Long Life Vegi House

Serves meat, veg options available. Salt Lake City Chinese restaurant with mostly vegan menu. Multiple mock beef, mock chicken and mock pork dishes. Previously 100% vegetarian restaurant, but now serves fish in addition to a vegetarian menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1353 E 3300 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
801-467-1111

Open Mon-Thur 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10pm, Sun 4:30pm-9pm.

First Review by VeganNikki
Navegante
Navegante

A new favorite for my family!

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

Went here with my omni partner and kids. Noticed that they now serve fish (no longer vegetarian only). At first glance at the menu, it appeared to be a lot of meat dishes UNTIL I saw that every "chicken" and "beef" dish they serve is mock-meat! We had the veg-chow-mein, the sesame chicken, and the chicken and broccoli. All the dishes except the mu-shu were vegan, but the server told us they could make that vegan too if we wanted. The food was fantastic! We all loved it. The outside of this restaurant is a bit run-down, but don't let that discourage you. Inside is nice, the family that runs the place is kind, and the food is excellent.

Pros: Excellent food - lots of vegan options!, Nice staff, My omni family loves the food!
Cons: Now serves fish - no longer 100% veg, Run down appearance from outside.
SummerPerkins
SummerPerkins

Cleanliness Problems

2 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

The food was nice and quite affordable, but I was put off by the dirty appearance of the restaurant. I don't think I will visit again.

bspiglejr
bspiglejr

Eggplant!

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

We have been coming to this place for years and really love the eggplant dish. Very friendly staff. When they have their special asparagus or green bean dishes they are good as well.

Pros: Wonderful Eggplant, Inexpensive
Cons: Atmosphere
crabbymamma
crabbymamma

Its ok

3 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2012

Really close to my house which is a plus but their food is really bland and my veggies are always overcooked. Its nothing impressive but its ok.

newveg7
newveg7

Not as good as expected

2 Posted on 02 / 29 / 2012

The place was a little run down however I was there for the food. I asked the server what was good and they had me order the vegetarian Cashew chicken. It was OK , very bland. The brown rice was nice. Not a place I would come back to. I dont like to write bad reviews however this was not a good experience. The people were very nice, so SORRY.. Food was well below expected.

Pros: Inexpensive , Nice people
Cons: Dirty , Poor quality food
Bindu
Bindu

Excellent food and service

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2011

Been eating here for years and although they resently are under new ownership they've remained excellent. Best hot and sour soup in town and great veggie pot stickers, be sure to tell them no egg if that is your desire and they are happy to comply.

Pros: Great service and friendly staff, Wonderful veggie food
minimimi
minimimi

best chinese ever

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2011

easily the best chinese food, vegetarian or otherwise, i have ever had. Classic chinese dishes all vegetarian. Wonderful, sweet owners. The food is out of this world! The ONLY place i eat when I come to slc.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, traditionally delicious
Cons: NONE
VeganNikki
VeganNikki

Really good

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2009

I loved the fake beef, sooo good and super believable. My only thought was the dishes were a bit strange to me. I wanted some fake meat with lots of different veggies but they generally have beef n broccoli, beef and asparagus, things like that.. but they are delicious none the less and way worth the trip and the money!

Pros: Very Tasty, Believable Fake Meats, Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Long Life Vegi House: