Natural food market with a fresh juice bar. Stocks fresh organic produce, vitamins, raw foods and desserts, vegan foods. Has deli, salad bar, juice bar, bakery. Seating upstairs. more-less

First Review by pswritter
Mirja Love RAW
Mirja Love RAW
  • raw

Paradise on earth!!

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

I L O V E this place soo much!!! The first time I went I spent something like 4 hours there. The store is huge and they got warm food, cold food, smoothies, juices, bakery and tons of foods, cosmetics/toiletries etc and a huge ice cream section (oh dear I totally overate as I wanted them all. My fave is the Naked Coconut Bliss or something)
I am mulitallergic, vegan and a raw foodist and this place is heaven!! And the service: better than I have ever gotten anywhere else. Some of the staff know more than a doctor and will gladly guide you through the jungle of vitamins and supplements. If you can`t find what you are looking for there, you won`t find it anywhere!

newspanishvegan
newspanishvegan

What a find!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

I stumbled across this tiny looking supermarket by accident simply because I noticed the ad outside for organic straberries. Once inside tho. Incredible stock of vegan foods. Both fresh, dried, canned, frozen. And a juice bar and salad bar and hot food bar and deli and cake display too. I bought a stack of foods to take home with me but THE absolute best were the chocolate cakes. Amazzzzzzzzzzzzing. I tried the chocolate cake which was moist and had a thick gooey chocolately cream on it and in it. Also the chocolate log with a peanut cream filling. Both absolutely stunning and only $5 a slice which you couldn't possibly eat all in one go. The chocolate chip cookies were fab too. Absolute heaven.

Pros: wide choice, everything labelled with ingredients, helpful staff

sglcklch
sglcklch

Great store

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2012

I loaded up on travel food here. They really have wonderful selections of veg*n/raw products. I also had a lentil soup and a piece of deep dish tofu-greens-quinoa pie from the deli for lunch. They were OK, definitely looked better than they tasted. There were also some sweet treats, both cooked and raw, available but too bad I was already full; otherwise I would have totally got a piece of those decadently rich looking cakes for dessert! The place is not big and the shelves are all cramped together, so quite often I found myself being in somebody else's way or vice versa while browsing, which spoiled the whole shopping experience a little bit.

Pros: selections
Cons: cramped
NikkieG
NikkieG

Friendly Staff -Good Raw Food

3 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2009

Nice people/staff, definitely accomodating. However,the place is so small and cluttered. Very narrow aisles. Their fresh food was reasonable compared to restaurants and ingredients, since all ingredients were organic and raw. Downside: had a mouse running around the aisle. :( My friend said she loved the food, but didn't like the mouse. Luckily she didn't scream.

Pros: friendly staff, knowledgable staff, great fresh prepared food
Cons: mice, narrow isles, cluttered
Claude
Claude

Fantastic place

5 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

My wife and I, and our two-and-a-half-year-old son were in NY for a week. We went to LifeThyme almost every day, sometimes twice. It was THAT good! Amazed by some of the people who don't like the food. Admittedly, we eat vegan and mostly raw and therefore can't vouch for the cooked food or meat sections. But there's a superb juice bar, although it does get busy and you can be kept waiting. The raw selection is great - good value, I thought. The vegan selections are superb, too. Lots of variety and tasty as well. The rest of the store is excellent. So much on offer, more than you'd find in a similar store in London, where we live. If this place existed in London we'd be there all the time. Really missing the desserts since we've got back home and the next visit to NY we're heading straight for LifeThyme!

Pros: excellent food, good sized portions, brilliant juice bar
Cons: Can be kept waiting, long lines at check-out
venus72
venus72

I miss Life Thyme- NY

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2007

Despite some minor flaws Life Thyme is one of my favorite stores. I miss this store greatly since I relocated to Houston Texas from NY and I cannot find any rice cake to replace their one in a million carob coated rice cake, my favorite being the mint flavour-simply delicious.

Dear Owner and Manager of LifeThyme Market: