Like No Udder - Food Truck

Mobile truck operating mostly in Providence. Offers all vegan & kosher soft serve ice cream in cups or cone with selection of toppings. Also shakes, floats, candy bars, and nachos. No hydrogenated ingredients. more-less

First Review by will-travel-for-food
travegan
travegan

Udderly fantastic!

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

Creamy delightful soft serve that is vegan - what's not to like? If you can track down her truck then definitely make the effort. She updates Facebook regularly with her various stops. If you have the opportunity to try it you won't be disappointed!
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 28, 2011

Pros: vegan, friendly, tasty
Cons: long lines
elephantelizabeth
elephantelizabeth

Obsession

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

I have an obsession with Like No Udder and I love that it can only be found it Rhode Island (is that greedy?) Their ice cream is the bomb and so are the owners!! I love the variety of vegan candy bars they also sell.

Pros: Shakes, Toppings
Cons: Not all year round :(
sapphicseven
sapphicseven

Yum!

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

I don't know how healthy these treats are, but every ice cream I've tried is so tasty! I adore this truck, but like most vegan treats it is a little pricey

Pros: delicious, convenient, unique to the area
Cons: pricey , limited availability
whitegirlgoesgreen
whitegirlgoesgreen

The best!

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2012

The best vegan ice cream I've ever had! My friend who's not a vegan had it as well and she thought it was wonderful. Definitely worth hunting the truck down next time you're around Providence!

Pros: Friendly, personable service, Great food, Healthy-ish
Cons: Hard to track down sometimes
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

good people, good treats

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

the folks that run like no udder provide excellent customer service. i always stop by the truck whenever i pass through new england. the milkshakes are my favorite, but everything i've sampled has been top-notch.

Pros: vegan milkshakes, vegan soft serve, vegan owner

alyssax3
alyssax3

Hits the Spot!

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2012

First of all, LOVE the concept! I tried the chocolate soft serve at Boston Veg-Fest and it was awesome! Infact, I got another one before leaving! Downfall is that they aren't open all year round (which makes sense but sucks). Decent selection: vanilla/chocolate soft serve, cup/cone, toppings, milkshakes, and slushy drinks. Woman serving seemed very nice, I think she was the owner. Love it! Can't wait to get some this April and feed my soft serve craving.

Pros: Great soft serve, friendly server
Cons: Not open year-round
Pwnie-Boy
Pwnie-Boy

Utterly Delicious!

5 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2011

Having been a huge fan of what she had to offer back in her Screaming Vegan days, we couldn't have been more excited to see Karen bring the first Vegan Ice Cream Truck to RI. The soft served ice cream got us through many a hot summer day this past year, and we look forward to another summer filled with visits to the ice cream truck. Karen and whoever else may at times be working the truck are great about keeping you updated on their current location via twitter.

The shakes and floats are great, but we're soft serve addicts now so you'd be hard pressed to find me near that truck without a cone in my hand. Well worth it, and delectable.

Pros: Vegan Soft Serve!, Vegan Soft Serve!, Vegan Soft Serve
Cons: : /, : /, : /
Laurie-Marie
Laurie-Marie

Awesome!

5 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

What delicious soft-serve vegan ice cream! I really appreciate that the owner offers gluten-free cones. Nice selection of toppings, friendly service, and everything is vegan.

Pros: delicious vegan soft-serve ice cream , gluten-free cones, friendly service
Maxim
Maxim

Delicious vegan soft-serve

5 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

I love Like No Udder. The owner has really perfected the recipe, so her vegan soft-serve is now second to none and sold at very reasonable prices. The fact that one can get a gluten-free cone makes this gem on wheels even more precious.

Pros: delicious soft-serve, friendly and accommodating owner, if you are lucky, it will come to you!
kero734
kero734

vegan soft serve!

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2010

i had a cup of vanilla soft serve with peanut butter sauce on the 4th...i had read the above review and was nervous it was going to taste like coconut (i personally hate all of the coconut ice cream products out there) but it was SO GOOD- hit the spot on the fourth. like no udder also posts the truck's location on FB/twitter with a cell number so you can always find out where it is.

Pros: soft serve!, toppings!, always know where the truck is
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Good concept and nice folks -- but pricey!

3 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2010

We stopped at the Like No Udder truck while visiting the Providence Rock and Roll Yard Sale at Grant's Block. I ordered a pistachio shake ($5) and my husband ordered a rootbeer float with vanilla ice cream ($5.75). The shake was made with both vegan vanilla ice cream and coconut milk, which made for a thick shake. The pistachio flavor was very subdued however, and it basically tasted like a vanilla and mild coconut shake. It was nice -- but quite not worth $5 for a small serving. My husband's root beer float was okay -- but, again, $5.75 is steep for a small serving of soda with a scoop of ice cream in it. Also, we did find a small black hair inside his vanilla ice cream. (The woman working the truck had long grayish hair, so it was definitely not from her head.) We just plucked out the hair and continued drinking the float because those kinds of things don't really bother us. Also, we didn't want to embarrass the Like-No-Udder worker since there were many people standing around the truck. A vegan ice cream truck is a great concept -- but, for the price, we'd prefer to get our vegan ice cream from Kafe Lila in Pawtucket. I wish Like No Udder luck with their venture!

Pros: vegan offerings
Cons: very pricey, smaller portions, found a hair in the ice cream

Dear Owner and Manager of Like No Udder - Food Truck: