Serves meat, veg options available. Serve variety of vegetarian & vegan-friendly dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Australian, Non-veg
72 Grafton St (opposite Gilligans)
Cairns, Queensland 4870
07-40519565

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by cupcakes6
antgirl
antgirl

Vegan options in Cairns!

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

As mentioned this place only has a few items on the menu that are labeled vegan, but many/most other options (minus the egg dishes) can be made vegan. I had the vegan lasagne with salad. The salad was super yummy. The lasagne was only okay (a little salty), but still tasty. I would definitely go back. I love the atmosphere and am really glad to have a cute place in Cairns with vegan options on the menu!

Pros: Vegan options on the menu, Cute decor
Feldchase
Feldchase

Finally, a good vegan breakfast!

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

Very veg/ vegan friendly, will do substitutions, and have vegan breakfasts. Huge portions and reasonable prices too.

Pros: Friendly staff, Flavorful, vegan fare, Good prices
Caity180
Caity180

Great for Vegetarians, limited options for Vegans.

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

I often go to Lilipad with friends for breakfast as being Vegan I have a couple of options but mostly I just order one of the fantastic fresh juices. Keep in mind the coffee is pretty bad, service can sometimes be a little slow and it's usually hard to get a seat in peak eating times. On the whole it's a great cafe with a good vibe about it. Most of my friends love the serving sizes, which I personally think are far too large, especially in respect to the portions of meat on them. I really wish they would become more vegan friendly and maybe put allergy information on their menu.

Pros: Fresh Juices, Vegetarian Friendly, Groovy Decor
Cons: Busy, Slow Service, Bad Coffee

Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Dude.......

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

This place was amazing! I had already looked up ideas on here before we checked it out but I wasn't prepared for its awesomeness. There was stuff on the menu that actually said the words "Vegan". I ordered the lasagna, and my husband got the tempeh peanut sandwich thing. Both were seriously huge and worth every non expensive penny! The only thing that I wasn't stoked on was that they close at 3pm and they seemed busy. Pretty helpful though and neat atmosphere.

Pros: Huge portions, Vegan listed in menu, Resonable
Cons: Hours too short, A bit busy, Kinda small
NatalieDowelMcIntosh
NatalieDowelMcIntosh

Disappointing

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

I'm sorry to say that our visit to Lilipad was disappointing. Although the meals are huge, the flavour of our pumpkin salad (which we chose because it was vegan) was a disappointing mish mash of flavours with the dominant flavour being a cheap vinegar taste. We couldn't even taste the pumpkin or any of the subtler flavours because of this. The oil quality was also poor.

It was busy so it obviously appeals to people on one level, perhaps quantity rather than quality. We are writing this review in the hope that it is taken constructively. On the plus side our spinach leaves in the salad were extremely fresh and the vegetable juice we ordered was good.

Pros: location, friendly
Cons: poor flavours
syl
syl

Generous and loving food

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2012

Great vego options, clearly marked. Will do modifications and very reasonable prices.

Love it!

Pros: food, atmosphere, price
Cons: none
cupcakes6
cupcakes6

great food at great prices

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

I went here with a vegan and a meat eater and both left happy. The vegan breakfast "As You Like It" was massive and delicious and the breakfast burrito was also huge and tasty. The juices and coffees we ordered were also very good. Highly recommended for vegetarians/vegans in Cairns!!

Pros: great amount of food, delicious food, healthy options
Cons: none to think of

Dear Owner and Manager of Lilipad Cafe: