Food is prepared by the owner. The menu consists of around 10 dishes: large salads, cold buckwheat noodles with tomatoes, a vegetarian burger, pasta. Plate comes with soup. Drinks include fresh orange juice, young coconuts, smoothies, organic herbal tea, and coffee. Entrance is on Eastern Street in between First and Second Streets. Nearest MTR station Sai Ying Pun. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out
Entrance on Eastern St (btwn First and Second St)
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
OPEN NOW

Tue-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by amy sledge
T2Veggie
T2Veggie

Still thinking about the black bean burger

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

A non-veg friend took me here. Clean place, no-aircon, helpfull friendly staff. We had the lunch special for HK120 which was soup and the black bean burger w/ salad. I'm talking vegan style salad not a skimpy side dish. We also split the sweet potato dessert & had to leave a couple bites behind bec. we were stuffed. We were early but during lunch it was full, might want to call ahead & check.

To get there take the double decker trolley, get off at Eastern St. and head uphill. It will be a few blocks on the right. Entrance hidden by plants but you'll see the green painted building.

Pros: taste, variety, staff knowledge of ingredients
Cons: no aircon
JBHK
JBHK

THE BEST bean burger!

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2014

Found myself in the far reaches of Sheung Wan the other day & was very excited(!) to use my HappyCow app for the first time. Despite the position on the map being slightly off & no actual address on the info, I managed to find Light Radiant Food & was very glad I did. I was tempted by a few things on the menu but ended up getting the bean burger which came with a soup and a tea. I was intending to take home & eat there but the yummy smell got the better of me in the car & i ended up drinking the soup. Well - that was SO good, I thought I'd just have a bite of the burger.........needless to say none of the meal actually made it home. It was SO delicious. I'm definately going back. Oh yeah, the owner served me & was also lovely.

Pros: FOOD!, friendly staff, nice vibe
Cons: map needs correcting, far from Sai Kung!
  • Stevie Stevie

Hi JBHK,

Based on your review I've submitted an improvement to the map marker. Hopefully that should be updated soon.

Regards,

Light Radiant Food, Hong Kong

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

I lunched here today. I asked the waitress what was vegan friendly and was told everything. I asked the waitress for a recommendation and was asked in reply if I would like the rice or the burger. I plumped for the burger.

1st up was a mushroom type soup that was delicious. Then came the burger on a toasted roll with salad. The burger was falafel and good falafel at that. I'm not the type to usually get excited about salads. This though today was a delight with a quite wonderful dressing.

I passed up on the tea / coffee that was included in the bundle for 130 hkd. No issues with either service nor setting.

This was great.

Pros: All vegan, great food
amy sledge
amy sledge

Yummy place with sweet owner

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

I love this place. Set menu only with homemade soup entree and tea. The tofu stir fry is super. In fact, it is the only thing I order at this point. The owner is also the chef and often the server so don't go if you are in a hurry. She is very kind with a generous spirit and warm smile.

Pros: Yummy Food, Kind staff
Cons: Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Light Radiant Food: