Lord of the Fries - Melbour...

Vegetarian fast food for takeaway. Chips with sauce, burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings. Has vegan as well as gluten-free options. Limited seating. Several locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Kosher
Knox Lane
Melbourne, Victoria
1300-667552
Closed now

Mon-Wed 10:00am-10:00pm, Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by chickodoo
Glenn2go
Glenn2go

Very Impressed!

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

I have been to Lord of the Fries many times before between Melbourne & Sydney but have tried to avoid it since being gluten intolerant. However, they now do gluten free and the staff really know what they are talking about. The first day I went and the guy looked everything up on their chart to make sure it was all gf & the second day I went the girl even mentioned how one burger was completely gluten free & the other may contain traces of gluten. This is very impressive for a fast food joint!

Anyway, the food is just like eating a vegan maccas, so it's no gourmet but it definitely hits the spot!! (make sure you say you want it all vegan, otherwise it will be just veggo)...Fries are delish! I would like it if they had more salad on the burgers.

Pros: Good knowledge of GF , Reasonably priced, Great service
Cons: Not so healthy, Not much salad on burgers
ShelleyWilliams
ShelleyWilliams

You'll feel super naughty

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2014

It's fast food. It's exactly like fast food, too. It's so good you'll want to double-check it's vegan! I felt like - omg this is so good and fast-foodie that I don't think I should finish it - but I'm gonna!!! :D

Pros: Good price, Fast service
Cons: Tricky to find
Jph71
Jph71

cheap and nasty

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2014

Was really looking forward to our meal here. Got the vegan option burgers, which didn't seem much different than an mc'd burgers. The fries were burnt and seemed like they were left overs from the day before. Can't say I will be in a rush to get back here

Pros: cheap
Cons: nasty

blinki
blinki

Convenient (but not always) Fast Food

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

The food is awesome if you are vegan and have the desire to eat fast food burgers. That alone has major novelty value for me. I'm not big on the veggie patty, it's rather mushy and the chicken is rather tasteless. The LOTF patty is very good as are the nuggets. This branch seems to be a bit slower than the others, I've waited over 20mins before (despite being the first order on the board when I arrived) when I thought I'd grab something on my way to get a train. Though now I've gotten over the novelty value I do try to avoid it most of the time as no matter how good quality their oil (and whatever else) it is still junk food.

chickodoo
chickodoo

Junk Food Fix

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

I visited Lord of the Fries for the first time yesterday, after wanting to for awhile after reading about it on here. I went to the one in Melbourne Central.. which I found slightly hard to find (but I'm not from the city so that may be why). It was a small, open fronted eatery with about 4 little tables with stools. I lined up and was served quickly by a slightly unenthusiastic guy. Reading the menu briefly I decided on the mini Big Mark burger with the sampler fries and vegan satay sauce. I chose the Big Mark burger because as first glance it appeared to have the most salads in it. I kicked myself silently after I ordered because I forgot to mention that I wanted the wholemeal bun but figured I was going to be this naughty so why not go the whole way? The food was cooked quite quickly, my name called up and the chef double checking which sauce I wanted to which he squeezed it on the chips out of a large bottle (I was hoping for my own little tub of it to dip). The mini burger lived up to its name in that it was quite mini, but I got a good amount of fries. The fries were amazing, very fresh and crunchy. I couldn't really fault them. The sauce was good too, I'm not a huge sauce fan other than simple tomato or BBQ but the satay made a nice change. The burger was good.. I was wrapt in it simply for the fact that it was 100% vegan (including cheese), but I'm not a huge processed food eater so I'm probably not the best critic. It had the typical take-out massed produced look and taste to it, but hey, its VEGAN! YAHOOO! I'll definitely be going back, making sure to drag my carnivore boyfriend with me to prove that you don't need to be eating dead stuff to get a good junk food fix.

Pros: AMAZING fries, good amount of vegan options, well priced
Cons: Wouldn't mind a salad option

Dear Owner and Manager of Lord of the Fries - Melbourne Central: