Serves meat, veg options available. Established Sept 2011, this place has a 30s retro sci-fi theme. Menu of traditional American diner fare and fountain treats include some vegan choices like shakes and sundaes, meatball subs, burgers, BLTs, and stuffed peppers. Re-opened in Apr 2013 after brief closure. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by NIBsmf
joyrenee
joyrenee

Loved all the vegan options

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

We were in Baltimore a few weekends ago for a show and visited the Lost City Diner. I was with my mother and sister, who are both meat-eaters. They both seemed to enjoy their meals as well.

Since I was in the mood for something horrible for me, I got a fried vegan chik'n sandwich. They used what seemed to be Gardein patty, but with a delicious crispy breading. I asked for the chipotle horseradish sauce instead of veganaise, which was deliciously spicy and tangy.

I also got a vegan ice cream soda with strawberry seltzer. I wished they had strawberry vegan ice cream but were unfortunately out. The soda was still good.

My only complaint, if I needed to have one, is that there were only two servers there for the whole (albeit tiny restaurant). Initially it was fine because we had an early lunch, but as it got busier the servers really had to hustle. In addition to serving everyone in the restaurant, they had to make the ice cream shakes. They did what they could, but it seemed like they might get swamped and service might slow down.

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Vegan desserts!, Awesome sci-fi theme
Cons: Only two servers for the whole place!!!
kvelistruan
kvelistruan

Lost City Diner - OPEN

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

While in Baltimore over the weekend we were looking for a place for lunch. Searching Happy Cow I found a listing for Lost City Diner which was in the area where we wanted but the listing said it said Closed. I googled it and found it was open again so after calling to confirm we went. What a cool place for the eye-candy decor along - art deco/sci-fi. Some Vegan meals and some that can become Vegan. They also have a great juice/milk shake bar. The Vegan BLT was wonderful but I wished I requested Whole Wheat Bread. Onion Rings are above average. So is the wait staff, friendly and attentive.

Pros: Vegan options, Decor, Freindly Staff
Cons: Would like to see more Vegan meals, They are still working out reopening
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Love it!

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

Food: 10! Both times I went to Lost City Diner I got the vegan meatball sandwich... I got it the second time after loving it so much the first time! I got fries the first time, which were good but nothing out of the ordinary. I got vegan Tuscan bean soup the second time instead of the fries, and the soup was delicious. I was disappointed during my first visit that they had run out of soy ice cream and thus could not make me a vegan milkshake, but the second time there I was able to get one... a tasty strawberry one! The people I went with (both fellow veg*ns and non) all reported liking their food, too. Vegan food is clearly labeled, and there are several choices.

Price: 8. While I find the $8 for the meatball sandwich and fries a great price, some of the other stuff is a bit pricey (e.g. $4.50 for a mini milkshake, $7 for a full size milkshake, and $9 for vegan apple cake).

Atmosphere: 10. I'm a horror/sci-fi geek, so I find the sci-fi decor awesome.

Service: 8. Very very friendly staff, but a bit slow.

Updated from previous review on Sunday October 09, 2011: I have gone back to Lost City Diner a few times since this review, and I LOVE this place! I have now also tried the VLT (fake bacon sandwich), other vegan soups, and vegan milkshakes... all amazing! I still stand by my only complaint being slow service, but I think it's improving.

Pros: Great selection of veg*n food, Decent prices, Quirky and fun decor
Cons: Slow service

Dear Owner and Manager of Lost City Diner: