Lord of the Fries -...

Chips with sauce, burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings. Has vegan as well as gluten-free options. Several locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Western, Take-out
Shop 5 Flinders Street Station (opposite Federation Square)
Melbourne, Victoria VIC 3000
1300-667-552

Mon 8:30am-10pm, Tue-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat 9am-3am, Sun 9am-9:30pm.

First Review by ampallang
TransmogriBenno
TransmogriBenno

Junk food heaven

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

I had a parma burger, which was every bit as disgusting as it sounds. Poutine always goes down a treat, too. Thumbs up.

Probably the only thing I dislike about LotF is having to ask about what's vegan. Would it be that hard to mark the items on the menu (as pretty much every other place does)?

Pros: Greasy, Salty, Wholly satisfying
SimoneTracey
SimoneTracey

You Gotta Love the Fries

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

This is my favourite Lord of the Fries as you can grab the food to go, sit over at Federation Square and enjoy the city atmosphere. So many scrumptious sauce options for the fries...and the burgers...well I know for a fact that a lot of people do not even realise they are eating vegetarian/vegan fare and they love the place too :)

eveliene99
eveliene99

Vegan fast food!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

I waited two years to have LOTF again since the first time I had it, so when I was back in Melbourne I binged on all the horrible fried vegan goodness they have. It's great that there's a company out there that serves vegan/vegetarian fast food and which is so good. I recommend this place to everyone.

Pros: Affordable, Great greasy food, Friendly staff
amaranth
amaranth

great burgers

3 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2012

I don't think the fries are very special but everything else is. I love the burgers and nuggets, though nothing is healthy here. Good for fast food. No seats though. Gf options. I wish it was entirely vegan but it is great anyhow.

Cons: no seats , lots of homeless people hanging around , not healthy
hippywoman
hippywoman

LOTF- meets the hype

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

I had first visited LOTF in a visit to Melbourne last year and it was the first place my husband and I went to this time around. I was super-excited to go as we were walking towards it my husband (quite fussy with food) suggested I may have overhyped it. We ordered one chilli popper each, he had the spicy burger, I had the guru burger and a box of nuggets and chips with the salsa sauce. The chilli poppers are amazing, and even my husband was impressed. We also enjoyed our burgers and the fries/nugget box. I did want their chocolate mousse but they had run out :(. I'm not a huge fan of the salsa so next time I'd probably skip it. As a Sydneysider I am very jealous of this Melbourne establishment- can't wait til it opens in Sydney! I would give it 4 1/2 cows.

Pros: tasty, vegetarian fast food!

DanielFerguson
DanielFerguson

5 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2011

An absolute blessing, quick cheap tasty (although unhealthy) food in an awesome location. What more could you ask for.

Pros: Good food, Great location
Aloo
Aloo

Breaky at the Lord's

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

What a delightful treat being able to have a vegan breakie bun for, ahh breaky! They have of course, vegan options, but they also have egg. They even have soy bacon. So particularly if you have recently given up the real deal, this is a great reminder that you don't have to miss out on anything really if you know where to look!

Pros: Tasty, Fresh
Cons: not the healthiest
t-bone123456
t-bone123456

Love it!

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2010

Greatest chips - Best burgers - Amazing onion rings.
Right in the middle of the city - you cant miss it & shouldn't. Great vegan food.

Pros: Tasty, Amazing, McDonalds for vegans
Cons: Seats only inside station
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Amazing fries

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2009

After learning that Australian fries are generally manufactured with tallow, I avoided them during our trip, so by the time we got to Melbourne, I was having a serious fry craving. We went nuts. We ordered a burger each with large servings of fries, one with gravy and vegan cheese (poutine) and the other with Italian. We also got the nuggets with BBQ sauce. The burgers were good, but nothing to write home about, but man, the fries! They were out of this world. They are prepared from scratch with local potatoes (so they can change seasonally too). Even though I eat fries regularly at home in the US, they were really a step above, even plain. The sauces just added to it. And the nuggets! Not like American breaded nuggets. These really looked like nuggets! And super tasty as well. We had an early dinner, so it was rush hour and lots of people were getting food for their train ride home, so there were long lines and the few tables filled up quick, but if you hovered, a spot would open up soon enough.

Pros: unbelievable fries, did I mention the fries?, nuggets
Cons: can get really busy
CarolR
CarolR

mmmm..... yum!

5 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2009

Lovely crispy fries and tasty veggie burgers, I had the spicy one which was delicious. You can get mini burgers which suited me fine for an afternoon snack. Yummy.

Pros: Veggie, Tasty, Yummy
ampallang
ampallang

The other...

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2008

Not open for breakfast but open 10:30am most days.
Tasty like the other lord of fries. Is very good if you are using Flinders Street Station. Beware that on friday and saturday nights they are open late and just before the last trains 12:30am-1:20am they can be very busy.

Pros: Good fast food, gluten free options
Cons: busy location, no breakfast

Dear Owner and Manager of Lord of the Fries - Flinders Street: