Serves meat, veg options available. Separate grills for meat and vegan, as well as a full vegan menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by lilmammal
Juliett_Oscar
Juliett_Oscar

Super nice people, but...

2 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

I feel like a heel for placing a mediocre review because the people at this place are so nice, even when I imagine they have to explain frequently that they don't take credit cards. I've had almost all the vegan filling options, and unfortunately, I always tell myself that that's the last time I'll go to Los Gorditos. The salsas are spicy and delicious, but since I think the fillings are bland, I feel like I'm basically just eating salsa. The soyrizo filling tastes over salty to me. This seems like a popular place, and I'm glad that it's here to serve the vegan market. I just can't say that I love the food.

Pros: Vegan menu, Friendly staff
Cons: No credit cards
saveur
saveur

OK Mexican

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

They have a few locations and I went to the one right next to Prasad instead of the one next to Portobello. I enjoyed my meal - first time trying soy curls - and my plate was heaping with food. The refried beans were good and their hot sauces were HOT. They have a fun salsa station to add pickled veggies and sauces. I thought the meal was ok but I wouldn't scope it out again.

Akdouglas
Akdouglas

great food and spicy too!

4 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

If you like lots of options and items ranging from low cal to "bring on the high carbs!" This is the place for you. Great options and good prices. Best homemade hot sauce options in town with one sauce that will knock your socks off!

Pros: hot sauce, meat substitutes, vegan menu
Cons: order at counter, environment is cafeteria like with hard surfaces

Took
Took

A Little Heavy...But Good Nonetheless

3 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2011

My bf and I each got the soyrizo burrito when we went to Los Gorditos. The first few bites were amazing, because we were absolutely starving. About 2/3 of the way through, we started to feel pretty heavy...but it tasted good...so we kept going. Our stomachs didn't feel too great afterward, which is probably our fault mostly. My main issue with this place is they totally messed up our order...time and time again. We were in a hurry to get to the airport and we must have waited over half an hours for BURRITOS. Goodness gracious.

Pros: decent food, large portions, lots of vegan options
Cons: long wait, poor service
lilmammal
lilmammal

Many vegan options

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2011

They have an entire (2-page) vegan menu. Finally a Mexican option that is truly veg! The Soyrizo Enchiladas are terrific, as was the vegan Empanda Relleno plate. All of the classics have been veganized. The portions are large and the items are inexpensive. The dining room wasn't a particularly nice space, but in the summer I imagine the outdoor seating is quite nice.

Pros: vegan, cheap
Cons: cash only, so-so environment

Dear Owner and Manager of Los Gorditos: