Little Italy - Koramangala

Chain of upscale Italian restaurants serving lacto-vegetarian cuisine. Kitchen breaks from 3:30-6:30pm. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, Italian, Pizza, Mexican, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Stevie
Stevie

Little Italy, Koramangala, Bangalore

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2010

The first thing about this joint is the address which made me wonder if I was going to eat in the middle of some smoke spewing industrial facility. That isn't the case - the restaurant is located one street behind a shopping mall in Koramangala.

The atmo and vibe of the place is contemporary and aimed nearer to the top than the bottom end of the market. The decor is not done untastefully - the place has a relaxed and pleasant vibe. I wasn't sure how much choice there would be on the menu and was delighted to see that the choice was extensive and all vegetarian.

A lot of the dishes are aimed at lacto vegetarians but as a vegan veggie there was still plenty for me to choose from.

I went for the minestrone soup which tasted like no minestrone I've ever had before but that doesn't mean it tasted bad. I then went for the spaghetti and soya bolognese and found it enjoyable.

Prices were higher than I've experienced elsewhere in Bangalore but that doesn't say much as everywhere is so inexpensive. The price of food in this place certainly wasn't expensive by Western standards. The price of wine though I found eye catchingly expensive so anyone on a tight budget, I suggest you body swerve the wine menu and drink something else.

The staff were pleasant and helpful. And while of course there is great vegetarian Indian eating to be had in Bangalore, this place as an all vegetarian Italian eatery offers a great option for something different. I'd happilly eat here again.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Wide choice
Cons: Expensive wine

Dear Owner and Manager of Little Italy - Koramangala: