Serves meat, veg options available. Serves vegetarian foods. NOTE: Inclusion of meat is not noted on the menu, you have to ask. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Non-veg

Nanchi
Nanchi

They have root beer!

3 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Went there presuming they were all vegan and just ordered a soba set. The dipping sauce tasted a bit fishy but of course that could have been from seaweed as well, I don't know. Tasted okay, but I have to admit I'm not a big fan of cold soba anyway. It's a nice place 'though and right in Tanuki Koji so very convenient. Best thing: They have root beer and it's to too ridiculously priced :D

Pros: Root Beer!
Cons: pretends to be veg*n but isn't , (as mentioned before...)
Natzilla
Natzilla

Really Good

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2014

I think it was pretty obvious that this isn't a vegetarian restaurant!
It was a bit hard to communicate with the waitress because she didn't speak English and I don't speak Japanese. However, I just said 'vegetarian' and she pointed at the options in the menu that I could eat. It was really helpful that the menu has pictures, too.
My food was extremely delicious and fresh, and it even had a tiny dessert to go with it, which I loved. The lady who waited on me was extremely kind, and the restaurant itself is really nice and calm. I'll definitely return to try the other vegetarian options.

Pros: Fresh food, Kind staff, Lovely place
Cons: Limited options, No English
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

They fed us chicken

2 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

First let's set things straight. This place most definitely is NOT vegan, nor vegetarian for that matter. Being a LOHAS raw food restaurant we casually assumed it would be (and Happycow says it is), so we ordered a soba noodle set (it was -9 degrees outside) and some sushi.

The sushi was ok although the 'rice' was made of nuts and honestly, I can't imagine how they think that is healthier than rice, enzymes regardless. The nuts by the way are from China and are not organic. They sell them by the bag near the doorway.

For drinks we had the green smoothie which consisted of a whole lot of banana (in mid winter) and a few greens for colour.

The main problem was when the noodles came. Shortly after we launched in we started to feel something was not right. Indeed. The main ingredient was chicken - you can imagine our surprise! When we sent it back to be replaced we were charged for the mistake which apparently was our fault. No mention anywhere in the restaurant is vegan I guess so in a way they were right, although who on earth makes a raw food restaurant that sells cooked meals and meat!? They clearly aren't sure what they want to be.

The replacement noodles tasted ok but nothing special. There was nothing else on the menu that really looked to be a seriously nutritional and substantial meal idea. Couldn't think of any reason to come back really.

Cons: not vegetarian - serves meat, not all raw either - what are they then?, ingredients from china
JesseD
JesseD

Great Raw Restaurant

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

This place is amazing! The food was fresh, delicious and so healthy, and with the range of foods it was also very satisfying. The food was beautifully presented, and the interior very pleasant. It was no surprise that it was almost full when I visited. It clearly appeals to a rather particular demographic, as I was the only male (of I guess at least a dozen customers) and in my mid-thirties, probably one of the youngest! But it should appeal to anyone who likes fresh, healthy, delicious food. At about 1600 Yen the plate was also a very good deal. The entrance is in the arcade, at the very end, so it's one block south of where the HappyCow App says it is. With this it shouldn't be difficult to find, and is definitely worth it. This restaurant would do well in Tokyo, London or New York, and it's a pleasant surprise to find it in a city that on my last visit had only one vegan restaurant listed in Happycow.

Pros: raw, organic, delicious and very healthy, centrally located, reasonable prices
ItalianChick
ItalianChick

Great food and central location for vegans

4 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

Lohas is a cozy cafe offering traditional japanese food and raw food. They also have desserts and drinks.
The food is vegan and organic. You can get a mixed plate with different foods for around 800yen. The light and interiour is very cozy, I loved sitting there. Will go back.
As a vegan I am happy to have Lohas near Susukino.

Pros: Good food, Location, Friendly staff
Cons: Opening hours., Closed in the weekends

Papytofu
Papytofu

The one and only Raw food store in Sapporo

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

Really pleasant place to be, Lohas offers raw food for people in Sapporo. Conveniently located at the end of Tanuki Street, Lohas is one of the rare restaurant showing its vegan color on the outside. It's only opened for lunch though, as it closes at 16h00. The food is really good and filling. Staff doesn't speaks english but will provide you with a menu with detailed pictures. Raw nuts sushi, soba noodles, salads, the menu is not really full of options but those that are there are really tasty! please dig in!

Pros: Raw food in Sapporo, Delicious, Pleasant atmosphere
Cons: Opening hours, Not a lot of options.
  • dub dub

This marker on the map is nowhere near the actual location.
    Lohas is one block west of TK6 Bar and Gril (whose map is also wrong) in Tanuki Koji Shopping Arcade.

Dear Owner and Manager of Lohas Rawfood: