Living Green Natural Food...

Health food store. As of July 2013 its cafe is shut down & for sale. Store stocks organic bulk food and other things. more-less
630A 2nd St (DeBruyn, Whidbey Island)
Langley, Washington 98260
360-221-8242

Open Tue-Sat 10:30am-5pm.

First Review by nainabarnett
jjpensiero
jjpensiero

Great for raw food lovers!

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

My family and I have eaten at Living Green numerous times over the past 4 years. The food is great for vegans and vegetarians. Everything is made fresh daily! The owner is knowledgeable in explaining different herbal remedies, supplements, etc. Very helpful and friendly!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Veganryche
Veganryche

Awesome Find!

5 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2010

My husband and I went on an outing to Whidbey Island and thought we'd check out Living Green Vegetarian Cafe for a nice vegan lunch. We were pleasantly surprised by an awesome vegan lunch!!! My husband got the Dragon Bowl Special which I tasted and it was heaven! Really great Thai peanut sauce in that dish. I had the Rawsome Wrap and it was incredible! I'm not usually one for beets but the flavor was so good, you wouldn't have guessed that there were even beets in it, save for the red juice on my plate. I've been to many a vegan restaurant and this was truly one of the best I've ever been to. Great flavor on the flavor! My husband said it was was the BEST vegan food he's ever had. The decor, overall feel/vibe of the place and people were very warm and friendly. What a great find! We will definitely be back. ~ Namaste' :-)

Pros: Great, fresh, organic produce/flavor!, Great Price!, Great Vibe!

MysticMoon21
MysticMoon21

ok

2 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2008

We went in and ate and the food was yummy however we wanted a rawsome wrap and they didn't have all the ingredients because they were getting ready for a party anyhow they made it into a bowl (which came with rice) and it was yummy but I'm a raw foodist so I try to eat raw as much as possible and I was excited to find out that they're might have been a raw restaurant on the island but now am kinda disappointed and we had to wait for 2 hours until they were ready.

Pros: quiet
Cons: spendy, didn't have everything, waited on the staff
solaced1
solaced1

Comfortable Shop with Excellent Dining

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2008

We stopped in looking for a health food store, and found an excellent dining location. The store itself is undergoing expansion, so options in the store and on the menu are limited until next month. We still found more than enough to satisfy. Everything was vegan. The smoothies were fantastic, and our homemade chai was like nothing you can get at Starbucks. All of the food was homemade and the shop owner was extremely attentive and knowledgeable. She had either experience with or extensive knowledge of vegetarian, vegan, macrobiotic, and raw diets.

Unfortunately the Kombucha was brewing, but we are looking forward to trying it next time. The grocery items were limited, but a large bulk section was under construction. We felt very good about spending our money here. We will definitely go back. I wish there were more places like this.

We are looking forward to the expansion in Feb. 2008 (next month).

Pros: healthy, conscious food, knowledgeable personnel, comfortable atmosphere
nainabarnett
nainabarnett

yummalicious *update*

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2007

*Originally posted September 20:*

I was delighted to have found a great vegan restaurant on Whidbey Island! I went with my non-veg parents and we were all very, very impressed. Each dish we had was freshly prepared and quite tasty. I especially enjoyed my 'rawsome wrap' which far surpassed my original expectations. The owner was very friendly, informative, and enthusiastic about the raw/vegan diets and her lovely restaurant and store. She was also very helpful and knowledgeable when it came to the products for sale in the store. Unfortunately, I don't live on the island, but whenever I visit my parents I'll be sure to stop by for a bite to eat. I highly recommend Living Green.

*Update:*
I now live in Los Angeles and have tried many vegan and/or raw restaurants in the area and though some of them are quite good, nothing I've had has lived up to the rawsome wrap I had at Living Green, and most of them lack the warm and welcoming atmosphere and staff Living Green has. I can't wait until my next trip to Washington!

Pros: delicious food, nice atmosphere, super friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Living Green Natural Food and Apothecary: