Serves meat, veg options available. As of April 2014, although not available on their website, is a separate vegan menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Non-veg
820 W Randolph St (Halsted)
Chicago, Illinois 60607

ms319
ms319

Surprisingly veg-friendly!

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

I live fairly close to Little Goat Diner but I never would have guessed they're so accommodating to vegans, so I didn't try it until yesterday. There's a separate vegan menu that can be requested. I tried the vegan burger with tomato relish and shredded cabbage. The burger looks like it was composed mostly of chickpeas, a grain (brown rice?), and veggies (broccoli, carrots, mushrooms). It was really refreshing to have a veggie burger made out of... veggies! The waitress very helpful suggested smoked fries and brussels sprouts to share with my husband, and also the dairy-free chocolate shake. I didn't see these on the vegan menu so I appreciated her help! Everything was great and I left painfully full. I can't seem to find any hint of the vegan menu on the website, though I haven't checked any social media sites. I wish I had known sooner!

** I enjoyed my meal and would give the restaurant 5 "cows" based on the food and service. Happy Cow doesn't allow more than 4 because this isn't a vegetarian restaurant.**

Pros: good vegan options
Cons: vegan menu not on website

Dear Owner and Manager of Little Goat Diner: