Serves meat, veg options available. Has many choices for vegans and most items can be made vegan by substituting daiya cheese. Also has gluten free items. Wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
214 Walton St
Syracuse, New York 13202
315-422-6200

Open Mon-Fri 7am-9pm, Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 11am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Vegiforlife

Wonderful!

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

Often anxious about finding quality vegan food when I'm traveling, and LoFo removed all anxiety. Delicious food made from local sourced food. Creative recipes, friendly service, peaceful atmosphere. Lovely setting in downtown Syracuse ... be sure to check out the mosaic wall and bench at the craft shop next door!

Pros: Good value, Fresh, local food, Peaceful "hangout" atmosphere
Cons: Parking was tough at dinner time

More than Veg-Friendly!

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I went to this restaurant twice during my stay in Syracuse and was very happy about all of the food I tried. The coconut 3 bean soup was the most delicious soup, I totally licked the bowl! I had the green juice both times and it was fabulous. The roasted root salad was very tasty, it has a really good flavor and was not oily at all like a lot of other roasted veggies. The super salad was great combination of superfoods. I had the classic bowl once with tofu and brown rice and once with sietan and quinoa, both were great. The bowl had a generous serving of everything, the sietan was sliced thin like a deli meat and the tofu was cubed. I had the grilled portabella sandwich and it was very good, the sandwich itself was grilled and it had vegan mayo on it. They would have substituted vegan cheese on it if you wanted but it was delicious even without. I loved this place particularly because all of the food was very healthy, it certainly wasn't a junk food restaurant. The owners were very vegan/vegetarian friendly, while there were a couple of non-veggie items on the menu I would say that 80-90% of the menu was vegan/vegetarian. The location was in a nice area with some shopping and other eateries. They had a few tables and you order at the counter then the food comes out, I would think though that they would provide table service if you preferred, I was just taking everything to go.

Pros: Healthy food/options, Great value, Very friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of LoFo: