Singapore vegan restaurant. Offers almond gado-gado (no peanut), quiche pie, food, bread, and sauces all made in-house. Take Farrer Park MRT Station, Exit B. Sept 2013 reported opened at this location after move from 325 Beach Road. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic

First Review by marybheine
nafanc
nafanc

tasty

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2012

This place is a bit pricier than other places I went to in Singapore. But then again, all of the other places I went to were hawker centres - this was the only proper sit-down establishment I went to.
The food was healthful and tasty. My server was also very nice. They have a good variety on their menu.

Pros: Variety, Healthy, Tasty
Noanimal
Noanimal

Healthier choice

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2010

The food is great, I like the sheppard pie and the lasanga. The raw patato jiuce is a nice adventure to be continued. The owner Barbara really 'talks vegan' and knows about living a healthy life style. Going here is definitely going for a healthier choice!! Must try. Sunday's closed unfortunately...

Pros: Barbara (owner), Location
Cons: Sunday closed, Can be noisy inside

julianne
julianne

yummy!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2010

I went to Living Greens 2days running in April 2010. The day specials are great and give you a chance to try something different every day.

The first day I had lasagne and a huge slice of chocolate cake. Both were really good. I also took away some almond ga-do ga-do and some veggie sushi!! I was hungry!!

The peanut (or rather almond) sauce with the gado gado was lovely and the sushi was great too.

The next day I had the brown rice special. Yummy mushroom soup to start and then a slice of brown rice mixed with nuts and veggies with a topping. It was really lovely. I also pigged out a bit and had the black sesame (sounds weird but is yummy) and avocado pot desserts!!

Desserts are a big deal to a vegan as they are rare!!! But these ones were yummy!!

I also had to get more lasagne for dinner later!!!!!!

The whole place was relaxed and friendly. The waiting staff were effiecient and helpful when I just couldn't decide what to get! It was also good value for money, clean and attractive.

I was slightly dissapointed that there was not a cake the second day as they do advertise a different flavour cake daily but the dessert pots made up for it!!

I highly recommend this restaurant. There is a little shop with organic toiletries and food too.

Pros: friendly staff, good value and atmosphere, yummy food
Cons: more cake choice!!
Peace ...
Peace ...

Never try, you never Know ...

5 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2010

Never try, you never Know ... LivinGreens can make one FALL IN LOVE with their Orangic Vegan Cuisine

LivinGreens is along Beach Road near Sultan Gate (entrance to Malay Heritage Centre) and the location is great for those doing their touristy round Kampong Clam.

It is a VEGAN ORGANIC Cafe with a peaceful atmosphere offering a reasonable (no service charge & no GST) priced healthy ALL VEGAN Cuisine that is as creative as the presentation. It makes raw vegetables taste exciting and even carnivores fall in love with.

I believe the world's best variety of tasty, healthy and organic food is found in LivinGreen. You would not believe that Popular Indonesian Gado Gado can be done in a different way (healthy) and yet taste the same. Almond Gado Gado @ $7 - a combination of cooked and raw vegetable, steamed firm beancurd, tempeh, yam bean and using almond sauce even almond hater would not detect it. Go for it and worth trying.

The Zha Jiang Noodle @ $7 is just simply delicious with raw vegetable. If you love some spiciness in the noodle, ask for LivinGreen's Special Chilli Paste. It just tastes great and they are very generous, making sure you enjoy your meal. If the noodle can be of two different colour, would add more color to this dish.

Vegan Quiche @ $8 with salad is wholesome, creative and delicious and I think it is wheat-, gluten- and dairy-free! It is real impressive and there is so much more on their menu waiting to be discovered.

This Vegan Cafe has a section that sells Organic Product. As for Organic Food, order from their menu as takeaway (for dinner maybe), that was what I saw when dining there - some of diners did that.

Its friendly boss and staff add to the pleasant dining experience there. The attentive staff would serve you a glass of water immediately when you are seated. She even makes good suggestions and offer to help you pack your food (in eco-friendly paper box) when I cannot finish it.

Its casual dining experience, quality ingredients and well-executed dishes definitely keep me coming back for more. If Naive has wow me with its new modern twist to the Vegetarian Cuisine, then for LivinGreens, I would voted it as the BEST VEGAN ORGANIC CAFE or BEST ECO-FRIENDLY CAFE in Singapore

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy Cuisine, Friendly Staff
Tomothy
Tomothy

top restaurant

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2010

this was the best restaurant i visited in singapore. there is honey in some of the drinks which i didn't think to ask about. the lasagne is fantastic, but so was everything i tried there. the woman who runs this place is an amazing chef and really understands veganism.

Pros: friendly wonderful people, organic food shelf, raw suchi
Cons: dairy items on the health food shelf
rhod
rhod

Great food and lovely people

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2010

I've eaten here probably about 20 times. It's not near to my work but I make the effort to go there at lunch because the environment is pleasant and relaxed, the staff/owners are very friendly and of course the food is worth travelling for.

They have a range of Asian and western dishes. Personally I prefer the Asian dishes. It's predominantly chinese I think but there are some Indian/Indo dishes as well. The Gado Gado is very good with interesting textures and good sauce. The burger (special) is excellent, nice bun, nice burger, good salad, good dressing! Salads are also good value for the quality of the ingredients. Much better than most salads you get at the vege places in Singapore. Masala paratha with pickle (special) is very tasty and the pickle and dhal have great flavour.

Their western dishes are pretty good too, particularly for vegan versions of things that would definitely normally require eggs and dairy. For example the quiche and lasagne are both good.

Their desserts are also extremely good here. They always have a vegan cake on offer, walnut, choc banana, choc raspberry and others I can't remember. These are great and don't have the cloying oily texture that so often ruins vegan sponge cakes. The creamy 'moussey' things are good too. Can't remember what they're called but they're basically like a mousse flavoured with chocolate, avocado or black sesame. I only have black sesame which is nice and v different.

Lastly, the staff are lovely and make you feel that you have to keep supporting this place to ensure it will stick around. It's pretty hard for vege places so we should do whatever we can to support nice ones like this!

Pros: Great food, Lovely staff, Nice atmosphere
Cons: None really.
melon
melon

a good address in Kampong Glam

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2010

I stumbled upon this place while looking for veg food near my hotel on Beach Road and ended up eating here twice during my week in Singapore.

The service was quite good, staff were friendly and helpful.

In terms of the food, I had one of the "brown rice sets" served with soup on my first visit, and a buckwheat pasta with tahini sauce on the second. Both dishes were simple but tasty. The portions are not large, so if you are a big eater you should order a starter.

All in all, a good experience.

AnneBA
AnneBA

excellent food and quiet atmosphere

4 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2009

This place has great food and really nice people. The menu is fairly varied and there are new specials each week. Yum. Try the fresh buns, too. They're all good, but my favorite is the black sesame.

beerzuki
beerzuki

brown rice and healthy, tasty food

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2008

This is just opposite the Concourse building on Beach Road. The brown rice set and mango sushi rolls are personal faves. You come away from here feeling satisfied but in a light, healthy way, not a yucky heavy way like most places. Most things are under $10 each (less than $8.50 Aussie)

The menu offers both Western and Asian meals, raw and cooked food. This is not 'mock meat' vegetarian, but healthy stuff, made, I think, with love! They also stock and sell a few health food items.

The staff are always lovely.

Pros: healthy&clean, user friendly menu, relaxed environment
Cons: no outdoor seating
tanshellin
tanshellin

Excellent, MUST TRY!

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2008

The lasagne is excellent!!! I love the dumplings, salad and almon gado gado. The salad comes with unique and delicious sauce. The ambience is good and cosy. The service is friendly and welcoming.They will ask for feedback on their food and will give suggestions when taking orders. Price is reasonable and is considered cheap for organic food. Excellent!!! A***

marybheine
marybheine

,Lucky Stumble

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2007

Today, I was searching for a vegan restaurant, walking around. I didn't want to eat Indian (sorry, I love India, but cannot enjoy overly spicy food loaded with chilies and cumin). I literally stumbled upon this wonderful restaurant. I loved my lunch so much (avocado salad, shepherds pie (too spicy), and yummy chocolate banana pudding, that I returned for dinner and had the vegan burger. Lovely woman chef, very petite and unassuming, but delicious combinations of flavors. Nice staff, I'll be back tomorrow and the next, and will always wish I were back in Singapore for more food from this restaurant.

Pros: good value, delicious food, staff is proud of their food
Cons: wish I lived in Singapore, sad when I finish my meal
Guest
Guest

Must try

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2007

Almond baked tauhu goreng, yummy brown rice set, not so tasty sugar-free, gluten free, mocha cake.

Pros: Excellent service, Just nice portions, Good presentation

Dear Owner and Manager of Living Greens: