CLOSED: Local Burger

Serves meat, veg options available. Has a veggie burger, a tofu burger, salads, and sides like quinoa. Uses local ingredients, some organic. SHUT DOWN IN AUGUST 2012. REMOVED FROM HAPPYCOW. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, American, Delivery, Non-veg

kishaks
kishaks

My fav veggie burger

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

I adore the veggie burger here! Unlike most vegan burgers, this patty is grain based. I realize this may be a turn off for those new to vegetarianism, but for those of us who aren't seeking that "meat like" texture, this blows every other substitute out of the water. I am also quite fond of their Roasted Vegetable Salad and the Vegan Ceasar.
The prices can be a bit hard to swallow, but please remember that you are supporting local farmers, bread companies, etc. And in terms of the serving size for the salads, they seem to be about 25% bigger than most of the ones I can get at other restaurants for a similar price. I wish I could give 5 stars!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Local
Ribaldry
Ribaldry

Decent veggie burgers

3 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

I have friends who adore Local Burger, and I've never had a bad experience there per se. Their "World's Greatest Veggie Burger" is very tasty, although it's not especially rich in protein. I think their salads and fries also taste good, and I appreciate that they have non-dairy shakes and try to include a lot of vegetarian and vegan items on their menu alongside the wild game options. That said, I find their prices very high for what is essentially fast food, and their portions are on the small side. The fries are incredibly greasy and salty, at least to my taste. If you like the ethos of locally sourcing food, you might like to eat here, although frankly, for this sort of thing, there are restaurants in town that do it more to my taste for a similar price. I also understand that the workers here are only paid minimum wage, which bothers me. :(

Pros: locally sourced food, many veg(an) options, tasty veggie burger
Cons: salty, pricy
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

great little burger joint

3 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

Local Burger has quite a few vegan options, I'm pretty grossed out by the bison, etc, though. Its a friendly modern place, but my unhealthy family members are not impressed even though its french fries and burgers. Dairy free shakes, brown rice, etc. Plenty to please everyone who is not grossed out by the wild game.

Cons: too much meat, bison, elk
sugartalker
sugartalker

Great Food Great Place

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2010

Stopped in Lawerence KS looking for a veggie friendly place and this is what happened. Found the place easy enough, walked into a friendly greeting by the guy behind the counter who was quick to answer a few questions I had and a lot more questions a non-veggie/vegan friend I brought with me as well.

Food arrived faster than expected for a weekend, and the "Worlds Best Veggie Burger" was pretty darn good as well as the Vegan Caesar Salad. I really liked that they had water and Ice Tea out and available to help yourself

Overall I was happy with the place, it was clean, the people that worked there were friendly and the food was great and reasonably priced. I would definitely go there again especially since there are so many veggie/vegan items on the menu I still want to try, and would also recommend it to my veggie friends and meat eating friends alike as there was something for both of us.

Pros: Food, Staff, Service
Cons: Not nothing
Guest
Guest

Delicious!

4 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2007

After spending alot of time on the road it was great to get an actual veggie burger!! And it was home made and flavorfull! I also love the ides of supporting only local farmers and producers. The restaurant is clean and open and right across from a park, and the staff was kind and helpful.

Pros: veggie beakon in cow country
Cons: kind of out of the way

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Local Burger: