Serves meat, veg options available. Open for breakfast and lunch from 8am-3pm every day, and for dinner from 5:30-9pm. Menu is 100% organic, and all condiments, sauces, and baked goods are vegan. Many menu items are gluten-free, and raw diets can be accommodated as well. Previously named Planet Palate. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Raw, American, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by happylisa
jasonlheath
jasonlheath

Nice place

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

They are certainly aware of gluten free and vegan eating, and have a wide range of food and drinks for any time of the day at this nice cafe in Jackson. The only place in town we found that was like this so a real savior.

Pros: Wide range of choices, Open all day, Tasty food
Cons: Moderate-High pricing
johnjet
johnjet

Great selection of tasty, healthy options

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

The family was in Jackson on vacation in August and we were looking for healthy cuisine. This restaurant has a lot of raw, vegan and vegetarian options and it was delicious. It also has fresh made juices. We ate here almost every day and everyone was pleased with the quality and taste of the food. A real find and I would not hesitate recommending it.

Pros: Delicious cuisine, High quality ingredients, Many healthy options to choose
minrathous
minrathous

Vegan in Wyoming

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

Was here in September 2013. I can't tell you how surprised I was to find a restaurant with so many vegan options in Wyoming! As I recall, there were a looot of them, and the condiments (sour cream, etc) were vegan only. I had vegan nachos, which were quite good. The waitress was also friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 13, 2014

Pros: lots of options, nice vibe, friendly staff

teafour2
teafour2

Gorgeous range of vegan food

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

I was extremely pleasantly surprised by the range of vegan foods here, especially considering this isn't a avegan/vegetarian only restaurant. We ate here 5 times in the few days we stayed in Jackson, as the quality of the food was always excellent and the number of different cuisines they offered meant we always had something different to try; healthy bowls, currys, pizza, waffles, thai, asian, mediterranean, puddings and 3 different options for breakfast! Everything is labelled very well and the staff are knowledgeable about the food. It was a tiny bit expensive, but I certainly don't begrudge the amount I spent as I really loved everything I ate.

Pros: huge range of food styles, huge range of vegan food, knowledgeable staff
Cons: a little expensive
EatYourVeggies269
EatYourVeggies269

Love this place!

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

Found this place thanks to happycow.net. We are staying in the area for a week and will be back for sure. Many vegan items to choose from. Wish I had a place like Lotus Cafe in my town.

Pros: Great vegan food selection, Friendly service, Casual atmosphere
VickiCrawford
VickiCrawford

Yay! Lots of vegan options

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

We were tired and hurting for vegan options once we went past the market listed here and it wasn't open. Looked like it was being remodeled or had closed.

Anyway, Red Lotus was good food, good portions, lots of choices, good desserts. We were thrilled. The only bummer was my picky vegan sun won't eat much of anything except vegan hot dogs, vegan spring rolls, or vegan nuggets. The spring rolls weren't on menu until dinner. I understand as I've worked in a kitchen before, but they are very strict on their times w/ lunch foods vs. dinner foods. But great food all around. I would return for sure. Also, almost anything on the menu can be made vegan which is a huge plus!

Pros: Good food, Many vegan choices, Reasonably priced
Cons: Strict times for breakfast, lunch,dinner
Soul2Soul Educare
Soul2Soul Educare

Words cannot describe this awesome place!

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

My family and I are vegetarians, and on a recent road trip, we found it very hard to find veg meals to satisfy our palates. You see we had to go to places which could satisfy my carnivore mother-in-law too. The Lotus Cafe had it all - it was satisfying to my mother-in-law and it definitely more than satisfied our taste buds. Their menu was extensive and everything was presented beautiful and was super delicious! We even bought several of their vegan baked goods to take with us on the road and enjoyed them hours afterwards - couldn't believe they were vegan - they were that good! The service was good, the place was beautifully decorated and the food was delicious! I wish we had one of these where I live - I would definitely frequent this place!

Pros: Lovely place, lovely people, Great food, vast menu, Many vegan/veg options
xandriah
xandriah

A Jackson jem

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

I was at the Lotus Cafe yesterday and was very impressed by the depth of their offerings. Gluten-free pizza crusts with the optional daiya cheeze was my choice (along with kale, eggplant, onion) and although small, the toppings and crust were tasty. I also ordered a strawberry-chocolate smoothie that was delicious.
The Lotus Cafe serves a variety of the omnivore favorites made vegan and vegetarian, including mexican (burritos and tacos) and oriental (kimchi soups, etc.). All sandwiches and pizzas can be ordered on house made gluten-free or whole wheat breads and crusts.
While clearly an establishment catering to the vegan, gluten-free, and vegetarian, the Lotus cafe provides grass-fed meats to omnivores, making it a no-brainer choice for hosting less open minded relatives or friends.
The Lotus Cafe isn't too expensive, either. The pizza and smoothie I ordered were under 20$, together. Not too shabby.
Check out the Lotus Cafe!
(On a side note, the Lotus Cafe offers additional seating in the lounge.)

Pros: Vegan, GF, Price
IBeeJen
IBeeJen

What A Gem!

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

I was thrilled with Lotus Cafe. I came across them by chance while exploring Jackson, Wyoming. I'd first thought to grab breakfast and coffee at a separate location I'd spotted (I don't recall their name...Organic something), but the first place I spotted was closed on Sundays. I brought up Happy Cow on my blackberry and did a search for vegetarian friendly restaurants in town. Up came a small list, including Lotus Cafe which stated it was vegan friendly.

And, boy, are they ever! Nearly their entire breakfast menu was available as a vegan option. They source many local, seasonal and organic ingredients and their creativity shows in their delicious menu options.

It took a bit of consideration, due to their many options, my wanting to try absolutely everything and my habit of procrastinating, but I finally chose "The Custom". The Custom consists of Tofu Scramble, zesty breakfast potatoes, quinoa, steamed kale and a choice of sesame ginger sauce, béarnaise style citrus sauce or salsa & sour cream (I chose the béarnaise).

The tofu scramble was the best I'd ever tried, very close to my own recipe, having that touch of cumin and having been pressed enough to express all that extra liquid. The breakfast potatoes were delicious and made with rosemary and other herbs. The quinoa and kale were perfectly cooked. After so much camp food and 'make-do' food (I'd been camping and travelling for several weeks), I savored the kale, then the quinoa, then the tofu and couldn't finish the potatoes. I felt like I was eating a high-end meal in a bistro setting.

The coffee was outstanding as well (I had four cups!). They had almond milk and agave nectar on hand for me to have it just the way I wanted.

My waitress was friendly, energetic and warm. The atmosphere was cozy while not being cramped. The prices were outstanding for the location and ingredients and talent of the kitchen.

My only complaint is that I only found them the day I was leaving the Tetons. This restaurant has made my MUST VISIT list of places out west....or anywhere else for that matter.

Pros: Excellent Food, Wonderful Staff, Great Prices
Cons: So far from where I live!
nitro68
nitro68

What a Surprise

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2009

I discovered this place before traveling to Jackson from WI by visiting happycow. But, they are now known as Lotus Cafe and offer organic choices as well. I took breakfast "to go" and ate lunch here with my husband. I have been vegan for a few years now and my husband is an omnivore, so it was nice to find a place where both of us could enjoy a delicious meal together. I also bought the Enliven juice and a muffin. It was definately a treat to have this option in Jackson.

Pros: Convenient Location, Friendly Servers, Wide Selection
Cons: Slower Service, Slightly Higher Prices
amanda.k.macleod
amanda.k.macleod

Delicious!

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2008

This is the perfect restaurant for anyone and everyone! It has everything from raw food specials like raw pizza, to buffalo burgers! I especially enjoy it because it is the kind of food that I would prepare for myself, but this way, someone else makes it for me! Totally up to my health standards, go there!

Pros: Variety, Creativity, Atmosphere
Cons: sometimes slow service, a bit pricey
happylisa
happylisa
  • non-vegetarian

Wow did we love our meal here!

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2008

Everything was fresh, prepared with care, and tasted terrific! We enjoyed our dinner there so much, we are heading back for breakfast this morning. From the raw Mango Spring rolls to the tasty buffalo tacos to the whole grain lavender coconut cookies, we just enjoyed every single bite. Go there: you won't be disappointed!

Pros: Tasty!, Healthy!, Nice Servers
Cons: None!

Dear Owner and Manager of Lotus Cafe: