Small vegan macrobiotic cafe located inside Lima Health Shop. Crowded during lunch time. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Macrobiotic, Take-out

frbou
frbou

I Love Lima!!

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2015

I live near Lima so I've tried everything on the menu! But to get there you can go from either Shinjuku or Yoyogi.
The burger is the best vege burger I've ever had ! It's a crunchy bread crumbed soy meat with gherkin mayonnaise on a perfectly slightly toasted home made bread bun. You get salad and soup with it. I guess it's pretty expensive for a burger at 900 yen but I think everyone should try it!
I also love their original plate which is different each day, consisting of various little Japanese style dishes. It comes with rice and soup.
The daikon soup is amazing! But I might be biased as I love daikonā™„
The staff are lovely and it's not awkward or difficult to go alone.
They also sell snacks like cookies and sandwiches near the front. The korokke sandwiches are so good! I love the cookies too. Some chocolate looking things might be quite bitter though, as I don't think they use a sweetener (I had chocolate coronet and chocolate brownie).

Pros: Delicious! , Healthy, Friendly
medus
medus

Oishikatta

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

Lima Cafe is a nice small 100% vegan restaurant near Shinjuku station (5-7 minutes from South Exit). The menu is not very extensive (3 or 4 main dishes and several desserts) and portions are a bit small but the food is tasty and worth its price (600-800 yen). There is also a health food shop in the same building that sells vegan lunch boxes (600yen), snacks and other tasty things for those who are still hungry ;-)

Update: after the increase in taxes from April 1st, all main dishes cost 900 yen which puts Lima in "medium" price range.

Pros: 100% vegan, Location, Desserts
Cons: No English, Portions could be bigger
Minni
Minni

Good food, smallish portions

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

We found this restaurant easily just by walking down the street from Yoyogi subway station. It's located opposite to the JR Tokyo General Hospital, inside a health store called Lima.

Food was fresh, macrobiotic food and dessert vegan chocolate cake was also good. Menu was in Japanese but there were pictures. Portions were smallish but tolerable. I thought it was also a little bit cheaper than other places in Tokyo.

The Lima health store was a great find, we could buy vegan soy yogurts and puddings and a lot of other vegan goods from there. Recommended!

Pros: good, fresh food, great location inside a health store
Cons: portions were smallish

Dear Owner and Manager of Lima Cafe: