Lord of the Fries -...

Vegetarian fast food for takeaway. Chips with sauce, burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings. Has vegan as well as gluten-free options. Limited seating. Several locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Kosher
Knox Lane
Melbourne, Victoria
1300-667552

Open Mon-Wed 10am-10pm, Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 10am-12am, Su 11am-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by chickodoo
chickodoo
chickodoo

Junk Food Fix

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

I visited Lord of the Fries for the first time yesterday, after wanting to for awhile after reading about it on here. I went to the one in Melbourne Central.. which I found slightly hard to find (but I'm not from the city so that may be why). It was a small, open fronted eatery with about 4 little tables with stools. I lined up and was served quickly by a slightly unenthusiastic guy. Reading the menu briefly I decided on the mini Big Mark burger with the sampler fries and vegan satay sauce. I chose the Big Mark burger because as first glance it appeared to have the most salads in it. I kicked myself silently after I ordered because I forgot to mention that I wanted the wholemeal bun but figured I was going to be this naughty so why not go the whole way? The food was cooked quite quickly, my name called up and the chef double checking which sauce I wanted to which he squeezed it on the chips out of a large bottle (I was hoping for my own little tub of it to dip). The mini burger lived up to its name in that it was quite mini, but I got a good amount of fries. The fries were amazing, very fresh and crunchy. I couldn't really fault them. The sauce was good too, I'm not a huge sauce fan other than simple tomato or BBQ but the satay made a nice change. The burger was good.. I was wrapt in it simply for the fact that it was 100% vegan (including cheese), but I'm not a huge processed food eater so I'm probably not the best critic. It had the typical take-out massed produced look and taste to it, but hey, its VEGAN! YAHOOO! I'll definitely be going back, making sure to drag my carnivore boyfriend with me to prove that you don't need to be eating dead stuff to get a good junk food fix.

Pros: AMAZING fries, good amount of vegan options, well priced
Cons: Wouldn't mind a salad option

Dear Owner and Manager of Lord of the Fries - Melbourne Central: