Little vegetarian Indian store and eatery rolled into one. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Take-out

keesimps
keesimps

Great Food

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

We decided to go there last week, as we had errands to run in the area and I saw it on here and looked up the yelp reviews... Also, it was something different, as we have never had this type of food known as chaat, which is kind of like Indian fast food or street food. I did not see anything noting vegan, but figured that there had to be some options considering that it is vegetarian and indian.

As most people noted on yelp, there are not many seats as it is in the back of a store, so at first we were thinking that we would just get a menu and come back another time. So, while I was talking with one of the girls who cooks in the back and is part of the family that owns the place to find out what items were or could be made vegan, a seat opened up... So, we decided to stay and eat.

The girl had marked at least 6-8 items on the menu that could be made vegan or was, so we decided and ordered. On a sidenote - the system here is like a sushi restuarant where you mark what and how many of each item that you want and then hand it to them in the kitchen. The food comes out as it is ready.

We ended up getting a bunch of items, which was of course too much, but we were able to take some home for a snack later in the evening... My favorite item was definitely the Bada Paav, which is a potato curry mushed up and covered with garlic, tamrind & cilantro chutnee on a bun; it was amazing! I'd say my second favorite was defintiely the chole (chickpeas) curry, which I believe was a special. The samosas were great and the only thing I didn't love was the mixed chaat (kind of like the indian form of tapas), but next time will try some of them by themselves, as this seemed to be all of the chaats mixed together and not a sampler. My girlfriend got some sort of paneer, which she really enjoyed as well.

So, all in all, a wonderful meal and we are definitely planning on going back again!

Pros: Great Flavors, Cost-Effective, Authentic Food
Cons: Small Dining Area

Dear Owner and Manager of Little India: