Linnaea's Cafe

A coffee shop that offers primarily drinks and baked desserts. Has food during the daytime but runs out by afternoon. Always has several vegan baked goods (cookie, scone, muffin, cake) which are baked on its office facility. Soymilk and rice milk available for coffee drinks at extra charge. Coffee is organic. Free wi-fi. Live music and events some nights. Artworks diplayed on walls. Non smoking. The garden patio in the back features a water fountain and ample seating. Frequented by students. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Fast food, American, Bakery, Take-out
1110 Garden St (Higuera St, downtown)
San Luis Obispo, California 93401
805-541-5888

Open Mon-Sat 6.30am-11pm, Sun 6.30am-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by hespedal
Chia
Chia

Vegan Baked Goods with Coffee

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to stop in on my way through San Luis Obispo on two occassions. Was just here in June 2014 and here's Linnaea's Cafe my review update.

It's a narrow coffee house that offers also an assortment of baked goods (with eggs, with dairy, or vegan). On the both trips I was here I saw lots of young people hanging out and either chatting with friends or reading or engaged on their computers.

All in all we've tasted a few varieties of their vegan baked goods (berry scone, blueberry muffin with oats, and another kind of muffin). The coffee is all right, pipin' hot. They charged me extra for soymilk in cappucino last time, which irked me. The second time around I got my coffee black.

The back garden is peaceful and relaxing.

Pros: vegan baked goods, garden seating, downtown location
Mrs.Turner
Mrs.Turner

Lovely little place with amazing ambiance !

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2011

I love this little gem of a cafe! I get a special treat from there once a week because they always have great vegan cupcakes or some sort of goodie. The service is a bit slow but I just dont go there to get a drink if I'm in a rush :) The staff is very friendly and most of them have worked there a long time, seems like they have a nice little Linnaes family

Pros: Tea Selection Is wonderful, Vegan!, Breakfast made to order!
Cons: Bit slow service at times
hespedal
hespedal

vegan food!

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2008

linnea's has vegan cake most of the time, which is awesome in my opinion. the cake isn't blow your mind or anything, but it's fun to be able to order vegan food.

Dear Owner and Manager of Linnaea's Cafe: