Life Alive Urban Oasis and ...

One of a few locations. Offers fresh juices, smoothies, tofu dishes, quinoa, wraps, and other healthy foods. Also a store selling natural products. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Fusion, American
194 Middle St (opposite Quilt Museum)
Lowell, Massachusetts 01852
978-453-1311
OPEN NOW

Mon-Wed 10:00am-8:00pm, Thu-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 10:00am-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm

First Review by myboyfriendisdead
Cheryl runner
Cheryl runner

great place!

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch on our way home from Nashua NH after a half marathon over the weekend. We are both Vegan and very health concious. I had the mystic mountain salad with a side of avacado and the Eros alive smoothie. My husband had adventurur in a wrap and the Eros smoothie. Both were excellent and very flavorful! The service was great and the staff was very friendly. This little cafe was very brighly colored and there were lots to look at. They even sold health products and exotic teas. It was a bit small but, cozy. Oh and the bathroom is a must see! Very cool! Love this place and I would go back even though it is an hour and a half drive for us.

Pros: great menu, friendly staff, bright and inviting
Cons: small table are squished together
veganamanda
veganamanda

Love it!

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

I love this place. The food is healthy and yummy. Everything can be made vegan. The atmosphere and decor is really cool. Sometimes there are live bands playing.

The only downside is that they are usually pretty slow. But it's worth the wait.

Pros: yummy food, good atmosphere
Cons: limited seating, can't go with a group, long wait for food
Suz
Suz

Funky Fare in Lowell!!

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

We haven't lived in New England for nearly 20 yrs. Hubs and i were visiting for family reasons Oct 2013. My octogenarian father and some of his younger church friends wanted to treat us to a Friday night meal out that they thought *we'd* enjoy. Turned out none of them were veg*n or anything remotely like that.(They didn't even know what Braggs' Aminos were --> my first clue!) So naturally, they didn't know about HappyCow. Somehow they found this place and all wanted to check it out!

I ordered a yummy lentil soup (very tiny bowl) and got served pretty fast. Everyone else had to wait a good long while and we were all pretty hungry. Local musicians played non-stop *loud* '60s live music. *I* loved it!! Perfectly fit the fun mood of the place, tho we couldn't talk, so didn't get to know each other very well.

I don't believe anyone but me enjoyed their meal. And we were ALL still hungry when we left. This is NO criticism of Life Alive!!

I would say this cafe serves pretty hardcore fare... VERY healthy and VERY green... but not a great choice for a bunch of Friday night hungry meat-eaters or even veggie newbies or wannabes who really have NO experience eating this way at all.(Or those of us out-of-town vegans who hadn't eaten all day...)

That said... Hubs and i would likely frequent the place if we lived up there... sans the rest of that crew. Life Alive was comfy and funky and everyone working there smiled and seemed pleased with what they were contributing. Everything was top-notch (if pricey) and the feeling that the entire staff was on a delightful *mission* to make and serve the very healthiest dishes in Lowell simply permeated the atmosphere!

Now, i hadn't been in Lowell for a very long time, but this really WAS an urban oasis to me!! What a delight to find this place ... even if it wasn't the best experience for the rest of the gang! (Maybe we can *ease* them into it a little when we go back?) ;D

Thanks for a really entertaining evening on sooo many levels, Life Alive Cafe!! Will be back next visit for sure!

Pros: VERY healthy fare!!, Fun and funky atmosphere!, Nice vibes from staff!!
Cons: Not for newbies or wannabes!!, Somewhat pricey for the portions

kobi
kobi

Yumm!

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

My friend and I went here for a light lunch. We got The Adventurer in a wrap and a cup of corn chowder. The Adventurer was absolutely delicious- try it now!!! Mmm I could eat it all day!! The corn chowder was not so good, but then again I'm not really a fan of corn chowder anyways.

The ambiance and feel makes you feel happy and light- we will definitely be back!! If you're looking for a local hot spot- come here!

Pros: Delicious food, Great vibe, Good Portions
Cons: Hard to navigate menu
futurefossils
futurefossils

Favorite place in Lowell

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

I frequent this place when I'm in down town Lowell. They have some of the best vegan food I have ever had. My favorite dish would have to be the green goddess. The smoothies are excellent and the people who work there are always very friendly and warm. Speaking of warm, why is this place always so hot?
I love the art work and the products they sell.

blaineb
blaineb

Like Food used to be in the 60's

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2013

Wonderful options and everything was fresh. One almost negative was the clean water glasses had a chlorine odor but they moved fast and apologized profusely!

Pros: Large portions, Fresh
Cons: Too many choices
pdddy100
pdddy100

yummmmm

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2013

delishhhhh.....and only 5miles away

heliumheels
heliumheels

My go-to place for a quick and nourishing meal

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

I have been a patron of Life Alive in Lowell for quite awhile now. I take evening classes nearby, so I eat there almost weekly. My favorite dish is the green goddess. I am working my way through the menu and have tried most of their warm meals. The green tea lattes and hemp vanilla lattes are all great as well. They use honey as a sweetener in their lattes, but you can request maple syrup or agave as an alternative sweetener. The food is fresh, healthy and delicious. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their bulk section is pretty awesome. I buy my nutritional yeast and protein powder here. Definitely my favorite place to eat in Lowell and the surrounding area.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Healthy, Great food
Guest
Guest

Life Alive- my favorite place for food in Lowell

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2012

Life Alive is all vegetarian and most of their meals are vegan! My favorite dish is the green goddess. The service is great, friendly workers, nice environment. I love it.

Pros: great foods, friendly employees, nice atmosphere
pisceschic
pisceschic

Vegan Deliciousness

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2010

I tried Life Alive today on my drive from NH to CT. I'm so glad I checked it out. The decor and ambiance are very relaxing and inspirational. There is plenty of seating. It seems like a great place to get a meal or have coffee and chat or read. The 2 staff members were polite and helpful.
The food was very tasty. I had butternut squash soup (great flavor but luke warm), the Alchemist salad (extremely flavorful, and the Taster Plate was the perfect portion), and a good iced coffee with soy milk. My non-vegan wife enjoyed her Kiddie Quesadilla and Romantic wrap. We couldn't decide what to get because there were so many interesting options. The only non-vegan ingredients are hard-boiled eggs and cheddar cheese, which you can substitute with Daiya. We would drive an hour and a half back there.

Pros: Very vegan friendly, Healthy, Delicious
Cons: Luke-warm soup, Didn't see any homemade baked goods
nhfoos
nhfoos

Epic fail! avoid if your polite and easy going.

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2009

This place has some sort of weird cult following or something, just don't get it. my friend totally loves the place and recommended it, the food is good but not great! from the moment I walked in the atmosphere was very cold and unfriendly, full moon maybe i don't know. there were 3 people working, one was very nice and asked how everything was the other two thinks their poop don't stink, crabby snooty attitudes from them. like I said the food was decent but the service really sucked which to me makes the whole experience worth stopping in, for that alone I will never go back. not only were the employees rude but so were the patrons, a woman walks in well after we were seated and eating, sits behind me and totally slams her chair into mine numerous times to get me to move my chair or trying to tell me something, no clue. there were 10 other tables not being used but she had to sit right behind me and be a jerk for no reason. one of the worst experiences ever had while dining, reading the other reviews leave me to think the authors work there. I'd give this place a O zero if the site would let me.

Pros: Food was OK, some Organic foods
Cons: Workers, Patrons, Rude
theveggievoice
theveggievoice

Perfect

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2009

Funky vibe, healthy food that's entirely delicious...what's not to love? They even drew a heart on the paper wrapper of our sandwich. :-) Great stop on a road trip through New England.

Pros: fusion of health + flavor, great atmosphere, customizable dishes
Cons: very very busy at lunch time
The Vegan Review
The Vegan Review
  • fruitarian

Life Alive

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2009

Their dishes are incredibly and intensely flavorful. The Swami and the Rebel are my favorites. Their raw salad, the Mystic, is delectable as well. I've come with family and friends and the servers are always friendly and polite. The atmosphere is bright and vibrant. Original art adorns the walls and they have a little bit of a health food shop going. Life Alive definitely lives up to its name!

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, great atmosphere
akarnauk
akarnauk

Our favorite Vegetarian fare in NE

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2009

This place is worth the drive. The wraps are super fresh and served warm. The taster bowls have amazing dressings which are all made in store. There is a Small bookshop which is interesting to browse while wafting for food. Prices are very fare. Our family favorite is the Chocolate Elvis Shake

Pros: Tasty food, great prices, amazing shakes
Cons: wish it was closer to Boston
Kate811
Kate811

Awesome.

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2008

I loved this place from the moment I walked in. It's very pretty and the menu is awesome! I ordered the Emperor in a bowl and returned the next week to order it in a wrap! They have a lot of warm and cold foods as well as different teas and a great collection of smoothies. This is a place you must go!

Pros: Great Food, Great Selection
Cons: Must purchase minimum $12 to use credit
jejemlea
jejemlea

Great Place to Meet with Friends and Eat :)

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2008

This place has a very comfy atmosphere. Right in the heart of downtown Lowell. The food is excellent and there is a great variety! Highly recommend! Try it out for yourself!

Pros: delicious food, comfy atmosphere, Many resources!
Cons: hidden, parking
annice
annice

longer summer hours

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2007

They are open one our longer each day in the summertime as we discovered on our last visit. We enjoy eating here whenever we visit our family in the area. The food is great, and the portions large.

myboyfriendisdead
myboyfriendisdead

Try a tasty wrap!

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2007

In walking distance to UMASS Lowell this tasty cafe is a must try. Brown rice, fresh steamed veggie, marinated tofu, homemade sauces, feel free to create your own wrap. Fresh squeezed juices and wheat grass add the perfect touch to their light, yet filling meals. Vitamins are also available for purchase and other natural health items.

Cons: minimal seating available

Dear Owner and Manager of Life Alive Urban Oasis and Organic Cafe: