Raw food counter and retail shop with a small seating area inside. Food is prepackaged and refrigerated, includes a range of cold raw salads, a raw nut chili, smoothies, and raw patisserie. Food is all raw except for bread used in the sandwiches. Retail area sells organic health care and beauty products. Uses honey and bee pollen, labeled. Has another outlet in Santa Monica. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Raw, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
1507 N Cahuenga Blvd (Sunset Blvd, opposite Amoeba Records)
Hollywood, California 90028
323-466-0927
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by TRaeCH
Chia
Chia

Little place with good selection

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2014

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my LifeFood Organic review. My friend and I were on our way to the Golden Bridge Yoga studio for a workshop. We looked at HappyCow maps and noticed that this place was just nearby, so we came for lunch beforehand.

LifeFood Organic is a raw cafe, mostly takeout kind of place. There are 2 small areas with tables for seating. All the food is already prepared and packaged and stored in refrigerators for choosing. There is a good variety including several desserts, various salads, and a couple sandwiches - though the sandwich bread is not raw, it's sprouted bread. There is a separate fridge with all sorts of smoothies and beverages.

My friend and I shared the chili, a wild black rice salad, a kelp noodle salad, plus a lemon poppy seed cake (made with almond meal), and a berry tart/pie. Every is raw and served cold. I enjoyed everything, especially the wild rice salad and the kelp noodle salad. My friend liked the lemon poppy seed cake. The chili was pretty good, too.

My only complaint would be that the portions are a bit small for the price. However, I understand that the location is very central and the rent is probably expense. The food is organic and well prepared, so it's definitely worth the try. I'm glad I did and would definitely return to try the other stuff.

Pros: good variety, nice flavors, biodegradable packaging
Cons: small portions
JesiDi
JesiDi
  • raw

Raw food...

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

I feel kind of bad about writing this review because I wanted to love it, but I didn't. I got their chilled leek soup and a salad that seemed like it had been sitting there for a while. I don't remember there being that much of a variety in choices. It wasn't fresh... Also, the person behind the counter was not very nice and not helpful. No one was in there when I went and when I left, I wasn't surprised as I figured why...

sglcklch
sglcklch

Loved this place

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

My partner and I stopped by for lunch here while in the neighborhood. It was very convenient being right in the center of Hollywood. There were so many options that we literally stood in front of the display counter debating for a good 10 minutes before compromising on a bagel, a wrap, a kale salad, and a tiramisu. Everything was delicious. Portions might seem small but the food was actually quite filling because of all the fats; it lasted me the whole afternoon and I hadn't even had breakfast that day. I would definitely come back if I visit L.A. again!

Pros: food, location

TRaeCH
TRaeCH

The Chili. Have the chili!!!

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2010

I went to LifeFood Organic a few months ago after spending a day (most of it in Amoeba record store) in Hollywood. They were about to switch over to their "summer menu" (menu changes twice a year, so I was told, so they can prepare food based on what is in season). The owner was there and told us about the place, their approach to raw food and about what they offered. She was very helpful.

I had their award winning raw chili. It was incredible. Chili cannot taste any better than this! You must try it if in the area! My friend ordered a sandwich, if I recall correctly and he enjoyed it - I liked it a lot based on my one bite.

I am very partial to raw food restaurants so keep that in mind when considering the score I am giving it. Overall, the food was superb, staff very friendly and helpful, location is incredible, and for what they - as a small outfit - attempt to do, they pull it off just about perfectly. Healthy food and juices/smoothies with all natural products for sale as well. I loved LifeFood Organic.

Pros: Chili, Delicious food, Owner was great
Cons: Perhaps a tiny bit pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of LifeFood Organic: