Lord of the Fries - Chadstone

Located indoor near JB and AMF bowling. Vegetarian fast food for takeaway. Chips with sauce, burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings. Has vegan as well as gluten-free options. Limited seating. Several locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out
1341 Dandenong Rd (Chadstone Centre)
Chadstone, Victoria

Open Mon 10:30am–8pm, Tue-Wed, Sat-Sun 10:30am–9pm, Thur-Fri 10:30am-10pm.

First Review by AshlynZuideveld
vegan mikal
vegan mikal

Impressive!

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2014

I have tried LOTF food at a few of their branches over the years. At times it was acceptable, on other occasions less so. I had never tried the Chadstone branch, though. I was pleasantly surprised.

The menu has changed over the years, and there are no more desserts available. However, I was stunned to hear that any of the cheese items on the menu could be ordered with vegan cheese for the same price. Great! It's nice to not be ripped off just for trying to save a calf or two (thousand). Anyway, I opted for a Tijuana Hot Dog. This was not a bargain ($7.95), but when I got my hot dog 3 minutes after ordering, I was pleased by the size of the package.

The bun was fresh, the flavours mixed really well; I'm not used to sour cream, even the vegan version, but especially when it is mixed with jalapeno chilli! The sausage was well-flavoured too. All in all, I relished the total experience: vegan, fast food, not too pricey. Best of all, despite this hot dog being my sole lunch food, I was not hungry until late evening! Magic!

I must also applaud the staff I encountered. The guy taking my order was knowledgeable, quick to respond, and genuine. He seemed to know what I wanted and how I could get it. Kudos to LOTF for their training of staff!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 17, 2014

Pros: Nice flavours, Excellent customer service, Reasonable price
AshlynZuideveld
AshlynZuideveld

Bit Sloppy

3 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

We went here on boxing day. It wasnt that busy in store. We orderd a parma burger combo thing. The burger was very sloppy and didnt seem very fresh and the chips were also soggy. Although saying all that it still tasted delicous.

Pros: Greasy Yumness
Cons: Sloppy Burger And Chips, Hardly Anywhere To Sit

Dear Owner and Manager of Lord of the Fries - Chadstone: