Little Lad's Bakery and Cafe

All vegan cafe in Portland, ME. Also offers nutrition seminars and vegan cooking classes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Buffet
482 Congress St (Center St, near Monument Square)
Portland, Maine 04101
207-871-1636
  • Cash only

First Review by sglcklch
Griley
Griley

dinner in Portland

4 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

My wife and I had a very tasty late lunch early dinner here. As has been noted, no atmosphere but nutritous healthy food and friendly folks.

Pros: Taste, Nutrition, Friendly
Cons: No atmosphere, no parking
CoreyKempton
CoreyKempton

Budget Friendly!

3 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

Stopped here for "nice" cream cones for my daughters. The nice cream was good, but the cones were not, but the price was right ($1 per scoop and $1 for the cone). A $4 treat was just right for my girls!

Pros: cheap, friendly
Suzzz6
Suzzz6

Real food!

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2013

I would love to have this buffet beside my house! It is real good and healthy food, like at home!

Pros: Delicious food, Good popcorn, Nice staff
jlbco
jlbco

Good vegan eats-- CHEAP!

3 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

If "atmosphere" is not your thing, but you happen to be in Portland (ME) looking for vegan eats on a low budget, this is the place! Modest selection, and nothing fancy, but good stuff at unusually low prices, especially considering that most things are made-to-order. A good bet for breakfast or lunch-- dinner, not so much-- besides, they're not open late. If a 3½ cow rating was available, that's what I'd give the place-- it's good, but probably closer to "Fair" than "Very Good", which is why it only gets 3.

Pros: Great value, No critters, Fresh food
Cons: Limited menu, No ambiance, May be best as take-out.

kshaley
kshaley

Great place to have lunch!

3 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2011

Use caution though. They DO use honey in some of their items. I was not aware of this until I read on one of the packaged items they sell that honey was an ingredient. If you haven't had their pop corn, you do not know what you are missing!

Pros: Inexpensive, Unprocessed ingredients, Non-GMO Ingredients
Cons: Honey use
sglcklch
sglcklch

Wholesome homemade food at fast food prices

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2011

Were hoping to try the lunch buffet but apparently they only serve sandwiches on Sundays. We got the burger and a sandwich with the cheesy melt. We felt a bit iffy about this place at first because of the interior and the funky man at the counter... but boy was the food delicious! We ended up getting a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie ($1.99 only!) and a bag of whole wheat herb crackers for the road too. I bet the buffet must really be awesome!

Pros: cheap, tasty

Dear Owner and Manager of Little Lad's Bakery and Cafe: