Serves meat, veg options available. Organic cafe established in 2007. Offers veg menu items as well as some vegan baked goods. Has wi-fi. Prices inexpensive to moderate. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Catering, Non-veg
649 Congress St
Portland, Maine 04101
207-899-3529

Open Mon 8am-3pm, Tue-Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 9am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by bunnyfarts
Happy Veg Man
Happy Veg Man

Good place for a vegan breakfast.

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

I can only comment on breakfast, but it was good. It's not easy to find scrambled tofu, and this one was full of greens and veggies. My wife and I were pleased with the large number of vegan options, and I'd go back.

Pros: They have a vegan breakfast!
Cons: Nil
raphalla
raphalla

Ok

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2014

Went with 2 young kids, a baby and 4 adults on Saturday night. There was a live music performance, so not particularly easy to talk. You read the menu and then order and pay at the counter. Someone will send the food to you. We had sesame noodle. Didn't taste sesame, except for it did have some sesame. The tofu was too salty. The children had mac and cheese under the children menu. It was big enough for two children under 5. We had potatoes wedges, but the children complaint that they were spicy. i loved the garlic sauce though. My non-vege friends said their meals were a bit too spicy too. They have a small place for children to play. This is really nice. I would still go there if i have non-vege friends eating with us and bringing children.

Pros: *
Cons: *
mmmscott
mmmscott

just okay

2 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

I really wanted to like this place. We ordered the peanut sauce tofu with veggies and noodles and it was really awful. hardly any veggies and just a big mound of noodles with bland sauce. I should have sent it back. My husband ordered the Mexican black beans and salsa and he couldn't eat it. I went back and tried the cinnamon buns and they were just okay too.

elephantelizabeth
elephantelizabeth

Breakfast

4 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

I went twice for breakfast during my stay in Portland. They have a wide variety of vegan pastries like scones and delicious cinnamon buns. I also went back and got pancakes which were very yummy! They have a big selection of vegan cookies from a nearby bakery that were really good. I love Local Sprouts!

Pros: Good food, Vegan pastries
Faux Fun
Faux Fun

love Sprouts!

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2013

Lots if great choices, it was hard to settle on one. Yummy kombucha and desserts.

Pros: choices, organic , kombucha
Laureenong
Laureenong

great vegan breakfast

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

Visiting in Portland and happened upon this place. Very happy with my tofu scramble and coffee with soy. Husband had nice pancakes.

Pros: food, staff
MAINETHYME
MAINETHYME

LOCAL SPROUTS

2 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2011

FRIENDLY STAFF, CANT MAKE UP FOR VERY SLOW SERVICE,WRONG ORDERS.FAIR FOOD.

Pros: FRIENDLY STAFF, FUN DECOR, KID FRIENDLY
Cons: SLOW SERVICE, WRONG ORDERS, FAIR FOOD
bunnyfarts
bunnyfarts

Very down to earth!

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

Great staff, great place to eat. Offers meat and gluten free if you have friends who don't want to go to a veg-only place. Great vegan food and dessert!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Local Sprouts Cafe: