Cafe and art gallery, opened Mar 2014. Food is vegan and gluten-free except for dairy milk for coffee. Weekly changing desserts, cooked and raw food. Serves organic coffee. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Australian, Western, Organic

First Review by ClarkeVincent
Davidveganw
Davidveganw
  • raw

What a RAW Food Experiance!!!

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2014

Wow.. We found this amazing place in the hinterland of Sunny Queensland Australia (Maleny). The food and Raw cakes were out of this world and "exceptional" Andy, the owner was the best host I've found in a Raw food café. He went out of his way to make our raw food journey memorable and exciting. The café had a great energy too... Andy is a Vegan ambassador for Australia and holds regular "Health Food Talks". Well done guys.

Pros: Great Raw Vegan Food , Amazing Host and Staff , Health Education
JodieTaylor
JodieTaylor

Perfect Afternoon Tea Treat

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

My partner and I visited Maleny last Saturday - such a beautiful drive through the hinterland. We came across Live Foods Cafe by chance - how lucky were we! The food is amazing (we had a dessert treat, duo of salad and a green smoothie). The food was delicious and filling. Next door is also a wellness centre which is perfect! The owners had a great chat with my partner and I and both were full of great knowledge of raw foods, nutrition and gut health. Can't wait to visit again!

Pros: Beautiful Food, Wonderful, Positive Peple, Location - Next to the Wellness Centre
amano
amano

Excellent

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2014

We had a very tasty tart and salad and then the best raw dessert ever!This was a good sized slice of mocha 'cheesecake'.Clean ,nice setting and friendly service.

Pros: Hygienic, Fantastic raw dessert, Friendly

JodesG
JodesG

Amazing!!!

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

Wow what can I say?! Officially one of my favorite vegan cafes. Andy was so lovely and friendly, the food is absolutely amazing... So full of flavor! I was too full to try any of the deserts but they looked so good! The atmosphere and location of the cafe is just beautiful, I wish I lived near here so I could go more often. They sell a small selection of books, nuts and nut cheese too.

Pros: atmosphere, big selection of food
HerveyBayVegans
HerveyBayVegans

Sensational!!

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2014

Great, friendly service and the food was amazing. We had soup, salads and desserts, all beautifully presented and exceptionally tasty. Can't wait to go again.

Pros: Friendly Service, Welcoming Owner, Amazing Food
smak
smak

Truly what the name stands for

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

Wife and I ate lunch at this very nice location during the Easter break. The food is great and fresh. They have a great variety of desserts too, though we didn't try them. The fresh juices are amazing. We can't wait to go there again. The reason for 4 stars is mainly because of my crazy appetite, so I would appreciate a slightly bigger quantity but that might be too much for others.

Pros: Quality of food, location, service
ClarkeVincent
ClarkeVincent

Thar's Gold in them thar hills

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

Went here for lunch on my birthday and it was absolutely perfect. Its a beautifully decorated cafe up in scenic Maleny. The owners and staff were cheery, welcoming, chatty and efficient despite being busy. We tried two different raw pizza slices and a trio of salads and all were delicious and filling. So many unusual but phenomenal tastes - these guys really know how to add special touches to make food look and taste fantastic. Since it was my birthday we decided to force ourselves to eat cake and these are great too - really up with the best (raw) desserts I have ever eaten.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 25, 2014

Pros: Very tasty raw food, plenty of space, owner is a vegan advocate
Cons: 30m drive from my house

Dear Owner and Manager of Live Foods Cafe: