Features local cuisine in a casual setting. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Spanish, International
Garcia Morato, 5
Alicante, Spain
965-216614

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Vegpower
pinkbunny
pinkbunny

cheap and filling

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

I've been there a couple of times, very happy to see it full the last time! Good value set menu. A bit too hippy/hare krishna for my taste but the staff are lovely! The only speak Catalan and Spanish though so don't expect English.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, vegan
Cons: only opens weekdays for lunch
cafeyorba
cafeyorba

Best lunchtime option in Alicante

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

L'Indret is my favourite place to have lunch in Alicante. It is a 100% vegetarian establishment with an Indian/Hare Krishna vibe which gives it a relaxed atmosphere. The owners and staff are friendly, attentive, and more than happy to help you with any questions (be they in Spanish, Valencian or English).

The salad buffet is usually completely vegan, as are most of the set menu dishes. Normally I go for the salad buffet which is excellent value, with a range of leafy greens, grains, legumes and sauces, as much as you want for 4,95€. If you've got a good appetite, or just want to try some more dishes, the set menu is 11€, which includes 3 courses. I've never been disappointed, and have often eaten too much; a sign of just how good the food is!

The only part of me that has any reservations about L'Indret is the beer-lover in me; unfortunately they only have Cruzcampo, which happens to be one of my least favourite beers.

To sum up. For anyone looking for a good lunch, and especially vegans and vegetarians, L'Indret is the best option in Alicante.

Pros: Good value salad buffet, Excellent vegan options, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Not open in the evening, Poor beer selection, Shut for a large part of August
Sternanis
Sternanis

Best meal in Spain!

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

We went for Menu Del Dia on Saturday lunchtime. It was so busy and we went there without reservation so couldn't get a seat.. but they were kind enough to offer us a reserved seat and we had enough time before they came. Menu del Dia was with drinks (they also have fresh pressed juice!), salad buffet (2 kinds of so delicious homemade bread, several salads, dips, .. a lot of tasty food just in this salad buffet), menu 1, menu 2, and dessert for.. 10-12 euro? They have 2 kinds of menu 1 and menu 2, but you can choose half half so can taste 4 menu and the portion is like... not small at all. Even though it was super busy and we squeezed in, they were super friendly and accommodating, tried to answer all our questions on ingredients. Menu was ALL vegan but we were keep asking since all tasted so good and wanted to know how they made it (the owner was more than happy to explain it all to us.. but in Spanish and a little English so we had to use our imagination and body language a lot). Desserts were also all tasty. We wanted to go back but was never able to be in city for lunchtime.. ;o; A MUST go place in Alicante!

Pros: Delicious, Huge variety and portion, Inexpensive
Cons: Only open for lunch.. ;o;

MargoDolan
MargoDolan

Nice find in Alicante

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2013

This restaurant is just a few blocks from the Mercado. They offer a very nice salad buffet for 4,95€.

The staff speaks a bit of English and were very helpful about which item were vegan.

We enjoyed our lunch there.

Pros: good value, wonderful service, central location
Cons: limited menu
Muesli
Muesli

Awesome mostly vegan place

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

went there with a friend (carnivore - was shocked that he can feel so full with only vegan food). very yummy vegan 4 course meal and half a liter good wine for less than 12 euro!!! must-go in alicante!

Fer
Fer

An indian

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

This is a vegetarian with vegan options in daily menu with indian ambience (music, pictures...) but with international & spanish food. Cheap price. Friendly people. Near to "Stars square".

Pros: Cheap, Good food, Friendly
mayamaya
mayamaya

Very nice restaurant!

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2012

We liked it a lot, inexpensive menues, small but rich and well equiped salad bar, salt reduced eating is possible (add your own amount!). Very nice variety of desserts. Very nice staff. A total recommondation!

Pros: Vegan Choice possible, Good salad Bar, Very good Food
Cons: 4-course-menu too big ;)
Vegpower
Vegpower

I love it, tons of food, fair price.

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2007

I looove this place. Waiters are kind and the food is superb. You can get a salad bar (buffet style) + second main course + dessert + drink for 10E. I go there as much as I can.

At nights I dream with their carob cake.

Pros: Excellent food, Tons of food, Mmmmm carob cake
Cons: I don't have any, I'm their number 1 fan!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of L'Indret: