The first all-vegan restaurant in a hospital, designed to serve the public and those interested in health and wellness. Provides vegan fusion fare, local, organic, and freshly made with many live food options and at affordable prices. Also features a retail marketplace. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Fusion, Organic, American, Fusion, Pizza, Juice bar, Take-out
10000 SE Main St (Adventist Medical Center)
Portland, Oregon 97216
503-261-4422

Open Mon-Thur 7am-6pm, Fri 7am-4pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by StanleyJones
veero
veero

loved it!

5 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2013

it made me so happy to come to a lovely vegan restaurant AT A HOSPITAL!! hours later and I am still amused by this. plus they have a little shop and sell vita-mixes and dehydrators and books about veganism. Portland never ceases to amaze me. the price of the food was a bargain and it felt and tasted healthy and delicious. I am a new fan for sure!

JohnGardner
JohnGardner

Great Vegan!

5 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

Everything on the menu looked good, but I couldn't resist the specials: pesto mac and 'cheez', beet and brussel sprout salad, and butternut squash soup. Very good!

Pros: fast, all vegan
Debrakinsky
Debrakinsky

Always pleased

4 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

We have tried several of the deli's specials and have always been pleased. Our favorite to grab for a nutritious, quick dinner are their Quinoa bowls (Quinoa served over healthy, beautiful greens; garnished with chopped tomato and a light, very tasty & slightly tangy dressing. They will add tempeh, soy curls or tofu at a small additional cost.

One of our other favorites are their yogurt parfaits, which are so popular that it's often difficult to get one. Their own house-made granola with cranberries is layered at the bottom, followed by a wonderful vanilla-creme yogurt. Finished off with fresh strawberry slices and blueberries. It's wonderful and a more healthy selection for dessert.

Pros: Excellent food; never had anything bad., Reasonable value (cost/portion), Very friendly and helpful staff.
Cons: Some menu items are difficult to get., Sometimes closes early.

Flavia
Flavia

Nice vegan cafe, a tad pricey

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

Stopped into this cafe while attending a medical appointment with a friend and his grandfather. Very nice ambiance! Tidy, inviting, clean. Everything looked so good, but we only stopped in for a small snack, so I had the Black Bean Soft Taco* $3.00
A corn tortilla filled with pine nut cheese, spicy black beans and Daiya cheese, topped with shredded romaine and fresh salsa,
and a Rosemary Apple Scone, an unusual and delicious bakery treat. The soft taco was delicious, made a pretty presentation, and was surprisingly filling for a snack. And I wanted the recipe for the scone, it was delicious as well. $5.25 for the two. Nice extensive menu.
Some of the other items seemed a tad pricey, so for those on limited budget. The staff was attentive and friendly. Will definitely go again, and I look forward to trying their other items.

Pros: Healthy vegan cuisine, Quiet, Clean
Cons: Freindly staff
holykow
holykow

Great Place!

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2012

We ordered the Tempeh Sausage Pizza and the special - which was Quinoa Pasta with Winter Veggies. Both were yummy! It's nice to go to a place where everything is vegan, so no guessing needed! They even have cookbooks and supplies for sale - which I am addicted to.

Pros: Healthy selection, Excellent food, Bright and cheerful
Cons: inside the hospital
StanleyJones
StanleyJones

Drawing from the Well

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2012

I had the black bean soft taco and the soy curls soft taco with a bottle of lemonade. Very tasty. The staff was friendly and served me quickly. I was surprised by how inexpensive each item was. I will definitely be going back. Next time I'm trying the Live Pasta with Zucchini, Olives, Spinach, Basil, and Pine Nuts.

Pros: great tasty food, clean and quiet, friendly
Cons: closes early on Friday

Dear Owner and Manager of Living Well Bistro: