CLOSED: Loaf and Ladle

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafeteria style soups and sandwiches with salad bar. Everything is made in the kitchen or bakery. Try the anadama bread to take home. Riverside dining during the spring and summer. Previously located on Water St. Reported closed to HappyCow, June 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by The Vegan Review
blkcat7160
blkcat7160

Great soups!

4 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2012

They always have a vegetarian option or 4 when you go there for either lunch or dinner. Best soups around! Today we have cheesy potato leek. Yum!

Pros: excellent food, great value
The Vegan Review
The Vegan Review
  • fruititarian

Delightful Spring Afternoon

3 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2009

One afternoon this spring I decided it was simply too gorgeous of a day to spend it indoors writing my english paper. So I made an impromptu journey to Exeter, an hour and a half before I was actually supposed to meet someone there.

I stopped by the Loaf and Ladle for a sandwich. Their only vegan sandwich option is the hummus and veggie sandwich but I love me some veggies and hummus! The sandwich was delicious and reasonably priced. The view from the back porch was beautiful- incredibly calming; watching the water fall over the dam. It would be quite the place to grab a bite and study or read.

Guest
Guest

The best soup

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2007

Loaf and Ladle has some of the best soup I've ever had. Even better, they usually have at least 3 vegetarian soups, including their tomato bisque. It's a casual setting, but the soup and the thick slice of bread you get with it are utterly amazing. You'll certainly want to take a loaf home.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loaf and Ladle: