.

Pros: yummy., GREAT food..., Friendly.
Cons: first time... a little, hidden from view..., LOOK hard it's worth it!
pheonix
pheonix

Very nice

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2006

The restaurant is a bit deceiving. It's on a mostly residential street and could be easily missed. At first I wondered if it would be expensive because it's situated in a house and most places designed like that are pricey. Thankfully, that wasn't a concern. They have a fairly small amount of tables but the dining area is large enough. It's very well decorated. I didn't care for the tea my friend ordered but the snacks we got were good. Most items are vegan, in fact I think all are. It's a quiet atmosphere and would be good for a first date. It's close to Laurier too, which is very nice. I will go back but can't see my-self as a regular. -Beaner

Pros: atmosphere, close to university, student prices
Cons: dinner served @ 5

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Lotus Tea House: