Serves meat, veg options available. A hidden gem in Panama City Beach, Florida, with a mostly vegetarian menu in a serene garden setting. Beverages menu features smoothies, fresh juices, teas, tonics, exlirs, and coffee. Food menu features several small plates, breakfast, chips and salsa, falafel and pita, 2 sandwiches, and 2 hot plates. Non-veg items served are chicken and shrimp only. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by epiFURIOUS
andreafbe
andreafbe

An oasis if a land barren of vegan options

4 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2012

I've now had lunch here 3 days in a row while on a trip to Panama City Beach, FL. There is a distinct lack of vegan options here so I am pleased to say this is a nice little spot to stop into for a bite to eat or a juice. The staff is very nice and helpful. I've had their housemade veggie burger (twice) and their curry dish - both were excellent. We've also tried the hummus appetizer as well as the tabouli (made with quinoa)- again, both were very good. I may just eat here again before we leave...

Pros: Good food, Nice staff, Nice garden outside
Pootie Tang
Pootie Tang

heaven in Panama City Beach

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

If you are reading this, you are probably aware of the dearth of places to get fresh, wholesome vegetarian food in PCB. After years of visiting PCB, and settling for any crummy restaurant that may have veg pasta or pizza, I have found the place I have been looking for. This is a true oasis from the so-so seafood places and tourist traps in the area. I have tried the veggie burger, veggie sandwich, hummus, vegan cheese, tzaziki dip, and Good Green smoothie. Everything is tasty, fresh, and house-made! My friend got the house-made chai! I like sitting outside by the tranquil garden and lily pond. There is also a full juice and smoothie bar, and a small organic market. If you are like me, this place will blow your mind and you will visit every time you're in PCB. If you are looking for a fantastic vegetarian-friendly alternative in PCB, this is it.

Pros: setting is peaceful garden, fresh, house-made food, great menu
epiFURIOUS
epiFURIOUS

JOY!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2010

I was not sure if I'd survive Panama City Beach- being the finicky vegan that I am. Lotus Cafe has a great menu- the kale/avocado/ginger salad was filling and delicious. I also had a GREAT glass of fresh vegetable juice. I was able to purchase agave nectar and I hope to go back soon and buy organic produce. The setting is just beautiful and the staff are super friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous.

Pros: vegan stuff, beautiful atmosphere, FRESH JUICE!
Cons: they serve dead animal flesh

Dear Owner and Manager of Lotus Cafe: