LifeSource Natural Foods

Health food market stocking organic and natural foods, fresh vegetables and fruits, cereals, nutritional supplements, and deli hot foods and organic salad bar. Open daily. more-less

First Review by eggfnp
daisypug
daisypug

Excellent!

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2011

This is an awesome place to get a quick bite to eat and be confident you are eating good wholesome food. They have a nice salad bar, includes hot entree options, great homemade soup, and a variety of other options. I travel extensively and prefer this type of eatery as it's quick, healthy, and I get to brows the isles afterwards for natural goodies!

deadguy83
deadguy83

My lifesource.

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2010

Lifesource is Salem's only real health food/ natural food store. I love this store because it has a great crunchy atmosphere and lots of vegan options. My most recent favorite junk food from Lifesource is Dandies vegan marshmallows. I also appreciate the choclolate section and the deli, which is full of amazing hot food, like ginger tofu, basmati rice, spiced veggies etc.. Pizza rules too.

Pros: Great food, Cool atmosphere, Nice employees
Cons: Kinda far from my house., Only one location., nothing
KickinItRaw
KickinItRaw
  • raw

My Primary Source of Food

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2010

I can spend hours in our local LifeSource Natural Foods Store. While I love the availability of fresh, organic foods and resources, I find the prices to be quite high, limiting the amount of healthy (organic) food I am able to eat. What I like the most about them, is their staff's knowledge of specialized products and how they go out of their way to help you. I have only had one unfortunate experience with them to date--and I suspect it can happen to anyone who sells organic produce. I brought home a great deal of Kale only to find out there were a ton of living bugs all throughout the bunches. That freaked me out a little, and wasted valuable money, but I understand how that could happen. I wish we could get organic food a little cheaper in our area. I can only supply myself with organic, raw foods 1/2 to 3/4 of the month.

Pros: variety, expertise, availability
Cons: pricey

evawin
evawin
  • raw

Best Health Food Store Ever!

5 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2009

I love this health food store! It is clearly a mom and pop operation, but they have a great selection of organic bulk items...even organic oat groats and organic honey and agave! They always have beautiful produce. They should pat themselves on the back for being an outstanding small business. I only wish I didn't have to drive over two hours to go there. However, it's well worth the drive!

eggfnp
eggfnp

Great Store

4 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2008

LifeSource is a terrific resource for Salem. It's recent renovation and expansion have provided a light and pleasant dinig area. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a wide variety of foods available. Good produce section. Large selection of supplements and such (may be pro or con depending on your point of view.)

Pros: friendly staff, good selection, healthy food
Cons: too many supplements

Dear Owner and Manager of LifeSource Natural Foods: