REMOVED: Lola's

Serves meat, veg options available. A hot spot that attracts a mix of fashionistas, designers, skaters, business suits, and hippies. Music, pavement tables, friendly service. Try the raw gluten-free spring rolls, bean burrito, veg lasagna, or build your own sandwich. Reportedly no longer veg-friendly as of Mar 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Thai, International, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by nycdogswimmer
kfletch
kfletch

Lola's should not be on Happy Cow

1 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

Lola's was an institution in Cape Town for vegetarians. Since, like - forever!
Then it changed hands.
Pity the new owners aren't vegetarian. Nor do they particularly care to cater for vegetarians.
Lola's is sort of veg-friendly. At a push. Do NOT go there if you remember how it used to be. You WILL BE disappointed.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 15, 2013

Cons: NOT vegetarian, Used to be a great veggie place
Marxist Vegan
Marxist Vegan

Cool Place

3 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2010

I ate here because of its location on Long Street and not realizing it was a vegetarian restaurant. Many of my friends who are not vegetarian ate here as well because of its location and vibe.

I enjoyed the food that I ordered but the cost was a little much. However, there aren't many vegetarian options in the Western Cape aside from cooking at home.

Pros: Location, Hours
Cons: Price
Stevie
Stevie

Lola's - Cape Town

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2010

Lola's is located on the corner of Long St & Buiten St. I personally prefer Cafe Jo Brown 4 doors up the hill on Buiten St but with its long opening hours Lola's is very handy to have so nearby for when Jo Brown is closed.

One thing to consider watching out for if you're a vegan veggie - I ordered a mango smoothie. Perhaps I should have thought more when I ordered it, but anyway it was served up and I started to wolf away. The taste & texture seemed not to be what I was expecting so I asked what was in it. I was told it was made with yoghurt. I explained to the waiter that I was on a dairy free diet and he very quickly served up a fruit juice for me instead.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly

writeinCURSIVE
writeinCURSIVE

Lolas

4 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2009

This place is very vegan friendly with salads, curry, sandwiches and make your own paninis. I had a panini on whole wheat bread with hummus, avocado, grilled onions, grilled veggies, and garlic. Yum! It's pretty cheap too and I would definitely recommend it.

Merciless666
Merciless666

goog place to hang out...

3 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2008

...but the food is not that spectacular. One of those see-and-bee-seen places which you have in all the trendy cities arround the world. I went there several times, as you don't have too many choices in Cape Town and the food was okay. This place lives from it's location not from their cooking.

Pros: good location, interesting people, friendly staff
Cons: poorly made cappucino
nycdogswimmer
nycdogswimmer

Delicious, fun restaurant

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2007

I ate breakfast here while visiting Cape Town and thought it was splendid. Really great food, fun staff, and fantastic location for people watching. Will definitely be back when I next visit.

Pros: Great food, Fun staff, Excellent location

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Lola's: