Serves meat, veg options available. Check if uses real fish in any dishes. Sells TVP (textured vegetable protein), vegetarian "fish paste" (bagoong), vegan versions of local dishes, local artwork, and regularly conducts art sessions. Relaxing ambiance. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Filipino, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg
1 Lot J. Francisco St. Brgy. Krus na Ligas, UP Diliman, Quezon City (along C.P. Garcia)
Metro Manila, Philippines
02-9255522

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by newbiecat
slo0go
slo0go

Sobrang Masarap!

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2009

This little restaurant had its own cute little garden. The portions were small, but very appropriate for the prices. I loved the rustic feel of the painted wooden furniture.

The food was absolutely delicious. I've been a vegetarian for less than a year, and I definitely missed a lot of the Filipino dishes I could no longer eat. The dishes at Likha Diwa were so close to the real ones. Our appetizer was fried battered mushrooms that tasted just like kalamares. We also ordered pinakbet (with mock bagoong!), miswa soup, rellenong bangus, and adobo. The adobo was especially good. The mock bagoong didn't really taste like bagoong - it wasn't really even salty. However, I was so excited at the very idea of it that I loved it instantly. I was also really impressed with the rellenong bangus, which was made out of tofu that was wrapped in seaweed. Delicious, delicious, delicious!!!

For dessert we ordered the vegan chocolate cake. It was so rich and chocolatey! I've found that it's hard to make a delicious vegan chocolate dessert that actually tastes like chocolate, but I think this one hit the mark. To go, we bought mock ham, mock hot dogs and magic meat. The magic meat really needs to be soaked overnight before cooking with it (we learned this the hard way). The mock ham was great for breakfast. We ate it with fried rice and it brought me back to my childhood, or maybe just back to a year ago when I still ate meat. :-P As for the hot dogs, I introduced them to my very carnivorous Filipino relatives and they really liked them. I'll turn them around just yet . . .

Happy Cow only allows a maximum score of 4 happy cows for non-vegetarian restaurants. I wish I could give Likha Diwa a higher score!

Pros: Cheap prices! , Mock bagoong!, Authentic Filipino cuisine!
newbiecat
newbiecat
  • non-vegetarian

likha diwa - create your mind

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2008

you can't call me a vegetarian yet since i've only let go of beef and pork for about 2 years now. i still eat chicken and fish.. but i;m getting there. likha diwa is the most convenient place for me to try out being a real vegetarian. just yesterday, i had lunch by myself. the prices are very student-friendly. the place has a rustic and artistic feel to it. you can browse through very ancient magazines while waiting for your food. the menu is not strictly vegan so for starters like me, it is very welcoming. i ordered the tuna meal with rice and calamansi juice. it actually tastes like salpicao. the meal was quite big for me so i had to have the excess packed. overall, i've been coming back whenever i have the chance and i recommend this place to everyone

Pros: good food, quiet and peaceful ambience, reasonable price
Cons: should update reading materials, bathroom floor is wet

Dear Owner and Manager of Likha Diwa Sa Gulod: