Lord of the Fries - Chapel...

Vegetarian fast food for takeaway. Chips with sauce, burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings. Has vegan as well as gluten-free options. Free wi-fi. Several locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Fast food, Kosher, American, Take-out
170 Chapel St
Windsor, Victoria 3181
1300-667-552

Open Mon-Thur 11am-10pm. Fri-Sat: 11am-Late, Sun 11am-9pm.

First Review by ProtonVehiCROSS
jre8995
jre8995

Great burgers

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

Being a sucker for a good burger had to check this out

Spicy Burger was good, but not that spicy and could be better

Parma Burger was deliciousl, on the other hand, full of flavour and pleasantly moist

Pros: Parma Burger
Setcarp
Setcarp

fast food made Veg

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2013

I am amazed by this place. It is a bit expensive ($14 for a combo meal) but it is nice to be able to order any burger on the menu. The burgers are either fake meat, fake chicken, or garden burger style. I ordered the big hotdog Tijuana style. I was really impressed by the roll it was served on. Made the don seem small, but the bread can make or break a burger or dog.

Pros: veg or vegan , lots of options
Cons: overpriced
beer and veg
beer and veg

Sooo Disappointing....

2 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

This was my second visit to LOTF, but first to this branch. The burgers were terrible. I don't know how they could be so different from branch to branch, but they were. The burger felt undercooked, all mooshy inside, and just unpleasant in texture. The staff were defensive and patronizing, completely insincere. Such a stark contrast to my experience in Fitzroy. I gave back 75% of my double burger and received a marginally better single burger. Not sure how that works. Additionally, One of the five onion rings was made out of onion skin, not edible. I am the first person to say I am cheap, but $25 is still a lot to drop on two burgers and one pack of fries. I expect a bit more, and a bit more consistency. VERY disappointed, will not return. Well, at least to this branch. I might allow one of the other branches to wash away this most unpleasant experience.

I would give this a one cow rating, but Happy Cow says all vegetarian restaurants must be given at least two cows. NOT acceptable, Happy Cow!!!

Pros: central location..., seating
Cons: staff, unpleasant burger, inconsistent quality, no toilets?
BROD73
BROD73

Tasty food for on the go

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

Have been going to this place since in opened. The service was fantastic and the food always fresh. 2012 the management changed and the sevice went down hill and the food also sufferd. The staff were unfreindly. If busy playing on mobile phones our talking about stuff you dont want to hear. I stopped going to this store for 6 months. Started back again this year and the service and quality of food has come back.

ProtonVehiCROSS
ProtonVehiCROSS

"It's-so-damn-tasty-but-why-did-eat-it" food

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2011

This is a 100% vegetarian burger shop chain. The food is tasty! I like the vegan Thai sauce on my fries, and I order a wholemeal (wholewheat) bun with the vegan spicy burger. Meat-eaters ought to be totally happy with the hearty flavours of this place. The service here is MUCH slower than the Elizabeth Street location!

It's excellent fare, but I always lament afterwards, "ugh, why did I eat that crap?" It's super-greasy -- go there when you're hungry after a long day walking around, or do something to burn off the calories afterwards! You'll feel like you ate a brick!

Pros: Tasty, 100% vegetarian, Excellent vegan options
Cons: Expensive for what it is, Unhealthy, Slow service at Chapel Street location

Dear Owner and Manager of Lord of the Fries - Chapel Street: