There is no food truck in Anini beach. Don't spend your time.
The Lilikoi Lunch and Juice Bar is a food truck at a beautiful beach park about a mile off the main highway between Princeville and Kilauea on the North Shore. It's a bit off the beaten path (which is a good thing -- not overrun with people), and definitely worth a visit for some excellent food in a gorgeous setting. (Go to their web site for driving directions.)
My husband and I both had the Island style organic coconut chili, filled with beans, potato, and big tasty taro chunks. He ordered his with brown rice and a green salad; I ordered mine with quinoa and a kale salad. The chili was delicious; and while the green salad was very good, the kale salad was incredible (a must-order). The portions were huge.
For beverages, hubby ordered a fresh ginger lemonade (fantastic), and I had one of their delicious all-fruit smoothies.
For dessert (taken to go -- we were stuffed) we ordered raw lilikoi pie, and raw coconut macaroons.
Also on the menu: raw chia pudding, smoothies/superfoods of many kinds, granola cups, coconut water, hummus, salad wrap (wheat or spelt tortilla), nori wrap, and specials of the day. Mostly vegan except for a few things made with honey.
Entrees are in the $6 to $7 range, sides are $2.50ish, smoothies $6.75, desserts $3 to $5.
99% of ingredients are organic, using mostly local, in-season produce. 100% of packaging is biodegradable. All waste is recycled; all food scraps are composted.
Don't miss this place. It's truly a gem, set in a beautiful beach park where you can lounge, sun, and snorkel before and after lunch.Pros: Delicious healthy food, Big portions, Beautiful beach setting
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Anini Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has CLOSED: Lilikoi Lunch and Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 72 times since Jan 2013.