Los Vegetarianos

Located on the 3rd floor on a busy street in the city center with plenty of seating. Offers a variety of salads, Mexican food, soups, and more with vegan options. A menu of the day costs around 90 pesos. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Delivery
Avenida Francisco I. Madero 56 (Centro Historico Ciudad)
Mexico City, Mexico 06000

Open Mon-Sun 8am-8pm.

First Review by tsmith6
frads
frads

High Hopes, Terrible Food Experience

2 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I had high hopes for this restaurant. It turns out they had no idea what vegan meant. There was not a single vegan option on the menu but I was assured they would gladly omit any cheese, egg or dairy products.

When I received my food I literally bit into a stuffing that consisted of a tablespoon of boiled potato with no flavor. They didn't actually attempt to put something into the food that might replace all the cheese, they just delivered a tasteless dish.

I obviously didn't try anything else or return to this place, though judging by the taste of what I was given, I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the vegetarian options either.

Pros: Central Location
Cons: No Vegan Options, Tasteless Food
Evguy422
Evguy422

Not great for vegans

3 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

Nice place, located very centrally. If you're a vegetarian you're all set. But if you're vegan the options are pretty limited. They'll make the vegetarian food vegan but it's not great.

Pros: Good location, Totally vegetarian, English menu
Cons: Not really vegan, Food a little bland
OrgasmHurtsUs
OrgasmHurtsUs

• non-vegetarian

Conveniently located and a fluoride-free kitchen

3 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2014

I ordered Guacamole and carrot juice for about $50. They use sea salt. Their portions are small but the location is central and the value is okay. Live music. Okay service.

Pros: No fluoridated salt used in kitchen, Central location, Quiet atmosphere
Cons: Small portions, No brown rice, White flour is used in some meals
tsmith6
tsmith6

bland food, mandatory tip

2 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2013

Was surprised to find not many vegan options. I was feeling under the weather when we visited, so I ordered the garlic soup hoping to boost my immune system. It was not very garlicky, but its blandness was fine for my queasy stomach at the time. The waiter was not very friendly, and at the end of our meal we discovered that a mandatory tip had been added to our bill - and we were only a party of three. Overall, not a good experience.

Pros: some vegan options, table by window overlooks street
Cons: few vegan options, disgruntled waitstaff, bland food
  • OrgasmHurtsUs OrgasmHurtsUs

This review is too harsh I think. The place can be great if all you want is a small healthy meal in the middle of the city.

Dear Owner and Manager of Los Vegetarianos: