Little Bird Organics -...

Vegan organic restaurant, opened since early-2012. Provides breakfast, lunch, smoothies, raw meals and desserts. Menu is small and changes daily. Has a second location. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western
385 New North Rd, Kingsland (Bond St)
Auckland, New Zealand
Closed now

Tue-Fri 8:00am-2:30pm, Sat 8:00am-3:00pm

First Review by msblack
Plantpower
Plantpower

Delicious amazing food

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2014

The little bird makes the absolutely best food in Auckland - whether it's cake, slices, smoothies, savoury dishes... Sometimes hard to believe that it's really raw - they've mastered the art of raw cuisine. And now that I have their cookbook I see how much work goes into their creations. Absolutely worth every penny!

Their original place in Kingsland is smaller and less busy, the menu varies slightly.

They have some cooked meals as well.

Pros: delicious, healthy, raw
Heymilly
Heymilly

The Original Little Bird!

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2014

This place is amazing and well worth the trip. It's very small and great for takeaway food. If you are looking to sit down and eat I would head to their Ponsonby branch as they have a larger space. The same amazing cabinet desserts appear here and the Kingsland cafe has more of a changeable menu.

Pros: The cabinet!, The cabinet!
Cons: Small space
annabelle.atkins
annabelle.atkins

My favorite place in the whole world!!

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

Well I've never been to their place in Kingsland but I was regular in their new place in Ponsonby.
I'm a foodie-I love good food-I enjoy it. And you get all of that at LBO. The staff is super friendly, place is very inviting but the food is the boos. So delicious! I can only highly recommend visiting this place if you have a chance. Some of my best memories of New Zealand will be of this place lol.:) If you have a sweet tooth like me that you found yourself a paradise. You can read more about it on my blog (http://wwland.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/the-little-bird-organics.html) but seriously-go there and indulge yourself.:)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 08, 2014

fearless
fearless

Raw

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2013

We are not that into raw food, however, this was a healthy meal and a good experience. The shop is set out very nicely and the cake cabinet was full of goodies. It is a little pricey but worth the money due to the use of high quality ingredients. The iced coffee was great!

Pros: healthy, fresh, lots of cakes
Cons: small menu
magicalprincess666
magicalprincess666

perfect if you dont suffer anxiety disorders

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2013

the food here is amazing i cant say a bad thing about, the coffee is also excellent.

i live down the road and id come here all the time except for the fact it gets very packed and there is never anywhere to sit down - there is no real sort of system with waiting for seats so it gets a bit confusing and then i have a panic attack and have to leave.

last time i ended up getting take out after some shore moms took the seat i was waiting for.

a few people have said this place is expensive, it isn't - its the same price youd pay at any average cafe in Kingsland for far superior food that has much more manpower involved in its preparation.

hopefully they will expand or something so its a bit more relaxing to eat there.

Pros: food, coffee, little bird products
Cons: hard to find a seat
jre8995
jre8995

good but not great

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2013

went for their raw pad thai, as had read reviews saying how good it was
unfortunately didn't live up to the hype - was more like a version of a coleslaw than the pad thai's i have had in san francisco or london
lovely place though, and happily busy

VeJo
VeJo

Best raw food I've had

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

I'm a vegan but not a raw foodist, but have been sampling raw food for the last few years. This is the best place I've been to. It was a very bustling cafe when we arrived -- although it's in a strange part of town, semi-industrial, I assume because they also stock other eateries (there were a lot of boxes being packed to the side). The staff were extremely friendly, and unperturbed by the crowds.
They offer the usual "courgette spaghetti" type meals that you'll get anywhere, but they also had on the menu that day an indian curry and Thai meal -- I had the Thai, and I've never had raw food like it. The meal was relatively expensive (although all food in NZ seems to be expensive), but was sooo filling. We had ordered dessert as well, and had to get it wrapped to take away. The cheesecake was very rich and creamy, so much so that it took me several days to get through! All was delicious.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, good range
Cons: strange location, small
VegAmi
VegAmi

Raw Paradise

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

If you don't know how wonderful dishes you can make as raw and you are a bit suspicious about raw food in general, this little cafe/bisto will convince you totally!
I got a raw green tropical smoothie, raw chocolate Macadamia cheesecake and raw lasagne as an early lunch and I simply fell in love with the food! Especially the lasagne made me feel extremely good! It was so delicious and fresh! It was the best raw dish I have ever got and I recommend everybody to have a try with that one!
Making professional, delicious raw dishes is a challenge, but this place has managed to do that! It's incredible!
So, it is absolutely worth to walk to this place from the city, even though it is a bit difficult to find the cafe in the beginning. Nevertheless, it is there, waiting for you!

Pros: Excellent food, Lovely staff, Totally raw and organic
Cons: Not a real restaurant but also a factory
msblack
msblack

Little beauty

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

I've been enjoying the Little Bird macaroons and grawnola for a while so was super excited when I heard they'd opened a cafe. As there is not much of a raw vegan presence in Auckland's eateries (not counting salads), my only experience of raw vegan cafes/restaurants are from travels in America of which I wasn't totally impressed - it doesn't help that I hate tahini. So as well as being excited for a new vegan place to eat in Auckland, I was also a bit nervous that I wouldn't like the food.

I visited Little Bird for the first time last week with my gluten-free vegan boyfriend and his omni but health-conscious Mum. All three of us loved the food and the experience. The food is so good, bursting with flavour and beautifully presented. The bf and I had a lasagne each which consisted of courgette "pasta sheets" with Little Bird's famous creamy nut cheese (best vegan cheese eva) and a super fresh tomato and capsicum sauce with a green salad on the side. Our plates were licked clean. Mum had the Pad Thai - again the presentation was excellent and the flavour was beautiful - not overwhelming or rich, just really fresh with expert use of herbs and spices.

We each couldn't resist a sweet thing although I could only eat half of mine and saved the rest for later. Bf got the berry cheesecake - a massive slice but in true fashion he gulped it down in under a minute. Mum and I savoured ours - she got a muesli log and I got the choc peppermint slice. I usually find raw chocolate too bitter and dirt-like, this was not so - crunchy and sweet with chunks of smooth peppermint, yum yum yum.

The interior is super cool, nice and woody with a relaxed atmosphere. Only complaint is not enough seating, the place was full so had to wait a bit to get a table.

Overall, an easy five stars. I'll be back.

Updated from previous review on Saturday October 13, 2012

Pros: Amazing food, Cool interior, Fresh
Cons: Not enough seating, Parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Little Bird Organics - Kingsland: