CLOSED: Long Life Vege

Serves meat, veg options available. New owners as of April 2011- please confirm if menu is still veg-friendly. Has fish, but menu is mostly vegan and marks which options are veg and non-veg. Friendly owners are vegetarians. Try the tomato soybeef chow mein, rainbow soychicken, and brown rice. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Non-veg
4130 Sandhill Rd Ste A4 (Flamingo/ E of Las Vegas strip)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89110
702-436-4488

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Chia
zacandari
zacandari

Good food, very vegan friendly...

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2011

This is truly a gem in a city that has pretty limited vegan options. I mean, how many places do you know of that does good chinese food, with faux-meat.
The owners seem shy, but are very friendly. We really loved the singapore noodles, and moo-shu chicken. My husband is a meat eater, and he really doesn't miss it when we eat there. I don't really recommend the soups though... The hot & sour was ok, but the egg drop was not so good. All in all, its a vegan must see!

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Service, Good Value
Cons: Atmosphere is not so good, Bad Location
kimberly_83
kimberly_83

excellent food!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2009

I went to Long Life Vege with my bf and his parents. I was a little wary when we walked in since there was only one other party in the restaurant, and I had picked the restaurant, so I wanted it to be VERY good. The service was VERY slow, but we apparently started the Thursday night rush (which they didn't seem to be expecting). I ordered the mango tofu (it might have a different official name) and it was delicious! My bf's parents aren't veg, but his mom said she would definitely go back there, and we are definitely going back there next time we're in Vegas!

Pros: excellent food, good portion size
Cons: slow service
sangiyer
sangiyer

Dependable and Good Food

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2009

This restaurant serves dependable vegetarian fare. (Note that they serve real seafood so be careful when ordering those items). We enjoy the mung bean ball soup which really picks me up when I'm not feeling to good. The Pepper Tofu and Orange Chicken are really good albeit unhealthy as they are both deep fried. Their pan fried gyozas are really good. I'm not a big fan of their pork/beef dishes but their tofu is always good. The owner/chef are really nice people. Except for its location this is a great place to have around!

Pros: cheap, variety, friendly staff
Cons: location, ambience

Guest
Guest

yummy yummy

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

After reading the reviews, I was SO excited for my mongolian beef, but I was slightly let down. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely delicious, but I guess I was expecting it to change my life or something. It was really cheap for a lunch special. It's on the complete other side of town from where I live, so it was quite a journey to get here. I feel that it was worth it.

Pros: healthy, delectable
Cons: far
Zagoofeek
Zagoofeek

I crave this

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2009

The dishes I enjoy in order of favouritism are the Garlic Beef, Hunan Pork, Vegetable Crispy Noodles, and Mongolian Beef. My girlfriend's order of favourites are Hunan Pork, Rainbow Chicken Chunks, and Vegetable Crispy Noodles. She didn't enjoy the beef as much that day, she preferred it the next day after the meal was sitting in the flavours. I didn't care for the Rainbow Chicken Chunks, just because I have never enjoyed poultry or it's substitutes. I haven't had a bad meal from this place yet and I don't expect to. We also both enjoyed the Potsticker and look forward to trying the whole menu one day, well everything that doesn't have meat in it. The staff is very friendly and the food is very fresh. This food tastes delicious the day you buy it and the day after. My non-vegetarian family even enjoyed it.

Pros: Friendly, Reasonable Prices, Fresh & Delicious
Cons: Wish the portions were larger
Veghead74
Veghead74

Simple and tasty

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2008

I always look forward to 'Long Life Vege' whenever I am in Vegas. They have tasty mock meat dishes and soothing soups. The staff are always nice to us. It is a quiet and contemplative atmosphere for a relaxing vegan lunch in a rather stimulating city.

Pros: Tasty, Soothing, Friendly Staff
Cons: Not 100% Vegan
sos
sos

great vegan chinese food

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

This is one of my favorite Chinese food resturants ever. They have a large selection of tasty mock meat dishes. The food isn't always as spicy as I'd like, but still well worth it.

Pros: excellent food, large selection of vegan items
Cons: hard to find location in strip mall
dobracken
dobracken

don't bother

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2008

vegan food seems few & far between in vegas, but after reading reviews for this place - we decided to make the schlep. and wow... what a let down. the mung bean soup was like water and over-cooked veggies, the curry "chicken" had NO curry, and the general tso's "pork" was soggy & bland. the fried bananas were the best dish and ranked as below average. needless to say - very disappointed. i appreciate the attempt, but...

Pros: can't think of any
Cons: can think of many
veganinvegas
veganinvegas

Not quite sure about this...

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2008

Went in last week to try this place. To me, the mock chicken looked and tasted like cut up Yves Tofu Hot Dogs.

Didn't try the other mock meats so can't tell about that.

crutalley
crutalley

Great

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2008

Everytime I am in Vegas this place makes my trip better! I stumbled upon it one trip and the staff and food made my weekend! I like the orange chicken.

Pros: Food , Price, staff
Delmar831
Delmar831

Awesome!

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2007

Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm. What a selection! They had mock meat for chicken, fish, and beef with many styles/sauces available and you can have white or brown rice. The service was great and the food was amazing. This place please a large group of finicky vegans - 'nuff said.

Pros: Vegan, many options, great taste
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Great Vegan-Asian Food!!!

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2007

This place is so good that I'm incredibly sad I don't live in Vegas! I haven't eaten chicken very much in my life, nor do I remember what it tastes like, but I swear the "chicken" dishes were the best I've ever had! My friend said his dish [also chicken] tasted like the real thing! The "chicken" is made out of Seitan [my favorite] and is cooked quite well!

Pros: Seitan Chicken!
veganmia
veganmia

Amazing food, but bad experience

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2007

Every time I visit Vegas I've been excited to go here. I haven't found many restaurants in Vegas with a lot of options for Vegans, but this one definitely does! The menu was huge and the food was incredible. I even brought leftovers to a meat eating friend and he was surprised after tasting it, he thought I brought him real meat! Unfortunately the last time I was there though, I found a cockroach in my food. I was really sad, it ruined a really great restaurant for me. It's so good I was still tempted to go back (but didn't). You have to go through the kitchen to get to the customer restroom, so if you want check out the kitchen cleanliness for yourself to decide if you want to eat there. If not for that one cockroach I'd give this place 5 stars...

Pros: great taste, extensive vegan options
Cons: cleanliness
CrispyOne
CrispyOne

What a great surprise!

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2007

We went to Vegas for vacation and tried this restaurant. It was a great surprise! I had the sweet and sour "pork" with brown rice. It tasted like the real thing---only better since it wasn't actually meat. The woman that waited on us was very friendly. Even my meat-eating spouse and in-laws enjoyed the place (they had seafood but tasted mine and were surprised at how good it was).

It was like an oasis in the smoke-filled desert...though someone might have been smoking in the back or near an air-intake as I could smell some smoke toward the end of our meal.

Pros: Price, Yummy food, Friendly service
Cons: Sorta far from the strip, Could smell some smoke
stef42678
stef42678

Great chinese food

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2007

If you are looking for healthy, cheap and vegetarian chinese food, this is the place to go! All of the food is great for vegetarians and it tastes great. The service is great, (and it does get crowded), but the food is worth the wait. I took some of my non-vegetarian friends there and they loved it just as much as I did.

Vishaka
Vishaka

Best Chinese food in the city

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2006

Not only is there a huge selection of dishes to choose from, but the menu seems to be more authentic than your average Chinese joint. The staff are very nice and helpful, and know what is vegan and not vegan. The environment seemed a little cramped, but the food is most definitely worth it. This is a must for any vegetarians in the Vegas area. Try the Mung Bean Soup, it's awesome.

Pros: Unbeatable taste, friendly/helpful staff, Lots of vegan options
Chia
Chia

Low key but Good Find

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2005

One of the few very vegetarian-friendly places in Vegas area. We were there last year, but I can still remember the friendly hostess and the flavorful dishes.

Pros: affordable, vegan-friendly
Cons: seafood to please non-veg, no decor

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Long Life Vege: