CLOSED: Lien Hoa Chay

Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant. May 2014, reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Take-out, Catering
9442 E Garvey Ave
South El Monte, California 91733
626-450-0729

Open daily 9-7, except Tue 9-2.

First Review by Chia
FruitnVeggieLover
FruitnVeggieLover

Return Customer, if I'm in the Area

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

The prices are so cheap! The food is decent and the portions are good. Almost everything on the menu is only $6. We ordered Bun Cha Gio (egg rolls with vermicelli), guoi cuon (spring rolls) and pho, I think. The place is small and in a culturally unique area that I'm usually not in. I won't go out of my way to go back, but I wouldn't mind returning, either. Try it, if you're in the area, for your traditional Vietnamese fare.

Pros: great prices, decent food, moderate portions
Cons: tiny & plain
Chia
Chia

Little Vietnamese eatery

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and ate lunch here once. Here's my Lien Hoa Chay review.

The restaurant is located on a very busy street. There is metered parking directly in front.

The inside of the restaurant is very basic and nothing fancy. There are several tables for seating, and there is a glass case with ready made food (fried tofu cubes, white flour buns, fried spring rolls, prepared mock meats in sauces).

The Vietnamese woman who runs this little eatery was very friendly and quick on her feet. She handed us the menu which featured various Vietnamese rice and noodle soups as well as dishes containing mock meats.

From the deli case, we got rice, fried tofu, and fried rolls. From the menu, we ordered a spicy noodle soup and a Vietnemese crepe. The food was mostly okay. My daughter enjoyed her rice and tofu. I liked the spicy noodle soup okay, but the crepe was too oily and not very good. I didn't finish it.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Lien Hoa Chay: